• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Here are the news articles, one on Yahoo and the other one on USAToday reporting about a mass shooting survivor committing suicide.

To start things off, it is indeed a tragedy and condolences to the family as well as her peers and the people who know her. The gripe that I have is the fact that news media further stigmatizes mental health issues and of course, the usual tactic, oh let's ask someone who is truly suicidal if they are suicidal (if they have a method, if they have plans, if they have a date and time), because that'll get them to open up and we can get him/her help! Yay, we feel good about saving someone and making their lives worse, but it doesn't matter as long as they are alive! reeee. /s

(Hint: Help is basically locking said person up against his/her will in a psych ward, force treatment and drugs on said person, then after some time, when said person is released, the person is then saddled with medical bills and debt, then has a mark/stain on his/her record. Also, said person's life is ruined as a result of such intervention, financially, career-wise, educational, social life, and more.). Ugh, this is not the way to approach this issue and if anything, it's no surprise that said person didn't open up for the fear of ALL this bullshit happening. Then people act fucking surprised that she died. No shit sherlock, who the hell would open up and get fucked over like that? Certainly not someone genuinely suicidal. To be fair, maybe she didn't want to die, but nobody except her knows for sure.

Oh and finally, to add more insult to injury, they pasted the usual suicide prevention information at the end of both articles. Disgusting (but I guess it's the obligatory procedure of news reporting...)

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Amber1974, neveranyhope and 7 others
J

jules18

Mar 1, 2019
Kind of annoying they didn't say what method she used.

Yeah, I mean there are few cultures on earth that have a positive of view on suicide. I believe in Greece, Rome and other ancient cultures they had a more positive view on it. Suicide was deemed permissible and dignified if you had good reasons for it. But these cultures had more philosophical integrity and moral fiber than modern bankrupt culture. That is to say dignity and honor were things that were taken extremely seriously. Today I believe the Dutch are the most progressive when it comes to being open-minded about euthanasia.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, oneirogen, Jen Erik and 1 other person
letmeseethedeath

letmeseethedeath

catching the bus
Aug 4, 2018

Yeah, I mean there are few cultures on earth that have a positive of view on suicide. I believe in Greece, Rome and other ancient cultures they had a more positive view on it. Suicide was deemed permissible and dignified if you had good reasons for it. But these cultures had more philosophical integrity and moral fiber than modern bankrupt culture. That is to say dignity and honor were things that were taken extremely seriously. Today I believe the Dutch are the most progressive when it comes to being open-minded about euthanasia.
i live near rome, and no, they see suicidal people like cowards

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
Here are the news articles, one on Yahoo and the other one on USAToday reporting about a mass shooting survivor committing suicide.

To start things off, it is indeed a tragedy and condolences to the family as well as her peers and the people who know her. The gripe that I have is the fact that news media further stigmatizes mental health issues and of course, the usual tactic, oh let's ask someone who is truly suicidal if they are suicidal (if they have a method, if they have plans, if they have a date and time), because that'll get them to open up and we can get him/her help! Yay, we feel good about saving someone and making their lives worse, but it doesn't matter as long as they are alive! reeee. /s

(Hint: Help is basically locking said person up against his/her will in a psych ward, force treatment and drugs on said person, then after some time, when said person is released, the person is then saddled with medical bills and debt, then has a mark/stain on his/her record. Also, said person's life is ruined as a result of such intervention, financially, career-wise, educational, social life, and more.). Ugh, this is not the way to approach this issue and if anything, it's no surprise that said person didn't open up for the fear of ALL this bullshit happening. Then people act fucking surprised that she died. No shit sherlock, who the hell would open up and get fucked over like that? Certainly not someone genuinely suicidal. To be fair, maybe she didn't want to die, but nobody except her knows for sure.

Oh and finally, to add more insult to injury, they pasted the usual suicide prevention information at the end of both articles. Disgusting (but I guess it's the obligatory procedure of news reporting...)

Nicely put. Unfortunately it's all true. The media and the press have long since succumbed to the myth of mental illness and suicide prevention so they cast aside their role of objective coverage of facts and correct explanations for events and act as a propaganda machine for the state and psychiatry.

Nothing new there sadly.
i live near rome, and no, they see suicidal people like cowards

I'm pretty sure the OP meant ancient Rome.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, dysfunctional, CornerE and 3 others
Pulpit2018

Pulpit2018

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
I believe in Greece, Rome and other ancient cultures they had a more positive view on it. Suicide was deemed permissible and dignified if you had good reasons for it. But these cultures had more philosophical integrity and moral fiber than modern bankrupt culture. That is to say dignity and honor were things that were taken extremely seriously.

You hit the nail on the head with this one.And its why the current situation sucks so much.Modern culture has lots its way.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and NoOneKnows
PeacePlease

PeacePlease

A wandering body without a heart
Feb 26, 2019
Hint: Help is basically locking said person up against his/her will in a psych ward, force treatment and drugs on said person, then after some time, when said person is released, the person is then saddled with medical bills and debt, then has a mark/stain on his/her record. Also, said person's life is ruined as a result of such intervention, financially, career-wise, educational, social life, and more.).

