• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

lament.

lament.

the Immortal
Jun 28, 2023
I tried partial hanging last night and I feel like I got really close but I felt this really strong numbness around my mouth, I was expecting numbness to some degree but not around the front of my face and something about that numbness kept triggering my SI, I was fine each time I tried until I felt that sensation and I'm so disappointed because I know I kept getting seconds away from passing out and subsequently dying. I'm honestly just lost on what to do about it whether I should keep trying to brute force it and just get past that sensation, but that would just lead to more chance of me getting caught and honestly doesn't seem that likely to work. I've been reading the hanging mega thread and while I haven't read through every page (there's over 100...) as well as a few other threads about people failing partial, but I didn't see anyone really mention feeling numbness in their face. I just wish SN was available here in the UK, that seems so much easier.

So has anyone that's tried partial felt the same or knows of a different way of tying the rope or setting it up in a way that wouldn't lead to that sensation. I just want to be gone so badly and this feels like the final roadblock. I have alcohol but I don't know if that would help or make it worse.

For reference I'm using 12mm cotton rope and tying one end to the top of my bedframe.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and rozeske
lament.

lament.

the Immortal
Jun 28, 2023
Alcohol isn't always helpful but I can't remember why.

Try using a robe tie or scarf so that there's less pressure in one very tight place. I assume you're definitely hitting the carotid artery above the Adams apple?
Thankyou, and yeah I believe I was hitting it, I made sure the rope was around where my pulse was which I believe is correct.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I tried partial hanging last night and I feel like I got really close but I felt this really strong numbness around my mouth, I was expecting numbness to some degree but not around the front of my face and something about that numbness kept triggering my SI, I was fine each time I tried until I felt that sensation and I'm so disappointed because I know I kept getting seconds away from passing out and subsequently dying. I'm honestly just lost on what to do about it whether I should keep trying to brute force it and just get past that sensation, but that would just lead to more chance of me getting caught and honestly doesn't seem that likely to work. I've been reading the hanging mega thread and while I haven't read through every page (there's over 100...) as well as a few other threads about people failing partial, but I didn't see anyone really mention feeling numbness in their face. I just wish SN was available here in the UK, that seems so much easier.

So has anyone that's tried partial felt the same or knows of a different way of tying the rope or setting it up in a way that wouldn't lead to that sensation. I just want to be gone so badly and this feels like the final roadblock. I have alcohol but I don't know if that would help or make it worse.

For reference I'm using 12mm cotton rope and tying one end to the top of my bedframe.
Did you get the exploding head feeling or just the numbness?

Reactions: lament.
nightlygem

nightlygem

La Joya
Sep 27, 2023
I felt that numbness too! It's kinda like an unsettling tingle for me. The body can do some weird things when theres no oxygen. For me, i felt this weird sensation flood my face and then this weird tingly feeling which lead to uncomfortable numbness. It's ultimately what bothers me the most about hanging and night-night. Wish there was a magical way to solve this.

• Love
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
It was just the numbness, my head felt fine for the most part.
Like @nightlygem said the numbness could indicate lack of oxygen which would result in unconsciousness.
I wish you luck and in whatever you decide I hope you find peace and freedom ❤️

• Love
Anri_wants_peace

Anri_wants_peace

Dec 23, 2023
oh...numbness...i was experimenting whit that method one day and i noticed that every sound gets very very low progressively and what triggered my SI was the sensation that my head was going to explode :/

• Hugs
Reactions: lament., theRetroHawk and rozeske
lament.

lament.

the Immortal
Jun 28, 2023
oh...numbness...i was experimenting whit that method one day and i noticed that every sound gets very very low progressively and what triggered my SI was the sensation that my head was going to explode :/

I also experienced sounds starting to disappear, I had music playing and I could barely even hear it anymore it but I guess that just shows how close you are to passing out. It was off-putting but not to the extent that the numbness was. And about your head feeling like it was gonna explode, I have heard if you are having that sensation you might not be tying the rope over the carotid artery, but I'm not 100% sure. I wish there was more information readily available online about this kind of stuff, I don't really know where else to look other than here and when I do try there's no personal accounts about peoples failures (other than on here).

Anri_wants_peace

Anri_wants_peace

Dec 23, 2023
I also experienced sounds starting to disappear, I had music playing and I could barely even hear it anymore it but I guess that just shows how close you are to passing out. It was off-putting but not to the extent that the numbness was. And about your head feeling like it was gonna explode, I have heard if you are having that sensation you might not be tying the rope over the carotid artery, but I'm not 100% sure. I wish there was more information readily available online about this kind of stuff, I don't really know where else to look other than here and when I do try there's no personal accounts about peoples failures (other than on here).
oh...i thought that the head going boom sensation meant that i was doing it the correct way...well thanks for that

• Love