G

goonhole

Sep 11, 2023
hi, i have questions about symptoms im experiencing and i was thinking maybe somebody here could offer some words.

i have frequent flashbacks that cause panic attacks and sometimes they happen when im driving.
my ability to maneuver the vehicle safely is not compromised because i recognize that I am having a panic attack, and i weigh that in to the innumerable silent calculations i make when driving.

i pull over if its bad enough that i need to, but its usually not so i don't pull over. however, my coping mechanism for staying safe when driving is to not fight against traffic and this causes me to lose track of where i am and will add to my state.
i can manage getting lost better by just pulling over every time, but beyond that,
i also will push things out of my head and sort of day dream and this causes me to forget things constantly,
and is also part of why i get lost.

this is very unflattering at my job and damaging in my personal life, and i am concerned about whether this will progress as i age, because I am 30 years old getting lost like a 90 year old man and its scary.

• Love
Reactions: rabbitmalice56
Inthewind

Inthewind

Wondering Waevern
Sep 19, 2023
Sorry man that seems tough I dissociate and feel like im not really there or like things arebeing seen through a screen and it isnt really life for me when I drive. But I recommend seeing a therapist just because they are a brain professional and probably would know, or just see a professional dunno who really, but they would probably be able to help or know that.

• Love
Reactions: lavender143once and rabbitmalice56
G

goonhole

Sep 11, 2023
I'm learning that no specific person is better suited for something for any predisposing reason, including career choice.
I haven't found a counselor who knows how it feels to be so broken you cant put your life together enough to BE a counselor in the first place,
and with the tapestry of information I've unloaded onto several of them which, for reasons unnecessary to state here, for how important they acted like it was to get me onto that sofa they sure don't do much with what I've given them now that I'm here.

I thought it would be cathartic to have advice from individuals who know how i feel and are maybe a little cynical about therapists too.
Sorry man that seems tough I dissociate and feel like im not really there or like things arebeing seen through a screen and it isnt really life for me when I drive. But I recommend seeing a therapist just because they are a brain professional and probably would know, or just see a professional dunno who really, but they would probably be able to help or know that.

Inthewind

Inthewind

Wondering Waevern
Sep 19, 2023
I'm learning that no specific person is better suited for something for any predisposing reason, including career choice.
I haven't found a counselor who knows how it feels to be so broken you cant put your life together enough to BE a counselor in the first place,
and with the tapestry of information I've unloaded onto several of them which, for reasons unnecessary to state here, for how important they acted like it was to get me onto that sofa they sure don't do much with what I've given them now that I'm here.

I thought it would be cathartic to have advice from individuals who know how i feel and are maybe a little cynical about therapists too.
wow no therapist, like they can teach so much information to them but they cant teach experiences so they never been low enough to feel and truly help man. I only recomending some profressional so hopefully theyd kno buuut guesss they wouldnt geez wild. I mean maybe the therapist type isnt that common because it tough to recover from feeling so low. How about what the web said maybe you can find your own research.?šŸˆ Maybe it gotta be up to you to figure it out since the profesionals and others cant?