N

none_of_your_biz

Oct 8, 2023
Anyone got advice to sooth my constant paranoia? I feel so incredibly watched, especially at my own home, not so much when i sleep at a friend's place, i also found handprints on my window but that might just be my paranoid brain playing tricks. Im so terrefied, i can't do things i wouldn't do infront of other people because it feels like there is someone there. I can't just let loose and act embarrassing when im alone, because im afraid of someone seeing it, judging me

Reactions: hiddenbpd
cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
I'm sorry I don't have advice but I'm so sorry you're suffering so much, take care x

H

hiddenbpd

āœŒšŸ¼
Oct 19, 2022
Do you feel lonely at all? Sometimes the paranoia of being watched comes from our brain trying to comfort us because being watched by anyone is better than feeling or being completely alone (or so the brain thinks anyway). Just a thought.

G

Gleysson

Hey, you. You're finally awake
Oct 10, 2023
Hey!

How long have you been feeling like this? Do you use any meds? Do you do any drugs?

The best tip I can give you is count on your friends. The fact that you're more comfortable around them is a wonderful sign.

Whenever home alone, try and do things that take your mind off this and actively attract your attention. Music, movies, games, yt videos. I don't recommend staying on your phone because it brings quick info, low concentration and space for awareness. Occupy your mind with other things. Maybe do things that relax you. Cook, clean, play with pets.

Sometimes childhood trauma, such as, constant judgement and beratement by family and peers, can make you feel like you have to watch yourself all the time.

The onset of this symptom is important as well.

Try and do these things, and if you can, reach out to a psychiatrist. See what they have to say!

If you have further questions, PM me!

Reactions: HuskyD'hiver and secretsfromthecity
N

none_of_your_biz

Oct 8, 2023
Yeah i am pretty lonely, i see some friends of mine a few days a month, and even they are getting tired of me, so it's very likely
Do you feel lonely at all? Sometimes the paranoia of being watched comes from our brain trying to comfort us because being watched by anyone is better than feeling or being completely alone (or so the brain thinks anyway). Just a thought
Hey!

How long have you been feeling like this? Do you use any meds? Do you do any drugs?

The best tip I can give you is count on your friends. The fact that you're more comfortable around them is a wonderful sign.

Whenever home alone, try and do things that take your mind off this and actively attract your attention. Music, movies, games, yt videos. I don't recommend staying on your phone because it brings quick info, low concentration and space for awareness. Occupy your mind with other things. Maybe do things that relax you. Cook, clean, play with pets.

Sometimes childhood trauma, such as, constant judgement and beratement by family and peers, can make you feel like you have to watch yourself all the time.

The onset of this symptom is important as well.

Try and do these things, and if you can, reach out to a psychiatrist. See what they have to say!

If you have further questions, PM me!
I dont take any drugs, and medication only my birthday control, im trying to relay on my friends but im afraid of scaring them, as they suffer from a lot of paranoia aswell. The take about childhood trauma really fits so it could be a mixture of that and the loneliness another person mentioned

I will try the things you said, thank you so much for helping!

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I had very strong paranoia in the past. Especially during my psychoses. I can only highly recommend to talk to a psychiatrist. The only thing that really worked for me were antipsychotics. But also benzos helped a little bit but they are highly addictive and should only be a shortterm solution.

You have to get enough sleep which is difficult when you are paranoid. But this won't fix it.

I cannot give you an accurate diagnosis but it sounds like psychotic symptoms however only a professional can confirm that. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskyD'hiver