• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

drmihilo

drmihilo

desperate
Jul 30, 2022
How many paracetamol tablets does it take to kill yourself?

Reactions: insanovty, sserafim and dggtscccvfd
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
We had this question several times. You may use the search function. Forget this idea. It will not kill you but liver damage is possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boudika, Sweet Tart, dggtscccvfd and 1 other person
deadtrace

deadtrace

Aug 7, 2023
You'd vomit before taking enough to do this right? Also as befree said, liver damage, even if you succeeded somehow liver failure sounds far from peaceful and pleasant.

Reactions: Sweet Tart, dggtscccvfd and Praestat_Mori
NoLoveNoHope

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
Paracetamol (aka acetaminopren / tylenol)
Dosage: 15+ grammes, 20+ is better
Time: 10 hours fatal damage, but 2 weeks to actually die
Available: easy to get hold of
Certainty: fairly reliable
Notes: Once 10-12 hours is up, you've had it, but you still live for
a week or two after that. Probably better to wait 15 hours just to
make sure. Horrible side effects during this time (some of which are:
acute toxic hepatitis, renal failure, cerebral oedema, intra-abdominal
bleeding, aspiration pneumonia, haemophilia). Too small dose causes
severe liver damage. Accidental deaths are very common. There are few
if any side effects before the damage becomes fatal; occasionally
vomitting and nausea.
Source

• Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: Done_Surviving, bussy, Desuau and 3 others
T

taiberjames

Jun 9, 2023
vomitting and nausea.
Source
Very unlikley, paracetamol od have around 2% death rate

Reactions: dggtscccvfd and Praestat_Mori
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
There are many posts on here explaning that this isn't recommened for ctb, it will just lead to more suffering instead. Sadly suicide just isn't that straightforward, if paracetamol was an efficient ctb method which people could easily die from then it would soon be restricted as this society is very anti-suicide.

Reactions: SVEN, dggtscccvfd and Praestat_Mori
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Forget this. If you try to ctb with any painkillers it will most likely end in failure and permanent organ damage. Try to find another method which is suitable for you.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd and Praestat_Mori
Nelnaro

Nelnaro

Jul 16, 2023
I do not advise resorting to this method, at 12 I took about 60 tablets of paracetamol, after a few minutes I vomited, about 20 pieces came out, after which I vomited bile for several days, after which I lay in the intensive care unit of the hospital for a week under droppers. Now I have liver problems.

• Hugs
Reactions: dggtscccvfd, SVEN and Praestat_Mori
Kera

Kera

Experienced
Jul 16, 2023
In adults, ingestion of 10g of acetaminophen is hepatotoxic; in patients in poor nutritional status, much smaller amounts may be sufficient.
This can lead to liver failure and death.

It is in German, but Google can translate:

neonzebra

neonzebra

Sep 11, 2022
Someone I know tried this and she ended up going to hospital willingly because the pain and nausea caused by it was too much and went on for too long.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd
Kera

Kera

Experienced
Jul 16, 2023
Someone I know tried this and she ended up going to hospital willingly because the pain and nausea caused by it was too much and went on for too long.
Hmm, it just takes too long.

Here is another excerpt from praktischArzt.ch

"Serious paracetamol poisoning leads to liver damage such as icterus and even hepatic coma only after several days. Bleeding tendencies are also among the severe symptoms in cases of severe intoxication. The delayed course has its origin in the mode of action of the liver metabolism. The liver has a stock of gluthadione, the detoxification molecule. If the supply is used up by paracetamol poisoning, the toxic degradation products have an undiminished effect on the liver tissue. Severe damage up to and including liver necrosis and liver failure can be the result. In many countries, paracetamol is the main cause of liver failure."

L

Leagueofgentlemen

Apr 19, 2023
Don't mate, just don't.

Reactions: Boudika and dggtscccvfd
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
Short answer is a lot. Long answer is similar to other posters: don't do it, it doesn't work.

It doesn't work because you don't die from the overdose, you die from liver failure. This takes around 2 weeks! During this time, you'll be continually vomiting, feeling sick, and suffering from excruciating abdominal pain. If you're 'lucky', you die. If you're unlucky (much more likely) your liver will partially recover from the onslaught and you'll live, but with a lifetime of liver problems.

Simple truth is: don't overdose on paracetamol, you will regret it, it won't work, it'll mess you up etc.
vomitting and nausea.
Source
15 hours. No way, much longer.

I took 64 paracetamols and went in after 27 hours, they were still able to use the antidote and 'save' me. They'll try to use the antidote up to a few days in, but its efficacy drops off slowly overtime. The broad principle - just not the 15 hours - of what you're saying is true though, if you can wait it out for several DAYS, then you've got a chance at an extremely nasty death!

Last edited:
peanuts

peanuts

May 27, 2022
Short answer is a lot. Long answer is similar to other posters: don't do it, it doesn't work.

