Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
How have you overcame insecurities that you might have? Can you at least hide them if you can't overcome them?

Insecurities seem to control my social life which has led me to not having one. No matter what I try I'm never able to overcome them because people keep giving me reasons to believe them. I feel like they just say it as a cop out similar to people saying it'll get better when it never does get better.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and the_path_of_sorrows
the_path_of_sorrows

the_path_of_sorrows

Different routes, same destination
Nov 26, 2023
Hey, this might sound slightly cynical but.. Works wonders. Made myself believe that nobody truly cares. People only notice stuff if that's going to affect them in any way possible. Comparing yourself to others is something of the human nature.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Leavesfromthevine
Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
I wouldn't say I've ever overcome any insecurities but I have stopped feeding them.

Reactions: Abandoned Character and Leavesfromthevine
justcallmeJ

justcallmeJ

<3
Nov 9, 2023
I dont know if it will help you, but i had to overcome a lot insecurites when coming out as trans. I did baby steps when doing things I normally didnt do like make up. First i began wearing nail polish, eventually a bit of mascara, and eventually just full face with makeup, same with clothes, way i act etc. People dont really care about you too in a way that they notice everything about you. Just sometimes a stare or a slur once or twice a week.
People who actually say something to you have big insecurites themselves, so dont take it personally. Nobody is perfect.
Ofcourse i dont know what insecurities you have, but hopefully this has helped you a bit.
Best wishes <3

• Love
Reactions: Leavesfromthevine