• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

4x_01100011

Feb 13, 2019
hello, just out of the hospital after 5 months. 11 suicide attempts. i'm desperate now - will an overdose on prozac be enough to finally kill me?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Dumbass, Soul, Raggas and 1 other person
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
No, it will just be failed attempt #12. There is so much information on this board regarding methods that are highly effective, so read them and make the next try work. Best of luck!

Reactions: Dumbass, Dartz, kuddelmuddel23 and 5 others
cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
hello, just out of the hospital after 5 months. 11 suicide attempts. i'm desperate now - will an overdose on prozac be enough to finally kill me?
No. You're not going to get prescribed anything you can fatally OD on.

Reactions: Dumbass, Deleted member 4288 and inconsequential
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
Take your time to carefully study the following. It will provide some solid ideas: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/list-of-resources.3/

Reactions: Dumbass
Jynxer

Jynxer

Jun 3, 2019
P
don't bother. Prozac is not something you can OD on. I found that out the hard way when I was 15. That was my first suicide watch,actually.

Reactions: Dumbass and AtomicNewt
R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
No you won't die. No matter how much you take you won't die. You will give yourself something called serotonin syndrome, which from what I've heard is agony and can leave permanent damage to your nervous system. Would be better off using paracetamol as that would actually kill you, but it would be agony (you die from liver failure) and high risk because there is an antedote. Please don't use either of these drugs or of on and they will cause you. Slot of physical pain. It would be worth doing some research and maybe finding something like sodium nitrite as that would kill you in about 10 minutes (although I understand it is not pleasant)

Reactions: Dumbass and cornflowerblue
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
the LD50 for Prozac is 425mg/kg...but, IDK how reliable it is .
what did you attempt with before if i may ask.

R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019

Let's say OP weighs 70kg (average male), is prescribed a high dose of fluoxetine of 80mg/day. Now he picks up a 90 day prescription (the limit here in nz) that's 7.2grams. He would need according to that 29.7 grams to die. Even tho you might die if left alone at that dose, the reality is you're likely to be found or ask for help yourself because of the pain your in and then although we can't give an antedote (that I know of) we can manage the symptoms and give icu care until you (recover) but the risk of a permanent pain syndrome is so high I really hope you don't do that. Another thing is if you are prescribed meds please take them! If they aren't working or are causing bad side effects then tell your doctor, there are a lot of ssris and some that are much better than fluoxetine.

Reactions: AtomicNewt and LogicalConclusion
cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
LD50 is also only the 50% line for causing death, to be guaranteed you'd have to go higher.

Reactions: Donewith_ and Rez_MbChB
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
Let's say OP weighs 70kg (average male), is prescribed a high dose of fluoxetine of 80mg/day. Now he picks up a 90 day prescription (the limit here in nz) that's 7.2grams. He would need according to that 29.7 grams to die. Even tho you might die if left alone at that dose, the reality is you're likely to be found or ask for help yourself because of the pain your in and then although we can't give an antedote (that I know of) we can manage the symptoms and give icu care until you (recover) but the risk of a permanent pain syndrome is so high I really hope you don't do that. Another thing is if you are prescribed meds please take them! If they aren't working or are causing bad side effects then tell your doctor, there are a lot of ssris and some that are much better than fluoxetine.

Those side effects sound horrible..
But, IDK much about this.. so , I would rather not comment.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rez_MbChB
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
LD50 is also only the 50% line for causing death, to be guaranteed you'd have to go higher.
LD50 is based on what kills rats, which may or may not translate into human lethality. So a human who wanted to be confident of death would have to go even higher.
If they aren't working or are causing bad side effects then tell your doctor, there are a lot of ssris and some that are much better than fluoxetine.
You're a pharmacist, right? Is there any research that indicates that any particular SSRIs are better or worse than any other SSRIs? Some are more popular, though I've never seen any actual research to indicate if one is better than another. I know some docs have opinions on what is best, though they seem based on their patients which are a very small sample size.

If SSRIs fail, then there are TCAs -- which have the added benefit of being a suicide drug. So even if a TCA doesn't help depression, well, it still could be quite useful. There are also MAOIs -- which docs really hate to prescribe even when specifically requested -- and I'm only aware of 2 members here who've used them and I'm one of them. My first psychiatrist terrified me by telling me how Nardil could lead to death if I went to a dinner party. What a load of shit! Of course, if you're on a suicide forum, you probably don't need to worry too much about that unlikely risk of death (by hypertensive crisis). I am aware that Parnate was pulled from the market in 1964 due to something like 60 deaths, before being reintroduced with a stern warning about tyramine.

Last edited:
R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
LD50 is based on what kills rats, which may or may not translate into human lethality. So a human who wanted to be confident of death would have to go even higher.

You're a pharmacist, right? Is there any research that indicates that any particular SSRIs are better or worse than any other SSRIs? Some are more popular, though I've never seen any actual research to indicate if one is better than another. I know some docs have opinions on what is best, though they seem based on their patients which are a very small sample size.

If SSRIs fail, then there are TCAs -- which have the added benefit of being a suicide drug. So even if a TCA doesn't help depression, well, it still could be quite useful. There are also MAOIs -- which docs really hate to prescribe even when specifically requested -- and I'm only aware of 2 members here who've used them and I'm one of them. My first psychiatrist terrified me by telling me how Nardil could lead to death if I went to a dinner party. What a load of shit! Of course, if you're on a suicide forum, you probably don't need to worry too much about that unlikely risk of death (by hypertensive crisis). I am aware that Parnate was pulled from the market in 1964 due to something like 60 deaths, before being reintroduced with a stern warning about tyramine.

