hoppybunny

hoppybunny

Fearer of the Future
Jun 26, 2024
Hello, so I'm trying to get a job so I can start being independent but I don't want an in person job because I really hate driving and honestly I share a car with my family but having the car for any amount of time makes me nauseous cause I feel like I'm taking it away from someone else.

I would also like a part time job since I go to school.

But I don't know what to look for to find said jobs. I've only seen customer service, or "data entry" but data entry jobs are always scams and I honestly don't want to do customer service but I may consider it at some point if they let me work very flexible hours.

I'm sorry if I sound super picky, it's just that I'm a shut in and paranoid so I can't really do things that "inconvenience " other people cause it makes me anxious. I transfered colleges to a super cheap one because my grades were so bad and my parents were paying for tuition so I felt like killing myself on the daily cause my brain convinced me I was a money sucking parasite.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, LoiteringClouds, wCvML2 and 1 other person
SnowWhite

SnowWhite

Semi-Professional Disappointment
Jan 16, 2020
Honestly customer service is going to be the best bet, but you'll have to comb through a lot of jobs to find a reasonable one with flexible part time hours.

My Advice would be looking for places that pride themselves in being accessabile to the disabled as they are more likely to offer flexible hours and make adjustments. If you live in a country that has a scheme for it you may even be able to search for jobs under that scheme , you may be able to search through jobs that qualify for that scheme, for example in the UK it's called "Disability Confident Employers", you don't have to be disabled to get those jobs it's simply a good indicator that they are willing to make adjustments

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, hoppybunny and wCvML2
Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Thre mght b txt-basd custmr servce lke Amazn lve-cht

Stll custmr servce bt nt havng t/ tlk t/ custmrs on th/ phne

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, hoppybunny and wCvML2
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
Hello, so I'm trying to get a job so I can start being independent but I don't want an in person job because I really hate driving and honestly I share a car with my family but having the car for any amount of time makes me nauseous cause I feel like I'm taking it away from someone else.

I would also like a part time job since I go to school.

But I don't know what to look for to find said jobs. I've only seen customer service, or "data entry" but data entry jobs are always scams and I honestly don't want to do customer service but I may consider it at some point if they let me work very flexible hours.

I'm sorry if I sound super picky, it's just that I'm a shut in and paranoid so I can't really do things that "inconvenience " other people cause it makes me anxious. I transfered colleges to a super cheap one because my grades were so bad and my parents were paying for tuition so I felt like killing myself on the daily cause my brain convinced me I was a money sucking parasite.
I'm really sorry to hear about your situation, hoppy bunny~ :( I really hope you can find a job too! :D I have been unsuccessful so far myself unfortunately~ :( and as you probably agree with me, driving sucks lots! :(
and also, I wouldn't blame yourself for the college stuff~ If anything is a money-sucking parasite~ It's colleges~ :( altho, I do hope you're able to raise your grades at the new college you're at! :D

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, LoiteringClouds, hoppybunny and 1 other person
hoppybunny

hoppybunny

Fearer of the Future
Jun 26, 2024
Honestly customer service is going to be the best bet, but you'll have to comb through a lot of jobs to find a reasonable one with flexible part time hours.

My Advice would be looking for places that pride themselves in being accessabile to the disabled as they are more likely to offer flexible hours and make adjustments. If you live in a country that has a scheme for it you may even be able to search for jobs under that scheme , you may be able to search through jobs that qualify for that scheme, for example in the UK it's called "Disability Confident Employers", you don't have to be disabled to get those jobs it's simply a good indicator that they are willing to make adjustments
Thank you so much for the advice.
Thre mght b txt-basd custmr servce lke Amazn lve-cht

Stll custmr servce bt nt havng t/ tlk t/ custmrs on th/ phne
I will definitely look into that. Thank you
I'm really sorry to hear about your situation, hoppy bunny~ :( I really hope you can find a job too! :D I have been unsuccessful so far myself unfortunately~ :( and as you probably agree with me, driving sucks lots! :(
and also, I wouldn't blame yourself for the college stuff~ If anything is a money-sucking parasite~ It's colleges~ :( altho, I do hope you're able to raise your grades at the new college you're at! :D
Thank you very much for your kind words. I hope your job search is successfull as well. My new college is less competitive so I think I should be fine. Commuting is gonna be my main issue since it's an hour away. Basically I drive 20 minutes to a park and ride then take a 1 hour bus. I honestly should've picked an online school at this point lol. But I picked that school cause my sister went there. I only have to do 3 semesters and I'll graduate so 6 months of.that commute then I'll be free. I'll also skip my graduation too cause I'm tired of college.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and EternalShore
EternalShore

EternalShore

Jun 9, 2023
Thank you very much for your kind words. I hope your job search is successfull as well. My new college is less competitive so I think I should be fine. Commuting is gonna be my main issue since it's an hour away. Basically I drive 20 minutes to a park and ride then take a 1 hour bus. I honestly should've picked an online school at this point lol. But I picked that school cause my sister went there. I only have to do 3 semesters and I'll graduate so 6 months of.that commute then I'll be free. I'll also skip my graduation too cause I'm tired of college.
Sounds great! :D also, an hour bus ride doesn't sound too bad~ driving is the worst ngl~ but on the bus, you can just do homework and other stuff like studying, reading and texting people [if you have anyone >_<] :) so hopefully, you'll never have to actually do any of that homework/studying at home! :D anyways, getting to he out in 3 semesters for certain sounds nice~ :) hopefully, your job doesn't basically force you to go back! >_<

Reactions: hoppybunny and Praestat_Mori
hoppybunny

hoppybunny

Fearer of the Future
Jun 26, 2024
Sounds great! :D also, an hour bus ride doesn't sound too bad~ driving is the worst ngl~ but on the bus, you can just do homework and other stuff like studying, reading and texting people [if you have anyone >_<] :) so hopefully, you'll never have to actually do any of that homework/studying at home! :D anyways, getting to he out in 3 semesters for certain sounds nice~ :) hopefully, your job doesn't basically force you to go back! >_<
The ride itself isn't the issue honesty. Just like having to drive.there and then take the bus and then the bus cost 15 dollars a day. It's just annoying.

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
EternalShore

EternalShore

Jun 9, 2023
The ride itself isn't the issue honesty. Just like having to drive.there and then take the bus and then the bus cost 15 dollars a day. It's just annoying.
oh... yeah... That sounds awful! :((( as if the tuition wasn't already enough! >_<

Reactions: hoppybunny