Predestinated

Predestinated

Student
Jan 9, 2019
I need your creativity! What can I say to my parents if they see the giant gas bottle I will order and start asking questions?

Last edited:
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Something like:

"It's for a school/college experiment?"

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
i graduated

Well, you could also say it's for an experiment of a friend of yours but they might as WHO...
If I think of a better option I'll let you know.
This is a hard one!

Reactions: Predestinated
Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
If it is helium, so a surprise for a friend with balloons (simple but why not...) for a birthday, for a baby, for new job, etc...
Or for a photo session with lots of balloons...

If nitrogen it is different... It is used for preserving foods...

fedupsoul

fedupsoul

Confused
Jan 19, 2021
If nitrogen tell them you're trying to make foamy coffee

lucacaro

lucacaro

Star
Dec 17, 2020
I'm not sure what kind of containers these come in... but if it's not marked and you get nitrogen you could claim it's helium anyways and use the excuse Jarni suggested?

Spiral

Spiral

Experienced
Jan 22, 2021
The containers for gas are usually pretty big and are very heavy. If you have ever seen a beer cellar in a pub or restaurant, those tall thin metal canisters that are hooked up to the beer lines are the standard containers for gasses. Don't try to buy beer gas for this purpose though, the nitrogen for beer cellars is mixed with Co2 so very bad for an exit bag. A sudden interest in home brewing is a pretty good excuse to have a gas canister though

Reactions: Deleted member 1768 and Predestinated
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Tell them to mind their own business?

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mentalmick, lucacaro and fedupsoul
Predestinated

Predestinated

Student
Jan 9, 2019
Tell them to mind their own business?
i wish it could work, but telling parents to mind their own business will never work unfortunately
I'm not sure what kind of containers these come in... but if it's not marked and you get nitrogen you could claim it's helium anyways and use the excuse Jarni suggested?
okay thats a great idea actually

D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
The containers for gas are usually pretty big and are very heavy. If you have ever seen a beer cellar in a pub or restaurant, those tall thin metal canisters that are hooked up to the beer lines are the standard containers for gasses. Don't try to buy beer gas for this purpose though, the nitrogen for beer cellars is mixed with Co2 so very bad for an exit bag. A sudden interest in home brewing is a pretty good excuse to have a gas canister though
They are not big, and I can lift either up with one hand when they are full. I am a little person with permanent damage to my chest and if they were heavy there is no way I could carry them. Please do your own research. Suicide is final...there is no coming back from it, and if anyone truly wants to end their own breathing they WILL research completely before using a method.

Spiral

Spiral

Experienced
Jan 22, 2021
The standard UK gas cylinder is around 35kg (heavy imo) if you want to have enough gas to complete the job using only one cylinder. Of course, everyone will do their own research but my description is accurate of a beer gas/welding gas cylinder. Please do not imply that I am giving false information. https://www.gas-uk.co.uk/nitrogen-ofn-20-litre.html you can see an image and weight here at this link.
It is important to consider the weight before deciding on this method, some people may be planning to travel a distance to exit in nature or whatever they want. just trying to provide info so nobody has to lug a big old canister up a hill.

Last edited:
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
Great idea! Just purchase a large enough sticker with the word "Helium" on it to cover the word "Nitrogen" on the cylinder.

Reactions: Makko and Spiral
lucacaro

lucacaro

Star
Dec 17, 2020
Great idea! Just purchase a large enough sticker with the word "Helium" on it to cover the word "Nitrogen" on the cylinder.
lmaooo that sounds so cartoonish

• Love
Reactions: Makko, Greenberg and fedupsoul
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
The standard UK gas cylinder is around 35kg (heavy imo) if you want to have enough gas to complete the job using only one cylinder. Of course, everyone will do their own research but my description is accurate of a beer gas/welding gas cylinder. Please do not imply that I am giving false information. https://www.gas-uk.co.uk/nitrogen-ofn-20-litre.html you can see an image and weight here at this link.
It is important to consider the weight before deciding on this method, some people may be planning to travel a distance to exit in nature or whatever they want. just trying to provide info so nobody has to lug a big old canister up a hill.
Sorry Spiral that certainly was not my intent. I think I am mixing up the posts again. I have to get off the site ;til my eyes cooperate again. Shoot...no pun intended...I just get so frustrated with my vision. It is not until someone tells me that I can be certain I have done something wrong, and on this site I could easily lead someone astray. Well...thank you for letting me kow. Signing off before I cause serious damage. Thank you Spiral.

• Love
Reactions: Greenberg
Spiral

Spiral

Experienced
Jan 22, 2021
Sorry Spiral that certainly was not my intent. I think I am mixing up the posts again. I have to get off the site ;til my eyes cooperate again. Shoot...no pun intended...I just get so frustrated with my vision. It is not until someone tells me that I can be certain I have done something wrong, and on this site I could easily lead someone astray. Well...thank you for letting me kow. Signing off before I cause serious damage. Thank you Spiral.
Not to worry, no harm done. I just realised I sounded a bit grumpier than I intended there so sorry for that. Just didn't want to get a rep for giving bad info when I'm still such a newbie.
Sorry to hear your eyes are troubling you and don't worry you haven't done anything wrong at all x

• Love
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
Not to worry, no harm done. I just realised I sounded a bit grumpier than I intended there so sorry for that. Just didn't want to get a rep for giving bad info when I'm still such a newbie.
Sorry to hear your eyes are troubling you and don't worry you haven't done anything wrong at all x
Thank you Spiral. I am actually slowly going blind, and I often create havoc where none is intended. I really appreciate your honesty. That is an attribute I admire greatly. If you had not said anything I would not have been aware. Believe me...you have my utmost, sincere thanks.

• Love