Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
Tell me how you felt when you did a partial hanging, but your rope came undone, or were you saved?
Did it hurt you? Did you feel like you were suffocating before losing consciousness or not?
Do you remember how quickly you managed to lose consciousness?
What position were you in?
Do you remember how many minutes you were unconscious before you were found or your rope was untied?

The question is about partial hanging

F

ForReal

Jan 16, 2024
Just about 2 hours ago I thought I'd "try it out". I felt the buzzing like anaesthetic and I was out. I only woke up when the wrap over hook I used slipped off the door and I fell to the floor and now I have to explain a broken nose. Fortunately I cleared up most of the blood before anyone saw anything, otherwise I would have been off to psych. I used a bathrobe cord that was hanging up. I can tell you that this method 100% works if the cord is high around the jaw line at the sides where the jaw curves up, at least that was the case for my anatomy. So no need for charcoal now, I'll just use this on Monday.

• Love
Reactions: Justnotme
F

ForReal

Jan 16, 2024
I tried just below the jaw at the sides and it worked immediately so i used that. I was partially crouching when i passed out. In retrospect i must make sure that when I'm out my rear doesn't touch the floor. I will also zip tie my hands behind my back.
When I woke up there was blood all over the floor took me about 30 mins to clear it all up
As you can imagine my head wasn't in the best state either.
Edit. I realise now I'm being fanciful about my chances of success.
I'm changing my approach, moving to an eyelet on a beam and potentially using a ladder. Stepping down to create the tension.
Alternatively air sitting if that's the right term.

Last edited:
F

ForReal

Jan 16, 2024
Just about 2 hours ago I thought I'd "try it out". I felt the buzzing like anaesthetic and I was out. I only woke up when the wrap over hook I used slipped off the door and I fell to the floor and now I have to explain a broken nose. Fortunately I cleared up most of the blood before anyone saw anything, otherwise I would have been off to psych. I used a bathrobe cord that was hanging up. I can tell you that this method 100% works if the cord is high around the jaw line at the sides where the jaw curves up, at least that was the case for my anatomy. So no need for charcoal now, I'll just use this.
Another failure, now i hear noises in my head. Time for a proper rope. Placed the rope below the Adams apple and it worked as well for me as above. I seem to have no problem passing out, only staying out for long enough.
I'm an example of what can happen when trying this method without considering all the angles carefully. I'm quite desperate. I'm not going to try again without that, i will use a beam, poly sailing rope, zip ties for legs and partial with my rear about a foot off the ground. My nose is the reminder now that i need to be more methodical. Hard to believe i have a science degree, just shows what desperation will do.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Justnotme