B

bessops1976

Feb 1, 2023
Is is possible? I haven't eaten in 3 days and decided today to try water intoxication. I've managed 3litres in an hour so far and will keep drinking large quantities at very regular intervals. I live alone so no one will be aware of what I'm doing. I realise this is probably unlikely to work or at worst cause me pain, disorientation and swelling of the brain but I'm exhausting viable methods. The kidneys cannot process water this fast and I'm hoping I will be one of the lucky people this will work for

Reactions: warriorkot and WAITING TO DIE
Lost_my_soul

Lost_my_soul

No one will help you unless it benefits them
Sep 13, 2023
This one seems doable, but I have no idea, would love to see the responses.

• Hugs
Reactions: warriorkot, アホペンギン and WAITING TO DIE
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
It's defintely possible. But I'm thinking that if you're awae of what's happening while it's happening, survival instinct would likely kick in.

Reactions: warriorkot, IBM0000, Meditation guide and 1 other person
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
The human body can tolerate up to 20 litres of water per day.
Yet, the kidneys can only excrete approximately 1 litre per hour.
Water Intoxication is due to the fact that too much water all at once causes electrolytes to fall to dangerous levels.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I read that water intoxication kills because your brain swells up from all the water and it presses against your skull. All your organs swell but the brain has no place to go.

• Informative
Reactions: アホペンギン
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
It is definitely possible but for many people such high levels of fluid intake isn't easy to handle.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
On that video a nurse calls in to tell them she could die from water intoxication and a DJ replies:
"It's ok they signed releases so we're not responsible."

HOLY SHT that is the most callous thing I've ever heard.

B

babychicken🐥

Oct 13, 2023
Its hard. Youre more likely to vomit before you get to that point. Vomiting also depletes electrolytes though so if you start drinking again after youve thrown up then maybe it would work. At first it hurts a ton. Ive heard the stomach bursts at about 4liters and ive gotten to 3 and I was blanking out a lot for like a couple seconds at a time. I was very confused and started shaking. I ended up throwing up all over the floor. After that I was weirdly thirsty again but I felt sick when I drank more. I wonder if anti nausea medicine would have fixed that

• Hugs
Reactions: Quinton Coldwater, Meditation guide and STTP
STTP

STTP

Straight To The Point
Oct 10, 2023
Is is possible? I haven't eaten in 3 days and decided today to try water intoxication. I've managed 3litres in an hour so far and will keep drinking large quantities at very regular intervals. I live alone so no one will be aware of what I'm doing. I realise this is probably unlikely to work or at worst cause me pain, disorientation and swelling of the brain but I'm exhausting viable methods. The kidneys cannot process water this fast and I'm hoping I will be one of the lucky people this will work for
On a serious note this is probably one of the worst ways to ctb I can think of... slow, unreliable, painful, and easily stopped. You deserve a better life and you definitely deserve a better death, especially since you can choose that one.

Reactions: Quinton Coldwater, IBM0000 and riamu
S

soleil

Apr 28, 2023
OP, how did it go? I feel gross after just one liter but I want to keep trying since it's not scary and accessible.

T

treetop.grazer

Student
Jan 11, 2022
I did try this early this year, ended up with hideous headaches and dizzy for a day but that was it, SI just kicked in too easily.

S

soleil

Apr 28, 2023
There have been 2 reports of intentional water intoxication in jail so this makes me a little hopeful!

thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
As someone who has accidentally gotten real fucked up from drinking too much water at once, I don't see it as a very viable way to ctb. I got so disoriented and couldn't hear most things, everything was confusing. Even if I had been using it as a method to ctb (I work in a brick warehouse with little climate control and can't sweat) I don't think it would've been successful because I got so disoriented I didn't even know what I was doing for a while.

Maybe if you can keep up pace before you are fully out of it? But I wouldn't count on it tbh.

Reactions: Meditation guide
B

bessops1976

Feb 1, 2023
It did not go well. Got a splitting headache and very loose stools, nausea and not a lot else happened. I did manage about 7 litres in a short period of time, after that my stomach capacity was reached. Not a viable way, at all. I didn't expect much else to be honest, if anything it's educated me that such ideas are ridiculous. I think I will try partial again. I've managed to induce some dizziness during test runs, if a test run results in death then that's a happy outcome

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: voidstar, PoorYorick, Duality and 3 others
Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
I also did it once accidentially and it was a real horror with lots of vomiting, confusion, very strong migrains, very high blood pressure, total legs and feet numbness, seizures, it's also very easy to get brain damage (=so to be paralyzed) or smth like coma without dying.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Its hard. Youre more likely to vomit before you get to that point. Vomiting also depletes electrolytes though so if you start drinking again after youve thrown up then maybe it would work. At first it hurts a ton. Ive heard the stomach bursts at about 4liters and ive gotten to 3 and I was blanking out a lot for like a couple seconds at a time. I was very confused and started shaking. I ended up throwing up all over the floor. After that I was weirdly thirsty again but I felt sick when I drank more. I wonder if anti nausea medicine would have fixed that
I think the shaking you experienced might be from the electrolyte imbalance affecting your nerves so they don't function smoothly.

• Love
Reactions: babychicken🐥
B

babychicken🐥

Oct 13, 2023
I think the shaking you experienced might be from the electrolyte imbalance affecting your nerves so they don't function smoothly.
That makes sense! Its so weird that just a little extra water can do that!

I

iasfh

Jan 7, 2024
So you tried it.