Orbitc

Orbitc

Sorry for my English
Jul 2, 2023
Have any of you thought that dying a violent death is actually not that painful? People during periods of nervous excitement feel little pain. I broke my leg and finger in an accident and did not feel pain for quite a long time due to adrenaline. So many people died in the madness of the brutality of battle on the battlefield. Maybe their deaths weren't really that painful? I saw several posts about self-harm and didn't understand why people cut their skin. Perhaps they are adrenaline junkies and do this to drown out psychological pain? Maybe we are so afraid of death for nothing? We all find ourselves here in search of a peaceful and painless death - maybe we should strive for the opposite? Maybe falling from a great height is actually not as painful as we think?

• Hugs
Reactions: thewalkingdread, LeperGnome, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I've read that soldiers on the battlefield are sometimes unaware that they've been shot due to adrenaline.
I once crashed my motorcycle and didn't realise that I had ground my elbow down to the bone until a few minutes after the crash.
So I guess a violent death may not be as painful as we think due to delayed pain reactions due to adrenaline and shock.

Reactions: thewalkingdread, Praestat_Mori and LeperGnome
Upvote 0
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I actually believe that a violent death can be painless, but this painlessness really just relies on whether or not you're hopeless. Hopelessness wpuld induce peace while the opposite, which would trigger SI, would make it a very agonizing death.

Your body is made to feel pain, if it doesn't then it is either a psychological problem or you have an issue with the nervous system.

You can't bypass pain that easily, unfortunately..

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, Orbitc and Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0
Orbitc

Orbitc

Sorry for my English
Jul 2, 2023
I actually believe that a violent death can be painless, but this painlessness really just relies on whether or not you're hopeless. Hopelessness wpuld induce peace while the opposite, which would trigger SI, would make it a very agonizing death.

Your body is made to feel pain, if it doesn't then it is either a psychological problem or you have an issue with the nervous system.

You can't bypass pain that easily, unfortunately..
Yes, the effect of adrenaline and all these shock hormones wears off after some time and hellish pain appears, but it's so amazing that for probably almost an hour or even more I dont felt any pain. Yes, I agree that if after a fatal injury death occurs quickly, then it is probably not as scary as we imagine, but if the injury is not fatal, then after the hormonal miracle disappears it will be replaced by hellish pain. So amazing - I still walked quite a lot on my broken leg to the taxi and around the hospital

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and アホペンギン
Upvote 0