L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Hello,
This is a bit of a long one but I could do with some advice. I've been having awful panic attacks, but then the time in between the panic attacks is spent panicking about the next one. Trying to make myself act normal and convince myself I'm not feeling the panic, which makes me panic even more.
I'm starting to associate the panic with stupid things also. I had a panic attack in the car. Now every single time I am in the car I feel sick to my stomach and like I'm going to pass out. The feeling sick thing especially sucks because I've always panicked when it comes to vomit, it's a phobia. I have to go out in the car tomorrow and already I feel ill.
I panic a lot during the day about the night time. I essentially live alone, besides one person who is there very very seldom. I used to love this living arrangement, now, not so much.
I am alone at night. I panic. I take xanax (running low, can't get more right now) and I relax and go asleep. Wake up 2 hours later to the same panic.
Alcohol is not helping either. I feel good when I am drunk but once I start to sober the panic is back and the next morning it's really bad. I have taken a break from drinking, it's only been a week, so far it has made zero change to how I feel.
I used to be on Sertraline (2017-18ish)was on them for about a year. Took myself off them because I thought I was feeling a bit better. With these meds tho, I couldn't eat at the beginning, I had zero sex drive (sucks!!!) And I was sweating profusely at night to the point the sheets were actually wet to touch.
So what I'm wondering is, is there anyone else that can give me advice? How to stop this panic that is very quickly taking over my life in a way I've never experienced before. I've tried meditating, I cannot focus. I've tried breathing exercises, again I cannot focus long.
I have been toying with the idea of phoning my doctor, but they will reccomend long term meds I'd imagine, and I'd hate to face the previous side effects again. I wasnt a nice person on them. Very angry with the world and everyone around me. That's not who I am.
Anyone if anyone has bothered to read this much thank you.

• Hugs
Reactions: terry_a_davis
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
I've only experienced what i consider panic under the influence of lsd but i've had long bouts of feeling very anxious when i was mentally ill, not nice and you must be feeling much worse. You're right, worrying does worsen it. I'm not sure xanax/beer is a good idea as a regular long term solution, occasional relief may be.

I used to tell myself that i'm ok, nothing bad is actually happening and i'm in no danger, and it will pass. Physical exercise can be a way to release feelings and induce natural endorphins which relax you. Idk if you've tried anti psychotics but some research has shown they might treat severe anxiety. Possibility of serious side effects though.