savoytruffle

savoytruffle

Student
Mar 31, 2022
i used a different belt that wasn't as elastic but it was very flat and the edges hurt my throat, tied it around my doorknob. that awful pressure in my head happened again and I just couldn't pass out but my arms started spasming and I got scared and ripped it off. i can't take it anymore i can't

• Hugs
Reactions: the_path_of_sorrows, Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Sorry you went through that : it's a dreadful experience.
I failed partial twice in the past and it was mainly because it felt like my head was going to explode.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I find it horrible how trying to die can just go wrong, it's cruel to me how we cannot have the option to just die in peace, I hate how existence doesn't come with an permanent off switch. But anyway best wishes.

Reactions: silentnights56
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Did you feel lightheaded, spotty vision and ringing ears? I'm really struggling to hit the carotid artery with thumbs even though I can feel a pulse.
Definitely lightheaded, dizzy and an enormous pressure in the head.
I have severe tinnitus, so am not sure if this caused ringing ear symptoms because my ears are always ringing anyway.
A lot of people have trouble locating the carotid artery.
I must have found it OK because I very nearly blacked out.
I remember one person on the forum saying that placing the rope as low as possible round the neck and leaning back sometimes helps.

FRUSTRATED MIND

FRUSTRATED MIND

Student
Oct 2, 2023
i used a different belt that wasn't as elastic but it was very flat and the edges hurt my throat, tied it around my doorknob. that awful pressure in my head happened again and I just couldn't pass out but my arms started spasming and I got scared and ripped it off. i can't take it anymore i can't
You didn't find the right spot, I believe this was the reason you failed in your attempt.

WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Yes I remember seeing this and always wondered if it'd just make you choke by compressing the trachea.
I too have mild-moderate tinnitus but I'd presume doing this would just make it louder if you were doing it right.
Yes, partial is tricky. I've heard that some problems are caused by a person's anatomy, ie some people have thicker neck muscles than others. If I was ever going to try hanging again I would go for full suspension, or to be 100% successful go the whole hog and go for long drop hanging which would be a very quick and guaranteed death.

WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
The problem with that as I see I though is that if you can't get the carotid artery because you're positioning the rope slightly off or the rope angle is wrong then you could be hanging painfully for hours and then rescued or at least that's just one reason I'd worry about that and thereafter you'll have probably damaged your throat. Ok maybe not for long drop but many of us for a variety of reasons would struggle with that.
True.
This is why I've ditched any form of hanging.
I think carbon monoxide is going to be my main method.