Efilismislife

Efilismislife

Psychopath family tortured me
May 25, 2021
Was just wondering

Were other people parents act differently on public/when theres an outsiders vs at home when no outsiders?

(Such as acting like an angel on public but satan inside the house when no outsiders)

So people will see it differently from what it truly is

Last edited:
Reactions: š–£“ nadia š–£“ and Smart No More
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Absolutely. I experienced this like crazy. So frustrating and infuriating. I think I learned a lot from witnessing it (like an example of what not to do) but it really makes me mad because it shows that image was more important to them than their children. Just plain selfish and self involved. It's a real bone of contention I have and resulted in me hating people who aren't honest with themselves. I hold people to account all the time. Myself included.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuicidŠµ, š–£“ nadia š–£“ and Efilismislife
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

May 25, 2021
It kind of traumatized me too

besides they said every family and everybody also like that

But im questioning that a lot tho cant really ask other people truthfully

and since im also a loner

Absolutely. I experienced this like crazy. So frustrating and infuriating. I think I learned a lot from witnessing but it really makes me mad because it shows that image is more important to them than their children. It's a real bone of contention I have and resulted in me hating people who aren't honest with themselves. I hokd people to account all the time. Myself included.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you šŸ•Æļø Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
they certainly didnt hit me in public :meh:

Reactions: Efilismislife
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

May 25, 2021
Absolutely. I experienced this like crazy. So frustrating and infuriating. I think I learned a lot from witnessing but it really makes me mad because it shows that image is more important to them than their children. It's a real bone of contention I have and resulted in me hating people who aren't honest with themselves. I hokd people to account all the time. Myself included.
Do they act like 180 degree differently or 50% ? Or only like a little different or occasionally only or most of the time
they certainly didnt hit me in public :meh:

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Do they act like 180 degree differently or 50% ? Or only like a little different or occasionally only or most of the time
Hard to say really. 70% maybe. Just very bothered about appearance and specific things. Also, like @Life_and_Death they didn't get violent in public. Would be undercover about threats of "when we get home". Lots of religious shit too.

Reactions: š–£“ nadia š–£“ and Efilismislife
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

May 25, 2021
yeah

in my place people indoctrinated by
"Youll go to hell if you dont obey your parents"

"Your parents is God image in the world"

"You have to listen and obey them"

"Breeding is a graceful and holy act"

etc etc

i mean its messed up when the parents abuse the child

Hard to say really. 70% maybe. Just very bothered about appearance and specific things. Also, like @Life_and_Death they didn't get violent in public. Would be undercover about threats of "when we get home". Lots of religious shit too.

Reactions: Smart No More
Alcoholic Teletubby

Alcoholic Teletubby

Rip in piss
Jan 10, 2022
If they want to criticize you, they can, but you can't respond in kind. -_-

Reactions: Sprite_Geist and Efilismislife
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
To be honest, when I was a child they treated me poorly both in public and in private. Well far worse in private, but still... i commend them for the consistency

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
If I ask one of my parents to respect my privacy or boundaries they will respond as if I am being unreasonable, and sometimes turn mildly angry. If somebody else (unrelated) tells them to do the same they will usually agree. If I ask them why they have changed their attitude they might respond by saying: "Well now I know" - as if I did not ask them in the first place.

This parent will routinely speak negatively of a person when they are not there - sometimes warranted and sometimes not - and then act friendly when they are present; I am expected to play along with this act. If I wish to disallow a person from my personal life I am only permitted to do so if said parent approves. If there is no approval then I am expected to let them befriend me, and play "happy families" in front of them and this parent. Note: I only try to disallow those who have intentionally harmed me in some way.

Are these 2 examples relevant?

Efilismislife

Efilismislife

May 25, 2021
This is a very strong indicator of narcissistic parenting.

Just found out about the term recently
If I ask one of my parents to respect my privacy or boundaries they will respond as if I am being unreasonable, and sometimes turn mildly angry. If somebody else (unrelated) tells them to do the same they will usually agree. If I ask them why they have changed their attitude they might respond by saying: "Well now I know" - as if I did not ask them in the first place.

This parent will routinely speak negatively of a person when they are not there - sometimes warranted and sometimes not - and then act friendly when they are present; I am expected to play along with this act. If I wish to disallow a person from my personal life I am only permitted to do so if said parent approves. If there is no approval then I am expected to let them befriend me, and play "happy families" in front of them and this parent. Note: I only try to disallow those who have intentionally harmed me in some way.

Are these 2 examples relevant?
Yeah relatable

especially the first one

Reactions: Sprite_Geist and Pluto