Not to mention that psychiatric drugs fry your brain contrary to what big pharma says and cause horrible withdrawal symptoms wich might take years to recover from. And that if you do fully recover. So you basically end up worse

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Pentobartbital, CornerE and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
@jules18 It seems to be the case with a lot of news articles regarding suicides, they probably don't want others to know the method for fear of copycat suicides or giving others' ideas. It is censorship and it's sad. As far as the Dutch on euthanasia, I believe you are right, they are by far the most advanced and progressive in that area. I just wished more of the world would catch up to their model, this way, it would pave the road to a more humane, compassionate society.

@Jean Améry Yes, I think you are right in ancient cultures, suicide is seen as an valid option, even as an honorable way out (death before shame, guilt, dishonor, etc.). Also, in ancient East Asian culture, particularly the Japanese in feudal times, suicide is seen as honorable and better to die dignified, honorably than to live with shame.

@PeacePlease Yes, big pharma is an evil capitalistic money making machine and while I'm not on those drugs, I don't plan to get on those drugs at all. I'd rather not fuck up my body and mind when my life is already fucked up in many ways.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, CornerE and NoOneKnows
PeacePlease

PeacePlease

A wandering body without a heart
Feb 26, 2019
@thrw_a_way1221221 yes, dont ever do it. My brain is damaged because of that. Depression is bad but the e effects of those drugs are worse

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, TAW122 and CornerE
CornerE

CornerE

Needs a savior
Mar 12, 2019

Exactly , you start to attempt suicide with some life issues that may be solvable .
Then as soon as they get the hold of you Baaam you're over , you're doomed for sure .

they manage to fuck your life up even harder , add up more troubles than you already had , getting in the way of solving your problems with every thing they could .

Addressing your problems is not an option , you have to cope with it / "adjust" to it .

and we have to open up for new troubles they specially made for us ; it's a mix of psychiatric, mental, social , financial , career related and physical burdens physical issues from all that toxic medications that does nothing but fucking up your body inside out .

They enjoy seeing all that eating you alive while it serves their best interests , not just for the fun of it .

I just can't decide who is the sick / mental /psycho here , certainly not their "patients".

They burden you up with more and more reasons to end your life ASAP .. and WE are supposed to be the irrational mentals here .

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, ithappens and TAW122
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
@CornerE This is precisely why I have so much resentment for the industry and field itself. I get that these people pursue those careers with the intent of 'helping' people and thinking that they are noble saints, but that is far from the truth. If anything, I believe there must be an serious overhaul of how they approach suicidal people, because nobody truly suicidal would ever want to get 'help' especially when they know what will happen when they open up.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, ithappens and CornerE
YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
The grand media doesn't quote the suicide method as an press guideline in general. Supposedly, that could prevent some copycat suicides, specially if they disclose the method of some celebrity who kills theirself. And some pro-life activists makes some annoying complaints on the media who discloses the suicide method and ask for their removal of site. That's the reason of not mentioning the method.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and jules18
Moms_Spaghetti

Moms_Spaghetti

Dec 25, 2018

She shot herself. Kind of ironic being that they were all campaigning to get firearms banned

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap and FTL.Wanderer
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
She shot herself. Kind of ironic being that they were all campaigning to get firearms banned lol.
The first victim or the second victim? I didn't find any information about which methods either of them used.

Moms_Spaghetti

Moms_Spaghetti

Dec 25, 2018
The first victim or the second victim? I didn't find any information about which methods either of them used.
Damn, sorry it was only the first victim that shot themselves. I read the wrong article. We might find out in a week or so.

N

neveranyhope

Mar 27, 2019

I wouldn't say ancient cultures had more philosophical integrity and moral fiber than modern bankrupt culture. And it was still a negative thing in ancient Greece and Rome, some viewed it as acceptable in certain circumstances to redeem yourself to society (similar to how that French guy committed suicide after he learned he'd lost a lot of people's money investing with Madoff) - but in other circumstances, as today, I don't think it was widely viewed as no big deal.

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
She shot herself. Kind of ironic being that they were all campaigning to get firearms banned

Typical. Suicide is an unpardonable sin (or sign of obvious mental illness) UNTIL the speaker's life is so bad they decide ... to commit suicide.

J

jules18

Mar 1, 2019
I wouldn't say ancient cultures had more philosophical integrity and moral fiber than modern bankrupt culture. And it was still a negative thing in ancient Greece and Rome, some viewed it as acceptable in certain circumstances to redeem yourself to society (similar to how that French guy committed suicide after he learned he'd lost a lot of people's money investing with Madoff) - but in other circumstances, as today, I don't think it was widely viewed as no big deal.

A government that puts you in psych wards and pumps you full of drugs versus one that lets you petition them for what is in effect a sanctioned suicide is a night and day difference when it comes to moral fiber.