MisterOGBongWater

MisterOGBongWater

Student
Aug 30, 2023
Wondering if I'll really feel anything at all from a shotgun point blank. Is there any research done on this topic or is it something we will never truly know? The only thing stopping me from jumping off the bridge on my way home from work tonight is the pain factor, but if I'll feel it anyway I might just go ahead and be impulsive about it lol.

Mari&mewo

Mari&mewo

Feb 11, 2023
I think it's probably excruciating for just a minute or so before all the systems in your brain go down... its less about how painful this would be, and more about how drawn out and painful other methods will be.

Reactions: ww21o.o
PlasticFace

PlasticFace

My story is in my about me, if you'd like to know.
Feb 16, 2023
I survived a self-inflicted gunshot to the jaw. I was a stupid kid and had no idea how to use a gun, let alone use one to CTB. This is the worst CTB method to survive but it's also probably one of the hardest to fail. If were talking about physical pain, it was the worst I've ever experienced. In the split second it took for the bullet to enter and exit, I could almost feel every fiber splitting. I imagine if I had hit my brain though, I wouldn't have experienced so much pain. I felt really hot, like meltingly hot. Imagine stretching a rubber glove enough to cause it to perforate. That's what my skin felt like. My ears were ringing, deafeningly loud. I felt my head hit the carpet under me and I couldn't do anything but writhe on the floor and feel my mom squeezing my head. At this point, the sensations were less painful and more uncomfortable. Like when your leg falls asleep or if you sleep on your arm and wake up with it numb.
Fear of pain and SI are the biggest things keeping people from CTB.
My biggest regret is not aiming where I should've. It still hurts, years later.
Best of luck to you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Musiclover338, ww21o.o, ladylazarus4 and 2 others
MisterOGBongWater

MisterOGBongWater

Student
Aug 30, 2023
I survived a self-inflicted gunshot to the jaw. I was a stupid kid and had no idea how to use a gun, let alone use one to CTB. This is the worst CTB method to survive but it's also probably one of the hardest to fail. If were talking about physical pain, it was the worst I've ever experienced. In the split second it took for the bullet to enter and exit, I could almost feel every fiber splitting. I imagine if I had hit my brain though, I wouldn't have experienced so much pain. I felt really hot, like meltingly hot. Imagine stretching a rubber glove enough to cause it to perforate. That's what my skin felt like. My ears were ringing, deafeningly loud. I felt my head hit the carpet under me and I couldn't do anything but writhe on the floor and feel my mom squeezing my head. At this point, the sensations were less painful and more uncomfortable. Like when your leg falls asleep or if you sleep on your arm and wake up with it numb.
Fear of pain and SI are the biggest things keeping people from CTB.
My biggest regret is not aiming where I should've. It still hurts, years later.
Best of luck to you.
Thank you. I'm sorry you went through that. I would've done the same if I acted younger. I am gonna aim to towards the back of my head behind my ear to blow out my brain stem instantly. Hopefully that will kill my ability to feel pain before I die. Hopefully I just die
I think it's probably excruciating for just a minute or so before all the systems in your brain go down... its less about how painful this would be, and more about how drawn out and painful other methods will be.
I agree. I'd rather feel a couple seconds of the worst pain imaginable than doing this for the rest of my life. Or bleeding out or a slow od. Seems like it makes the most sense when you balance everything out.

Yeah it might hurt the most but the quickness and the lack of room to fail makes it the obvious choice

Last edited:
Reactions: ww21o.o
eeah

eeah

waste
Sep 11, 2024
if you hit the brain stem with a shotgun then i dont think youd feel anything other than the split second of pain described above. which is bad yes but by the time you can even process it I'd imagine ur already dead

ladylazarus4

ladylazarus4

exhausted
May 12, 2024
Thank you. I'm sorry you went through that. I would've done the same if I acted younger. I am gonna aim to towards the back of my head behind my ear to blow out my brain stem instantly. Hopefully that will kill my ability to feel pain before I die. Hopefully I just die
I advise you to read the thread about guns in the suicide resource mega thread.