N

neetschizo

Jun 17, 2020
I'm thinking of killing myself with gabapentin. I only take it as needed (when I'm having an anxiety attack) but they've given me a few hundred pills. Does anyone know of any side effects that might make it a horrible way to go? When I take more than the intended dose, 4+ pills, it makes me real sleepy and puts me to sleep in a few hours. So I feel like if I take enough to kill me I'd just pass out before I felt any painful effects. Anyone know if anyone has tried this before?

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
I'm thinking of killing myself with gabapentin. I only take it as needed (when I'm having an anxiety attack) but they've given me a few hundred pills. Does anyone know of any side effects that might make it a horrible way to go? When I take more than the intended dose, 4+ pills, it makes me real sleepy and puts me to sleep in a few hours. So I feel like if I take enough to kill me I'd just pass out before I felt any painful effects. Anyone know if anyone has tried this before?

iu

Most overdoses with prescription medication are rarely fatal.

With gabapentin (Neurontin) specifically, you would probably just experience intense amounts of the normal side effects, which don't sound terrible about from perhaps the nystagmus and ataxia (when you regain sufficient consciousness to notice these).

But yeah, extremely unlikely to be fatal. Don't even bother.

• Love
Reactions: fly away and Saed
N

neetschizo

Jun 17, 2020
iu

Most overdoses with prescription medication are rarely fatal.

With gabapentin (Neurontin) specifically, you would probably just experience intense amounts of the normal side effects, which don't sound terrible about from perhaps the nystagmus and ataxia (when you regain sufficient consciousness to notice these).

But yeah, extremely unlikely to be fatal. Don't even bother.
This is unfortunate. I'm too poor to afford a gun, SN, or jump :/