It doesn't work because you don't die from the overdose, you die from liver failure. This takes around 2 weeks! During this time, you'll be continually vomiting, feeling sick, and suffering from excruciating abdominal pain. If you're 'lucky', you die. If you're unlucky (much more likely) your liver will partially recover from the onslaught and you'll live, but with a lifetime of liver problems.

Simple truth is: don't overdose on paracetamol, you will regret it, it won't work, it'll mess you up etc.

15 hours. No way, much longer.

I took 64 paracetamols and went in after 27 hours, they were still able to use the antidote and 'save' me. They'll try to use the antidote up to a few days in, but its efficacy drops off slowly overtime. The broad principle - just not the 15 hours - of what you're saying is true though, if you can wait it out for several DAYS, then you've got a chance at an extremely nasty death!
What made you go in after 27 hours? Did you have any lasting effects from this?

D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
What made you go in after 27 hours? Did you have any lasting effects from this?
My parents were coming back (I live with them; long story, part of the reason I want to CTB). The plan was to take enough paracetamol to die and die in hospital so as not to involve them. I was under the impression that after 24 hours you're dead. I was very wrong and very disappointed.

No lasting effects fortunately.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart
peanuts

peanuts

May 27, 2022
My parents were coming back (I live with them; long story, part of the reason I want to CTB). The plan was to take enough paracetamol to die and die in hospital so as not to involve them. I was under the impression that after 24 hours you're dead. I was very wrong and very disappointed.

No lasting effects fortunately.
Ohh I see, I am super pleased that you have no lasting effects. Was it quite painful during those days at the hospital? I just wonder if it's ever worth doing>

D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
Ohh I see, I am super pleased that you have no lasting effects. Was it quite painful during those days at the hospital? I just wonder if it's ever worth doing>
Yes, quite painful.

Worth doing? The problem with paracetamol is that it rarely 'works' to kill you. As discussed many times on this forum, death is unlikely but liver damage is likely. If you've got a better alternative, then best to avoid paracetamol.

I totally get the frustration that forces people to try this method though. Many of the alternatives are violent and unpleasant: train, jumping, hanging. It's just so frustrating that we live in societies that treat those who want to die as 'mentally ill' rather than providing 'us' with a legal mechanism to die. There are a few enlightened countries which allow psychiatric euthanasia. In the rest, we are forced to jump in front of trains; even then, ignorant folk blame us for delaying their train service!

• Hugs
Reactions: QueenOfSpades, peanuts and Sweet Tart
StellaSomnus

StellaSomnus

Dormies sicut stellae luceant
Aug 18, 2023
Bad idea. Like many said, it will be a slow and painful death. It has a low fatality rate, though should you regret doing it, good thing it is reversible. Most that do OD paracetamol seek help due to how painful it is, hence the low fatality rate.

P

Prolonged Suffering

Aug 20, 2023
Bad idea. Like many said, it will be a slow and painful death. It has a low fatality rate, though should you regret doing it, good thing it is reversible. Most that do OD paracetamol seek help due to how painful it is, hence the low fatality rate.
However.
Had any of these failed attempts specify the sustain the people taken the pills with? As in, instead of taking them with water, have any of them tried to take the pills with Vodka?

D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
However.
Had any of these failed attempts specify the sustain the people taken the pills with? As in, instead of taking them with water, have any of them tried to take the pills with Vodka?
A small amount of vodka isn't going to change the outcome!

• Wow
Reactions: Prolonged Suffering
A

alterationitfinds

-
Sep 21, 2023
i did this once, a week in hospital. i did come very very close to the end though. i completely understand people who still choose to do it this way despite the fact that it has low mortality rate. A lot of my family have some kind of medical background and so i can tell you that if you have no other option than this, that doing it all in one go is not the way to go about it. instead of taking 40-50 pills in one go you need to instead take 10-12 everyday for a week. yes it is going to be painful. yes you will be sick. drinking alcohol will speed things up. but doing a staggered overdose greatly increases your chances at being successful.

I know that it is possible for this to work but it's very very reliant on doing it a certain way and being able to accept the pain. the way i was able to deal with the pain when i did it was to keep repeating and thinking "this was never going to be easy" needless to say, i lasted 24 hours before someone noticed and i admitted what i'd done to them. i had to have a plasma transfusion in the end. if i stuck it out i would not be here today so do with that what you will. i would not recommend it but if you don't have money to purchase other methods and you need something inconspicuous then i don't blame you. i hope that the right fate finds you.

insanovty

insanovty

Sep 26, 2023
Don't. It does not work. Just a month ago I took 52, it was just a random and impulsive decision. I did not experience any painful symptoms for the first few hours, but my father found out about it and I was taken to the hospital for observation, my body did not react to the drug at all. The nurse was as confused as I.

Just don't. Find another method.

S

soleil

Apr 28, 2023
i did this once, a week in hospital. i did come very very close to the end though. i completely understand people who still choose to do it this way despite the fact that it has low mortality rate. A lot of my family have some kind of medical background and so i can tell you that if you have no other option than this, that doing it all in one go is not the way to go about it. instead of taking 40-50 pills in one go you need to instead take 10-12 everyday for a week. yes it is going to be painful. yes you will be sick. drinking alcohol will speed things up. but doing a staggered overdose greatly increases your chances at being successful.

