aforestfire

aforestfire

"for truly, i am no longer a part of the world."
Dec 17, 2022
my symptoms of mental illness got way worse this year, and by that i mean the ones i can't hide; i don't take care of myself anymore, and i mostly don't get out of the bed nor go outside. my mom says that i wasn't always like that, that i used to be happier or whatever, when actually i'm unhappy since the day i started having memories; i've been presenting "problematic behaviors" since i was a child, and it all got ignored. it's so invalidating, like i turned out like that in one week for no reason.

i tried reaching out for help so many times when i was a pre-teen, she just brushed it off and eventually forgot. the only thing my mom talks about is god and how much i'll suffer in hell if i choose suicide.

i'm tired of wanting to get better, i'm tired of so many things, how you're supposed to live when you're scared of everything? trying feels useless when i have no one to help me with it, and i'm the most low-fuctioning human ever, i couldn't move to save my own life. the only sane thing i could do for myself is just end with it already, which i'm working on. i'm worn out, each day i stay here i get more convinced that i was supposed have died when i was 7, then wouldn't have to deal with any of this.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: 0000000000000, ryo the frog, Forever Sleep and 8 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Most parents enjoy the youngest years of a child's life (aside from the sleep deprivation) since they actually do know better and play a God-like role as creator, decision-maker and wise master.

In adult years, they may feign authority even when their ineptitude and its consequences have run their course. It can feel maddening when the pattern of being spoken to as a child is cemented, even when the parent is now the one with less situational awareness.

I can't comment further on the situation without more details. Her talking about God is not automatically grounds to allege religious child abuse. But it sounds like a lot of help has been denied over a long time, and the right people for the job have not been called upon.

Last edited:
Reactions: ryo the frog, LastFlowers, Forever Sleep and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It must be so tiring and awful being in that situation and having to put up with someone like that who just invalidates what you go through. I also wish that I died at a much younger age as it would have prevented so much unnecessary suffering, I hate how I've managed to exist for this long and it's so dreadful to me how what we experience just gets worse as time goes on. Existing in this world is what the true hell is. But I hope that you find the freedom that you wish for.

• Love
Reactions: ryo the frog, LastFlowers, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I literally relate to this so much. I begin to feel so angry and powerless when I am invalidated by talk of god, positivity, and "The light." It makes me want to get worse just out of spite when people seemingly go out of their way to invalidate how I struggle. I feel like this is why I've become so repulsed by positivity. Fuck when people choose to see love and grace in another person's situation of horror.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: ryo the frog, LastFlowers, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
nomotels1443

nomotels1443

me and the birds
Dec 19, 2022
i feel you so hard. i'm trans and i've had horrible dysphoria ever since i was an elementary schooler and my parents insisted that "i was always a happy child who didn't show any signs." i only hid it because i was scared. fast forward to high school i'm begging for medical intervention and i still get met with the same thing. i still vivdly remember my dad telling me: "we are your parents we know you better than you." I have been miserable because of my parents' ignorance for over 10 years of my life. it took them 3 years to get me therapy, but even then they continued to be dodgy and didn't seem like they truly wanted to help me.
so yeah. parents think they know us so well when there's a whole another side of us that we refuse to show them because we know what backlash we will face.

edit: also love your picture and banner, i love that movie

• Love
Reactions: ryo the frog, LastFlowers and aforestfire
byebyered

byebyered

sunshine ☀️
Mar 9, 2022
I relate to this entire post OP. My mom is literally driving me crazy. She invalidates me too. I tried talking to her about my problems when I was teen , they were also brushed off to the side, she didn't care, now it's "wHy aRe YoU AcTiNg LiKe ThIs AlL oFf A sUdDeN" it's too late now . I'm too tired to want to get help. I don't even care anymore. I can't function in life at this point , I'm too far gone. Everytime we argue & she talks down on me or make me feel like a disappointment I just think about the SN in my closet (:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: aforestfire and LastFlowers