E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
In light of recent events, I am wondering what we are to do, if SS gets closed down.

This is the only community I am part if, but maybe some of you are active on other sites with similar content and respect for freedom of speech and thought.

Where can we find each other if the worst comes to pass?

• Love
Reactions: puppy9, disabledandhopeless, the-eternal and 5 others
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
Afaik this is the only pro choice forum with a decent amount of users about. I've heard of ctb forums on the darknet but don't know their addresses and haven't looked for them either.

Reactions: Skathon, not-2-b-the-answer and Epsilon0
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
AFAIK there are no other sites. Many of the world's desperate people come here eventually. And there will be more soon. Including people who would previously have campaigned for its removal. Everyone changes their mind when faced with reality.
It may go down. And it will come back up again in another form. Until the Internet is censored as they would wish it to be.

• Love
Reactions: charlottewilts, Inferdan, Taran and 2 others
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
AFAIK there are no other sites. Many of the world's desperate people come here eventually. And there will be more soon. Including people who would previously have campaigned for its removal. Everyone changes their mind when faced with reality.
It may go down. And it will come back up again in another form. Until the Internet is censored as they would wish it to be.

Another form? That's too vague.

So, this is it... it the site goes down, it's night night megathread for this community.

I am genuinly sorry, guys.

one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
So, this is it... it the site goes down, it's night night megathread for this community.

I prefer the Jim Jones way for it. Night Night seems like to much effort

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Epsilon0
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Another form? That's too vague.

I am genuinly sorry, guys.
There will always be a way. Where there is a need there is always a will to fulfil it. There was the dark Web site before this and the 8chan site too, though that was crap.
But all things fall eventually. Otherwise there would be no point in building them up.

Reactions: Epsilon0
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Prepare to be amused: I have no idea what the Dark Web is. I know very little about the internet in general.

Reactions: Inferdan and Deleted member 1465
the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.
Mar 8, 2020
It's part of the reason why I've been asking about the Discord

Reactions: KleinerWolf, xBrialesana, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Yeah there's Discord. I've never used it though despite being a gamer.
Prepare to be amused: I have no idea what the Dark Web is. I know very little about the internet in general.
Don't lol I could really mess with you here. :blarg: noooo I mustn't.

Reactions: Epsilon0
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Yeah there's Discord. I've never used it though despite being a gamer.

Don't lol I could really mess with you here. :blarg: noooo I mustn't.

Go ahead, make fun, I can take it!

I am actually not at all ashamed of my complete lack of knowledge when it comes to the internet. There are worse things in this world.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Go ahead, make fun, I can take it!

I am actually not at all ashamed of my complete lack of knowledge when it comes to the internet. There are worse things in this world.
True. I hate technology. I'm a slave to it like all of us and I despise it. Lol just read my Jehovahs witness reply.

Okay dark Web. Scroll to the bottom of this page and on the bottom left hit dark mode. Done. :blarg:

• Wow
Reactions: FusRohDracarys, Finis Autem Spero and Epsilon0
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
@Underscore
"Lol just read my Jehovahs witness reply."

Holocene, Malthusian, Toolmaker's paradox. A lesson in geology, archeology and anthropology.

Now that was way too good a reply considering the content of the op.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
@Underscore
"Lol just read my Jehovahs witness reply."

Holocene, Malthusian, Toolmaker's paradox. A lesson in geology, archeology and anthropology.

Now that was way too good a reply considering the content of the op.
Nah the six foot lizard people are really out to get us I'm just nuts. Have you tried the dark Web yet?

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Other than Discord, which I'm not a member of the only other place I can think of is Reddit … Time To Go.
There are so many restrictions. I was on the other day for the first time in a long time. You can talk about wanting to die but you can't post methods anymore.
You can't even tell someone that you "Hope" they find peace. It's considered telling them to CTB. (At least that was how I interpreted their new rules)
I understand the Mods not wanting the forum shut down like the original S.S. was, but I feel like you can get in trouble too easy.
It made me censor the word Bullshit. :angry:

Reactions: Shakespear's Brother and Epsilon0
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
as always, we encourage members to join the SS discord server when the website does go down here and there, so it's a place people can depend on and not feel alone when the site goes down.

other sites that some members including myself is suicideforum. same forum interface, chat, etc; however it isn't as pro-choice as it is here, and method discussion is discussed because the site has large prescence of minors and teenagers struggling. though, it's a really good place to go to when you need people to talk to and feel less alone.

hope this helps. if anyone wants to join the discord server, just message any of the mods.

take care.

Reactions: Sensei, Epsilon0, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Including people who would previously have campaigned for its removal.
I'd love to see a prolifer going "so, uh, I know I was a dick back when I was calling for banning you from existence and all that, but, uh, now I kinda need help... So, uh, can we like, be friends and forgive each other..?"

• Love
Reactions: Eurus and Inferdan
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
as always, we encourage members to join the SS discord server when the website does go down here and there, so it's a place people can depend on and not feel alone when the site goes down.

other sites that some members including myself is suicideforum. same forum interface, chat, etc; however it isn't as pro-choice as it is here, and method discussion is discussed because the site has large prescence of minors and teenagers struggling. though, it's a really good place to go to when you need people to talk to and feel less alone.

hope this helps. if anyone wants to join the discord server, just message any of the mods.

take care.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Inferdan

Inferdan

Meeting the first minor relapse after recovery
Nov 3, 2019
I'd love to see a prolifer going "so, uh, I know I was a dick back when I was calling for banning you from existence and all that, but, uh, now I kinda need help... So, uh, can we like, be friends and forgive each other..?"
Like dogs with their tails between their legs...we may or may not help, just don't expect any respect at all

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Sad, but probably true.