I know that it is possible for this to work but it's very very reliant on doing it a certain way and being able to accept the pain. the way i was able to deal with the pain when i did it was to keep repeating and thinking "this was never going to be easy" needless to say, i lasted 24 hours before someone noticed and i admitted what i'd done to them. i had to have a plasma transfusion in the end. if i stuck it out i would not be here today so do with that what you will. i would not recommend it but if you don't have money to purchase other methods and you need something inconspicuous then i don't blame you. i hope that the right fate finds you.

I did a staggered overdose of 30-40 extra strength Tylenol pills every single day for over a month. I split it up by 10-13 or so 3 times a day. I never vomited and it did absolutely nothing but make me drowsy. I never got medical attention.. had no pain or anything. Unless you already have pre existing liver damage or anything else, it could possibly work but didn't for me since I was super healthy. I thought it was possible because a teen died this way trying to treat a tooth ache. I figured tripling the amount she did would work but obviously didn't. You can't rely on this, everyones body will react differently.. it's very rare to die from OTC pills.

To be honest, I think they just tell everyone they were very close to dying to SCARE you so you wouldn't do it again. Even if it does do damage, you would probably be on dialysis the rest of your life or give you a liver transplant.

Last edited:
A

alterationitfinds

-
Sep 21, 2023
no they weren't telling me i was close, i was on the digestive ICU for 4 days and i was diagnosed with acute liver failure. if you can't afford other methods, staggered overdose and alcohol can work. Also, considering what you did and how long you did it for, i can almost guarantee that something has gone wrong on your insides, probably kidney or liver related. i would go for an ultrasound if i were you just to see what your working with there. if you are given the antidote, your not gonna have a liver transplant or be on dialysis but it does leave lasting affects. it's left me with tachycardia because of it. i wouldn't choose to do it this way if it wasn't for the fact that i have no funds or available time to do it any other way. when i took my last overdose i finished it off with half a bottle of baileys. the doctor told me it was the alcohol that did me in. if your desperate, it can work

S

soleil

Apr 28, 2023
no they weren't telling me i was close, i was on the digestive ICU for 4 days and i was diagnosed with acute liver failure. if you can't afford other methods, staggered overdose and alcohol can work. Also, considering what you did and how long you did it for, i can almost guarantee that something has gone wrong on your insides, probably kidney or liver related. i would go for an ultrasound if i were you just to see what your working with there. if you are given the antidote, your not gonna have a liver transplant or be on dialysis but it does leave lasting affects. it's left me with tachycardia because of it. i wouldn't choose to do it this way if it wasn't for the fact that i have no funds or available time to do it any other way. when i took my last overdose i finished it off with half a bottle of baileys. the doctor told me it was the alcohol that did me in. if your desperate, it can work

You only took 12 a day? I did that about 15 years ago, absolutely no issues and super healthy. Trust me, I was kind of upset. My luck would most likely be saved considering it takes forever to die this way and it will land me dialysis or a transplant if I tried it again. I'm cursed. Both are what happened to people who have Oded with Tylenol, btw.

I'll post the one with guy who drank with alcohol and stuck with dialysis when I find it.

Yes, it can technically work if you manage to avoid getting saved which will most likely happen, like how you were… it takes forever and you will be noticed. This is why everyone advises against it.

Last edited:
A

alterationitfinds

-
Sep 21, 2023
i took a lump sum of 40 and then 12 for a few days after, unfortunately i have tried to od on several different other pills (i've od on morphine and fentanyl) and they did less damage than the paracetamol overdose did. overdose is not a reliable way to go but it is cheap and it is better than slaving away trying to find the stronger stuff when your best bet is quantity over quality when it comes to poisoning. with morphine i drank half a bottle of oral route medication and besides being absolutely insanely high, i was fine with 36 hours. same with fentanyl, two fentanyl patches next to each other and kept them on for 5 days, i felt violently ill and could not stand up for a few days but again, i was fine right after.
prior to taking those overdoses (they were both within a week of eachother) i had never taken an opioid before.
OTC overdose of anadin extra tablets put me on having to be spoon fed for a good few days. i would say, before you start trying to go after the hard stuff, OTC staggered overdose is the way to go.
i would not recommend medical grade fentanyl or morphine for an overdose, i can attest to what street stuff will do to you because that's a different question. but morphine and fentanyl that you can receive on prescription didn't do the trick. i've tried all kinds of pills over the past year as i try about any medication in excess that i can get my hands on. the worst and closest i've ever come besides OTC is with a propranolol overdose, which pretty much knocked me entirely out for days, i only had 15 so that's as much as i could take but i'm sure if you had more then that would be a sure route into an unconscious death. Because i could not stay awake or hold a thought for days.
so if i could give any advice, it's that the highest of the medical grade opioids probably aren't going to finish you off either. propranolol probably will though.