N

nooo2

Jan 22, 2019
Today I realized that my parents have been hiding anxiety medication that I was prescribed too a long time ago. I was walking through the kitchen to get our box that has tons of pills in it, I was looking for zzzquil. I stumbled up upon 4 VERY OLD pills that had my name under them and different stuff that I googled and it turns out that it's anxiety medication. My dentist and my therapist both prescribed me for this stuff. I never fucking knew this at all, and if I did I wouldn't be in the state that I am now, I'm furious and I want to lash out so bad, and now I don't even feel bad that they'll find my dead body at the end of this year, THEY BOTH will be getting blamed in my note when I leave them, I was going to blame them anyway, because they're both garbage parents (good caregivers though). I've had to sit through TONS of dentists appointments, shaking uncontrollably of fear and anxiety and even ended up fainting when I was 9 because of how overwhelmed I was with anxiety when I could have been on pills to relax me, I remember my dentist specifically telling my mom to make sure I take one of those pills before coming to the appointment, and my mom would always tell me that I didn't need them and it was fine. She even told me as of recently that I don't need anti-depressants or any medication to help my mental health, and that she believes I can do it all myself, and that she doesn't want me to go on pills so I won't be a mindless zombie. I could have stayed in school if it wasn't because of this, I could actually socialize with human beings if it wasn't because of this. I could have an actual education and fit in this garbage society if it wasn't because of this. Maybe I'm overreacting because what if the pills didn't even work in the first place, guess I'll never fucking know now.

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Slate128, Baskol1, Ermac and 2 others
Futility

Futility

Student
Aug 13, 2019
I didn't know whether to use the angry face or the hug because that's absolutely horrible of them to do to you!!
I'm so sorry they did this.

Now I'm thinking about it, I'm pretty sure it's illegal to steal and hide medications from a patient?

Last edited:
Reactions: Baskol1, Notcutoutforlife, nooo2 and 2 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
They could have at least let you try them to see if they worked. :angry:

Reactions: nooo2, Ermac and Futility
W

who doesn't matter

Student
Jun 17, 2019
What can I say, that's some fabulous parenting exercise. ( Sarcasm included)

Reactions: nooo2, Ermac and not-2-b-the-answer
Ermac

Ermac

Aug 20, 2019
That is so rage inducing. They ignored the advice of actual professionals because of some stupid "just pull yourself up by the bootstraps" backwards mentality...

Reactions: Notcutoutforlife, nooo2, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
N

nooo2

Jan 22, 2019
Exactly, I think this is the final push I needed, I've been debating over the past 2 weeks whether or not to go to a therapist because they're finally setting me up with one, but at this point I really don't care and I've already set my mind on taking SN since the beginning of this year.

• Hugs
Reactions: Futility and not-2-b-the-answer
W

who doesn't matter

Student
Jun 17, 2019
Honestly, I am not really angry at this. I have literally grown up with these all-knowing folks, who practically can't figure out the simplest of things.

Reactions: nooo2, Futility and not-2-b-the-answer
thrwaway99

thrwaway99

Student
Mar 24, 2019
My advice: don't dwell in the past. Instead, try anxiety medications now.

Like Lao Tzu said, "If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present."

Reactions: nooo2, not-2-b-the-answer and Lookingforabus
N

nooo2

Jan 22, 2019
Honestly, I am not really angry at this. I have literally grown up with these all-knowing folks, who practically can't figure out the simplest of things.

I have grew up with them too, completely oblivious ignorant parents. You'd think after your 8- year- old child walks home from school because he was too afraid to simply walk in his classroom and sit down, you would want to maybe try and put him on something, maybe not though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tabbyql, Futility and not-2-b-the-answer
W

who doesn't matter

Student
Jun 17, 2019
I have grew up with them too, completely oblivious ignorant parents. You'd think after your 8- year- old child walks home from school because he was too afraid to simply walk in his classroom and sit down, you would want to maybe try and put him on something, maybe not though.
Had we been so lucky, this forum wouldn't exist, but as the fate would have it, here we are

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and nooo2
N

nooo2

Jan 22, 2019
My advice: don't dwell in the past. Instead, try anxiety medications now.

Like Lao Tzu said, "If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present."

I could but even if I do manage to cure my depression and improve my ability to calm my anxiety down. There's still so much shit I have to endure in life and they would both probably end up returning anyway. Not to mention my parents are over in their 50's and I doubt they'll even live long considering how obese and unhealthy they are. And my life revolves around them, if they go I'll be fucked and I would not be able to function in life without them. And in my situation I'll have to stay with them until I'm at least in my mid 20's. And there is no fucking way I'm making it to 19 with state I'm in.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
thrwaway99

thrwaway99

Student
Mar 24, 2019
Breath is probably the key. Breathe out your worries, anxieties and stress. Exhalations (long drawn out ones esp.) trigger the parasympathetic nervous system i.e. rest/recuperation that'll make your brain tell your system there is no alert which is what you want. For thousands of years people have relaxed using the breath. Making exhalations longer than inhalations or something to that effect is the yogi way to body relaxation or so I remember learning off of a yoga video lol. Breathing like the ocean rhythmically 4-4 works as well. It's a funny thing but avoiding uppers like caffeine can help.

Reactions: nooo2
CURSED again

CURSED again

please help
Aug 15, 2019
thats terrible situation - everything is so complicated these days - your young so maybe the pills will be good for you and you can have minimal side effects BUT here i am at this age and i was forced to take some well known pills ssri's etc & they are bad with terrible side effects. Some people dont have problems with them BUT alot of people do - so any meds you are prescribed do alot of research regarding side effects etc and then weigh the pros and cons - doctors will give you anything the drug companies push at them - they dont even discuss the side effects (it should be illegal) - we the patient have to do all the homework - there are now even consumer reports type publications regarding bad pill side effects and rxisk.org

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Why did they do this? This makes absolutely no sense, maybe theyre sadistic?

W

who doesn't matter

Student
Jun 17, 2019
Well
Why did they do this? This makes absolutely no sense, maybe theyre sadistic?
Well, you know top-tier parenting measures that involves using your empty head to destroy the life of your children. Something along those lines, imo, these kind of parents wants an easy escape from responsibility by throwing everything at their very own children and then blaming them for their inevitable failure to cope up with the "reality".

Reactions: Baskol1
Slate128

Slate128

May 5, 2019
Then you can ctb with no regrets. I hope they hurt bad.

Reactions: Baskol1