• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
It seems like most people want nothingness, but I am scared of it. How do I get over it?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: cranberrys, Unknown21, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
To me there's not a fear in nothingness. It's where I was before all this, whatever this is. I don't recall "feeling" anything bad before arriving here, so how bad could it be? I don't recall sorrow, pain, anguish, misery, guilt, or hunger, or ANYTHING. Sounds ideal and like bliss to me. No more of the shit that is this place. True freedom.

• Love
Reactions: Green Destiny, FERAL_FRENZY, Praestat_Mori and 4 others
B

b1cycle

Jun 9, 2024
It's weird to think about because there is no positive content to nothingness, only what it deprives you of..... And you experience it every time you go to sleep, and sleeping isn't scary. The asymmetry of death is very weird to me. But when I am really in a bad mental state the nothingness is inviting, in the way that jumping from a window during a house fire is inviting. I think it's like a long nap that never ends.

Reactions: FERAL_FRENZY, Praestat_Mori and pthnrdnojvsc
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
It seems like most people want nothingness, but I am scared of it. How do I get over it?
Well, I mean, what is there really to be scared of? You'll cease to be, like a lightswitch being flicked off. You won't know that you don't exist.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and pthnrdnojvsc
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
I think about when I was made unconscious with anesthesia for a dental procedure.

One moment I was talking to the dental assistant, the next thing I knew I was waking up and the procedure was over. I didn't think or feel or remember anything. I imagine it's like that, and it helps me not worry too much about it

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
justwannadip

justwannadip

it's still raining
May 27, 2024
I think its tough to come to terms with it by imagining, because imagining nothingness isn't nothing, ur still experiencing it. And usually when people imagine nothingness they just imagine being trapped in a pure black landscape. But that's not nothing. I try to remind myself that nothingness is the lack of experience. So no matter how scared my body is, it won't have to experience that anyway. SI will always be there tho, and the desire to experience something over nothing at all. I guess for me it just depends on whether it continues to be like this or gets even more extreme, than I'll have no choice but to go. Hopefully I won't think about it too much, but I don't expect my last moments to be peaceful because of the anxiety about it.

• Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and thewalkingdread
thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Life is a pointless, undeserved, unnecessary pain.
Oct 30, 2023
I think its tough to come to terms with it by imagining, because imagining nothingness isn't nothing, ur still experiencing it. And usually when people imagine nothingness they just imagine being trapped in a pure black landscape. But that's not nothing
Exactly.

We only fear "nothingness" because we know that the moments before our death are the last we'll have. And usually they aren't very pleasurable, agreeable, experiences...

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_ and Praestat_Mori
justwannadip

justwannadip

it's still raining
May 27, 2024
Exactly.

We only fear "nothingness" because we know that the moments before our death are the last we'll have. And usually they aren't very pleasurable, agreeable, experiences...
Ya its unfortunate that we have to suffer until the end, even in our last moments. But in a way its poetic. Like one last hoorah. For me, I may think about how I'm killing my brain thats been working against me my whole life. It may make it easier, but until then, idk.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and thewalkingdread
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Fear is the anticipation of future pain

There can be no pain no experience nothing in non-existence

Why fear never being able to feel pain again ? It's not logical

It's like before u were born

Reactions: divinemistress36, Beyond_Repair and Praestat_Mori
landslide2

landslide2

Student
May 6, 2024
I think many are naturally scared of it, and that has very much to do with the survival instinct. But I wouldn't say most people want nothingness, rather they want the pain and suffering to end.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
To me there's not a fear in nothingness. It's where I was before all this, whatever this is. I don't recall "feeling" anything bad before arriving here, so how bad could it be? I don't recall sorrow, pain, anguish, misery, guilt, or hunger, or ANYTHING. Sounds ideal and like bliss to me. No more of the shit that is this place. True freedom.
That doesn't help the SI.
Well, I mean, what is there really to be scared of? You'll cease to be, like a lightswitch being flicked off. You won't know that you don't exist.
I have someone that I like. Don't want to forget. Fear of losing good things.
Why fear never being able to feel pain again ? It's not logical
Fear of losing the good in my life.

C

charcoalcat

Apr 17, 2018
Had a surgery before, on anesthesia and fully unconscious for hours. Total nothingness. It was awesome I assure you. Pure bliss.

• Love
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_ and divinemistress36
lacrimosa

lacrimosa

Student
Jul 1, 2024
The fear of nothingness is an oxymoron. It's nothingness, so, essentially, there's nothing to fear as you won't be conscious.

To clarify... Is it that you fear not experiencing anything anymore? That makes sense and is a totally rational fear. I too fear not experiencing anything anymore and that is probably a good thing but I'm not afraid to die. I think I would be at peace, hence why I sleep 12-13 hours every night/day.

Reactions: divinemistress36