poisonedminds

poisonedminds

Student
May 8, 2021
''Panspychism (n) is the view that all things have a mind or a mind-like quality''.

I believe that counsciousness is an energy that flows through everything, every rock, every cm of moss, every bird, every planet, every human being.
Nothing exists outside of consciousness, because if it isn't perceived, and if no one is around to perceive something, then does it even exist? I believe that everything is consciousness, and therefore, everything is one and the same, in line with the concept of non-duality.

This view of the world has had a big influence on my perception of death, because if consciousness is an energy and consciousness is everything, then one cannot possibly die.
Energy cannot be destroyed nor created, and therefore, I believe that after death of the body, we continue existing in a peaceful state of pure consciousness.
What we lose with death is our ego and our body, we lose the filter to our consciousness, but we do not lose our consciousness, and therefore we stay alive in a sense. My consciousness will still flow through every atom of this universe, and therefore, I am not dead, just existing in a different form.

I have been trying to explain my way of thinking to some people in my life, in hopes of lessening their fear of my death and the sorrow they will feel once i ctb. I think that the idea of my consciousness continuing to flow through them and nature and every single atom would logically make them feel less bad about my loss since I'd still be there, with them, in a way.

Obviously, all of this is extremely hard to explain to someone who doesn't feel it in their heart and I was curious to know if anyone else relates?
I don't really know what the point of this post was, but I'd love to hear other people's understanding of panpsychism and how it's shaped their view of death.

Reactions: Source Energy, Efilismislife and Manaaja