I'm a doctor in pgy2. So although I know a bit about drugs and stuff, not nearly as much as a clinical pharmacologist. "Better" is a subjective term, but there are ones with more affinity at lower doses, so you can effective,y get the effect of having 100mg fluoxetine with a 10mg escitalipram so you don't get the side effects as badly. There are actually TetCA now which is what I'm on, and TCAs aren't prescribed here for depression because of their lethality. With regards to MAOIS yes, they are quite dangerous which is why they tend to be avoided.

T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
With regards to MAOIS yes, they are quite dangerous which is why they tend to be avoided.
The danger of MAOIs is grossly exaggerated. I was on MAOIs for over 3 years and still alive (unfortunately). One will have to restrict their diet to exclude fava beans, which nobody (other than Hannibal Lecter) eats, and also blue cheese though I never wanted moldy cheese anyhow. The most recent MAOI death that I've ever been able to find was Libby Zion in 1981 so there doesn't appear to be an epidemic of deaths caused by them.

In the US TCAs are still prescribed for insomnia, though they are useless to me. I got imipramine back in 2003 for social phobia, though gave up after 4 weeks due to urinary retention.

R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
The danger of MAOIs is grossly exaggerated. I was on MAOIs for over 3 years and still alive (unfortunately). One will have to restrict their diet to exclude fava beans, which nobody (other than Hannibal Lecter) eats, and also blue cheese though I never wanted moldy cheese anyhow. The most recent MAOI death that I've ever been able to find was Libby Zion in 1981 so there doesn't appear to be an epidemic of deaths caused by them.

In the US TCAs are still prescribed for insomnia, though they are useless to me. I got imipramine back in 2003 for social phobia, though gave up after 4 weeks due to urinary retention.

Although I can believe the danger is exaggerated, there are deaths due to Maoi toxicity mentioned here. 2017 Annual Report of the American Association of Poison Control Centers' National Poison Data System (NPDS): 35th Annual Report.

cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019

I've used MAOIs and had 0 issues getting them. Had them offered to me by multiple docs over the years and I was always the one declining, until finally trying one last year

4x_01100011

Feb 13, 2019
thanks for the replies guys, i'm quite taken a back from your willingness to help.

i'm a 5"5 female weighing 47 kg. previous methods include partial hanging and wrist cutting. i've given up on partial but i'll try again today. i also have a large prescription of seroquel/Quetiapine i was planning on mixing with it. i haven't taken my medication for 3 months so i thought i'd have an ample supply but thank you all so much for the information.
maybe i'll see you on the other side

R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
thanks for the replies guys, i'm quite taken a back from your willingness to help.

i'm a 5"5 female weighing 47 kg. previous methods include partial hanging and wrist cutting. i've given up on partial but i'll try again today. i also have a large prescription of seroquel/Quetiapine i was planning on mixing with it. i haven't taken my medication for 3 months so i thought i'd have an ample supply but thank you all so much for the information.
maybe i'll see you on the other side

How much quetiapine? Again gotta advise you not to. It's shown to be extremely safe in overdose (20+ grams) and has relative certainty to give you a permanent movement disorder.
Hope you find peace anyway dude.

inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
In general, overdoses are not a method guaranteed to kill you. I don't recommend them, and I don't think many others would, either. Simply because you do not know your absorption rates, you do not know your metabolism rates, and human bodies are fucking *resilient*.

Nobody here wants to see you seriously injured, or ending up as a vegetable, or ending up in psych prison. Please read the mega-threads. They're very useful.

S

Scott

Jun 29, 2019
Time is running short for me. I'm about to become homeless.

Dartz

Dartz

Give Me The Dirt
Jun 29, 2018
It's basically impossible to OD on prozac :/

R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
Time is running short for me. I'm about to become homeless.

tbh don't know. I dont think it will. LD50 for lisopril is 2g/kg. ZYprexia wont. atenolol again 2g/kg.
Probably will just cause yourself a lot of trouble.

S

Scott

Jun 29, 2019
Does anybody know about Lyrica? I didn't find out much info on it

R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
what kind of trouble on failed attempt?

Anything ranging from chronic pain syndromes, brain damage, organ damage, heart arrythmias etc. When you mix a bunch of drugs like that its hard to know. but not pleasant stuff.

I

Intelligent_Lobster

I knew taking this picture would come in handy
Mar 30, 2019
No. You're not going to get prescribed anything you can fatally OD on.
That's not necessarily true. I have about 15 tabs of remeron, 20 tabs of Ambien, and 20 kpin tabs. Alone, that's not enough. But if I tied a bag around my head? The Ambien will put me to sleep quickly, and the remeron will keep me asleep. The kpin will just give me a good time on my way out.

Prozac is a waste of time, though. I was on it for a week, and the brain zaps were so bad I thought I was going to die. You wouldn't be able to OD on it, though.

S

Scott

Jun 29, 2019
Thank you Rez for your kindness in answering questions. It's a very scary and lonely place right now. I couldn't imagine a more horrific thing than being homeless with no hope of a future