W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Hello, I'm considering jumping from 300 feet to concrete. I'm worried this method is to painful yet some claim it isn't. What's right?

The reason I want to use this method is I do want a certain, mostly painless death.

Greetings

Reactions: CyVir
N

nessun_nome

Student
May 7, 2023
Hello, I'm considering jumping from 300 feet to concrete. I'm worried this method is to painful yet some claim it isn't. What's right?

The reason I want to use this method is I do want a certain, mostly painless death.

Greetings

I think that from that height the chances of any pain or awareness on impact are almost zero.

Reactions: CyVir and winterparty
W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Can you or someone else explain why?

CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
Can you or someone else explain why?
Because the force you hit the ground will be so great that you'll likely lose consciousness in an instant.

Reactions: WaitingAllMyLife, CyVir, SenseOfLoss and 1 other person
W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
So how painful is it really? Is hanging more painful than landing?

Can you explain in detail? Thanks for your answers so far.

afraid

afraid

I might just be able to feel pain the last time
Aug 4, 2023
I think you shouldn't feel much of anything if you die on impact and on this height your death should be certain. You'd feel more fear than actual psychical pain. Maybe some videos will help you see how something is instantly gone the second they hit the ground? No idea where you could find such videos tho. Just my opinion, haven't died or tried myself.

Reactions: dra1ncoreslwt, CyVir and winterparty
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
I was once involved at the scene of an elderly man who had ctb by suspending himself from the window ledge of a flat on the 12th or 13th (as far as I recall) floor of a multi storey building.
He had hung on by his hands until he either let go or could hold on no longer and fell to the concrete slabs below, feet first. When we picked him up he rattled like a bag of china and it was very difficult to pick him up as it seemed every major bone in his body was broken.
It seems to me inconceivable that death was not instantaneous, his injuries were total and appalling in extent.

Reactions: CyVir, TheGoodGuy, Life interrupted and 1 other person
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023

It depends how high you're falling from and what onto. If it was like 500 metres onto a concrete for example, then you'll feel no pain. As long as you can overcome the SI and jump, you'll just have a short time to contemplate the end. A full suspension hanging done properly will be over almost as quick (in terms of consciousness) as that person hitting the ground.

Last edited:
Reactions: winterparty
N

nessun_nome

Student
May 7, 2023

Because it takes time to perceive pain. About half a second or so. From the height you mentioned, you'd be going so fast that the brain would be destroyed in less time than that.

There is more to go wrong with hanging. Even if done right, it wouldn't be so instantaneous.

Reactions: CyVir and winterparty
Kera

Kera

Experienced
Jul 16, 2023
Just as an aside..In 2010, a 22-year-old survived a fall from the 39th floor (ca. 390 feet) of a Manhattan skyscraper.
You only have a chance if you land with your head on concrete!!! That should be pretty painless.

W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Do you have a link to this story? @Kera So what do the experts say?

W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Someone knows how painful it is to land on concrete from 300 feet? What's true now it's important.

Reactions: hopeisdead
Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
If you land on the head then close to zero pain

Life interrupted

Life interrupted

Trapped in life
Mar 18, 2022
I was once involved at the scene of an elderly man who had ctb by suspending himself from the window ledge of a flat on the 12th or 13th (as far as I recall) floor of a multi storey building.
He had hung on by his hands until he either let go or could hold on no longer and fell to the concrete slabs below, feet first. When we picked him up he rattled like a bag of china and it was very difficult to pick him up as it seemed every major bone in his body was broken.
It seems to me inconceivable that death was not instantaneous, his injuries were total and appalling in extent.
How long did it take him to die? I only have access to a 12 storey building 😢

M

Mocon33

Dec 15, 2021
I wouldn't worry about rare edge cases, falling 12 stories onto concrete, even feet first, means you will die instantly.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy and winterparty
Szinuus

Szinuus

I see the bus...I can almost see it
Aug 19, 2022
I've jumped from 6 meters. Survived obviously. No memories from fall and pain from broken bones.

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
As far as I know (I wasn't there when he fell, but a few minutes later) death seemed instantaneous. With part of his head smashed in and his neck very obviously snapped I doubt he would have survived the immediate impact.

• Informative
Reactions: winterparty and Life interrupted
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
You won't feel any pain , so fast and the body will release natural painkillers.

Reactions: CyVir
W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
So this is my best option as someone stole my nitrogen equipment and called the police. I was at that spot many times and I always went back from it alive. I was afraid of the painful impact. Wish me luck I have the balls to do it.