Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
So I tried to hang myself last night using an extendable dog lead. I clipped it back into itself using the bit that attached to a dog collar and made a slip knot. I then wrapped the handle part around a banister on my stairs and then slipped it over my head and just leaned back into it.

I was caught my my partner who untied me. This would have almost certainly worked if I wasn't interrupted.

So now today he's home and I've put myself in a very tricky situation where he now realises I genuinely want to CTB and it's not 'all talk'. I'm so annoyed with myself for being caught but it just goes to show you don't have to have fancy ropes and go to so much planning in order to pass from hanging. You just need to not be a damned idiot like me and get caught.

So angry at myself :hmph:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Wrennie, DivineMedicus, Bigpink and 4 others
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
Sorry that you where rescued. Hope you have not too much pain at your neck now. And no it's not your fault. It's the fault of society that is not able to accept suicide as a normal thing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie, DivineMedicus, Bigpink and 2 others
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Sorry that you where rescued. Hope you have not too much pain at your neck now. And no it's not your fault. It's the fault of society that is not able to accept suicide as a normal thing.
It's pretty sore and have marks but I'll recover I'm sure. I've been in bed all day as I just can't face the world right now. Thanks for your kind message x

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie
Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
Hope you feel better soon and that it works the next time you'll try

• Hugs
Reactions: Emily_Numb
vacant_n

vacant_n

Aug 13, 2020
You have a partner who cares enough to stop you. Do you love each other? Do you have a good relationship? If I had that it would be enough to stop me.

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
You have a partner who cares enough to stop you. Do you love each other? Do you have a good relationship? If I had that it would be enough to stop me.
Yes. I'm married. I love him which is why I want to CTB because I am sick of making people have to put up with my mental health problems. They don't deserve it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 25174
Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
I totally understand your reasons. But I think the big point are the mental health problems. Am I right?

Reactions: Emily_Numb
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I totally understand your reasons. But I think the big point are the mental health problems. Am I right?
Exactly. I have a good life on paper. But I can't live with all these mental issues anymore. It's too hard

• Hugs
Reactions: LADY007 and Lady black
Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
But maybe for the next time. If you don't want to shock your husband hang yourself not at home

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I wish people understood it's a horrible idea to save people from hanging or drowning. Unless they know for a fact it's been a very short time they are selfishly risking brain damage, and should just let the person die.

Im so sorry to hear you we interrupted. It' frustrating and invasive people feel a need to make the choice of life and death for others, and the aftermath of how they treat the people they "save" is awkward and uncomfortable.

If you still want to CTB lay low for a while, so they leave you alone about it.

• Love
Reactions: Wrennie, Emily_Numb and Lady black
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I wish people understood it's a horrible idea to save people from hanging or drowning. Unless they know for a fact it's been a very short time they are selfishly risking brain damage, and should just let the person die.

Im so sorry to hear you we interrupted. It' frustrating and invasive people feel a need to make the choice of life and death for others, and the aftermath of how they treat the people they "save" is awkward and uncomfortable.

If you still want to CTB lay low for a while, so they leave you alone about it.

Thank you so much. I was so stupid to even attempt while he was in the house. I was just in such a state. This is what happens when you don't follow a plan I guess.

L

littlecat

Jan 8, 2021
i am sick too and lay in bed all Day and suffer every second more than the second before. my partner dont like help me (he does it but he dont like) and i dont like see how I block his life and in wich state my "life" is. I dont know how I can ctb. maybe it is possible with a dog leash but I do not know wehre i could hang without be found.
my dog leash is this: do you think that could be work for partial? which knot i should make and where the knot should be positioned?

Attachments

• 1274172_l_1.jpg
    1274172_l_1.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 9
B

Bigpink

Warlock
Oct 12, 2020
It must be hard being here knowing you were that close. So sorry you're in such distress. Living is hard, I would gladly go right now if I could

L

littlecat

Jan 8, 2021
i think ctb i never the best choice...I think my feelings to want to live will always be more great, dont matter how big my suffer is . the little whisper in my heart says there is more than we can see and to leave this life wont end the pain. ..