Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
I've read articles about pro-choice sites like this and they seem to think we simply encourage each other to CTB and take joy in people dying. But I haven't found that here at all. When people say they are going to CTB my response seems to be the common one; I wish you well and I hope you find peace. No ghoulish love of death here. Maybe other sites are different?

I think this is a caring place because we can be open and honest with each other. There is sympathy, but it is not over the top. What do you all think?

Last edited:
Reactions: Under The Graveyard, Anxieyote, alone4evr and 4 others
BrokenHopes

BrokenHopes

What doesn't kill you, f*cks you up.
Nov 27, 2019
Yes I agree with you. Alot of people seem to have a distorted view of this place.
This is a place full of warmth, compassion, authenticity and honesty.
You can pour out your heart and find some relief.
I have not found an encouragement of death rather an understanding and connection with others who are also in despair. People here hope for others to find peace not to find death.

• Love
Reactions: Anxieyote, alone4evr, FuneralCry and 3 others
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
Yes I agree with you. Alot of people seem to have a distorted view of this place.
This is a place full of warmth, compassion, authenticity and honesty.
You can pour out your heart and find some relief.
I have not found an encouragement of death rather an understanding and connection with others who are also in despair. People here hope for others to find peace not to find death.

Well said. That said, we do offer advice on how to CTB which is highly repugnant to 99.999% of normies.

Also I was a member of a different site some 4 years ago which is now shut down and I think that site had a very different vibe.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrokenHopes
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
For many people, the mere acceptance of the validity of suicide is synonymous with encouragement.

Reactions: demuic, alone4evr, UseItOrLoseIt and 5 others
BrokenHopes

BrokenHopes

What doesn't kill you, f*cks you up.
Nov 27, 2019
Well said. That said, we do offer advice on how to CTB which is highly repugnany to 99.999% of normies.

Also I was a member of a different site some 4 years ago which is now shut down and I think that site had a very different vibe.

That is true. Such advice can be found in many places so it can better be found in this type of enviourment.
Then there is also a recovery part which they always seem to forget which probably have been helpful to alot of people.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: mediocre and Shadowplay
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
It's also for the most part a non-judgemental place. You can have different views and agree to disagree. That is such a rarity now.

Reactions: Shadowplay
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
It's also for the most part a non-judgemental place. You can have different views and agree to disagree. That is such a rarity now.
That is also excellent point; most disagreement here is civil. People seem chill and not eager to jump down each others' throats.

Reactions: mediocre
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think a place like this is needed, people need somewhere to openly talk about suicide without being told platitudes and toxic positivity. I think censorship of these topics will just make people more isolated and desperate. This is a pro choice website meaning we respect other peoples decisions whether they choose to live or die. We do have the right to exit this world at a time of our choosing. It is our lives, our decision. None of us asked to exist in the first place. I think it is cruel how the society expects us to suffer for decades against our wishes. This website recognises the right to die and sees it as important.

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Most people hold views about life that assume a reasonably level playing field. They feel that if they overcame some challenges, then anyone can overcome anything. They call themselves 'positive' when we could just as easily say 'sheltered' or 'fortunate'.

For people who truly fall through the cracks, this website is pure gold. Yes, we may or may not make it out alive. We have to make big decisions rationally with troubled minds. But at least we have a resource where we can not only be understood, but inevitably form wonderful bonds with others who finally make us feel like we are not alone. And the world is ultimately a place where nobody makes it out alive.

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, patheticpartner, Shadowplay and 2 others