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Groups to look for:
- Deadly Serious / Peerly Human - Humanistic, pro-autonomy, peer chats to talk about pretty much anything
- 'Alternatives To Suicide' - Mostly New-England-based but happening on Zoom now, non-clinical, respects people's decisions / doesn't call crisis.

Other Media:
- "Hello Cruel World" is a book by author Kate Bornstein who also wrote a moving tribute to her friend who did CTB, in which she wrote:
"We think: if only I had just… and … if only I hadn't… and I should have seen it coming. My darling, she left because she felt she needed to leave. Please allow her that agency, and take comfort in knowing you were a beloved member of her tribe while she was alive."

- Let's Erase The Stigma is actively anti-institutionalization and offers a confidential Peer Crisis Line

- A bit off-topic but here's a twitter thread in which people are talking about suicide and being mostly anti-mandated-reporting, though there are some trolls and apologists mixed in: twitter.com/ashaxmatani/status/1280259901227442177

- The Absconding Archives is a platform that celebrates the stories of people making their own choices and escaping psychiatric intervention.

• Love
Reactions: nerve, not-2-b-the-answer, Saed and 3 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Groups to look for:
- Deadly Serious / Peerly Human - Humanistic, pro-autonomy, peer chats to talk about pretty much anything
- 'Alternatives To Suicide' - Mostly New-England-based but happening on Zoom now, non-clinical, respects people's decisions / doesn't call crisis.

Other Media:
- "Hello Cruel World" is a book by author Kate Bornstein who also wrote a moving tribute to her friend who did CTB, in which she wrote:
"We think: if only I had just… and … if only I hadn't… and I should have seen it coming. My darling, she left because she felt she needed to leave. Please allow her that agency, and take comfort in knowing you were a beloved member of her tribe while she was alive."

- Let's Erase The Stigma is actively anti-institutionalization and offers a confidential Peer Crisis Line

- A bit off-topic but here's a twitter thread in which people are talking about suicide and being mostly anti-mandated-reporting, though there are some trolls and apologists mixed in: twitter.com/ashaxmatani/status/1280259901227442177

- The Absconding Archives is a platform that celebrates the stories of people making their own choices and escaping psychiatric intervention.

To me, this was such a valuable post.

I shared the "Hello Cruel World" portion of your post on a couple of threads that address the opponents we did not choose for ourselves, and to whom we mean no harm. I'll likely be posting it on other threads as well. Just wanted to give you a heads-up. Here is where I've shared it so far:

With much compassion and respect to Shawn's family and others who have lost a loved one to suicide and seek to discharge that pain by battling us -- who are the same as those you loved, who like them do not seek to assault you or others in seeking release from suffering -- I share from my sincere and good heart this post by another member:
With much compassion and respect to Shawn's family and others who have lost a loved one to suicide and seek to discharge that pain by battling us -- who are the same as those you loved, who like them do not seek to assault you or others in seeking release from suffering -- I share from my sincere and good heart this post by another member:

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
I don't think their little Facebook group has anything on us if that's what you're referring to.

Funny enough, they say they have nothing to hide and yet they're keeping their group private. Seems quite secretive to me lol What are y'all hiding? C'mon, don't hide away from us. You's are watching us so, I mean...it's only fair to make it fair both ways ;)

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I don't think their little Facebook group has anything on us if that's what you're referring to.

Funny enough, they say they have nothing to hide and yet they're keeping their group private. Seems quite secretive to me lol What are y'all hiding? C'mon, don't hide away from us. You's are watching us so, I mean...it's only fair to make it fair both ways ;)

It's not just the Facebook group. There have also been news stories and a documentary about another member who passed, Callie Lewis. Such stories draw more fuel and support for their cause, yet also lead others who consider suicide to this site. There is the petition as well.

I have never visited the Facebook group page, but if I recally correctly, I think it's been metioned on this site before that they have previously gone private, I could be wrong. They're playing a war-like game. And they are not seeking fair play. They seek to conquer, oppress, and destroy, and they feel righteous and justified.

Yes, they read this site. The site owners choose to make posts public. As long as they are reading, I choose to speak to them with compassion and reason. I, too, lost a loved one to suicide and I understand much of what they have experienced and the need to feel empowered. I also have the perspective of having grown up with a father who was a death investigator, so I have both intimate and informed knowledge about a variety of perspectives: being scapegoated for another's suicide, feeling victimized by that person's act, feeling a loss of the illusion of control, how people respond to an act of suicide, and as a result of my healing before I ever considered the option for myself, the perspective in the other member's quote that I shared. I also came from a background of control and abuse, and I have studied that from multiple psychological and philosophical perspectives, and worked to stop trying to control others and instead have self-awareness and learn the value of having and recognizing boundaries and autonomy.

I am not afraid of the Facebook group, the petition, or the news stories. They are meant to engender strong emotions. I do not feel those emotions, because I know that emotional appeals are ploys, and that they are being used as weapons to try to undermine each member's right to choose for themselves, and to convince others to join in the fight against us and the site. I respond with acknowledgement, compassion, understanding, and vocal appeals stemming from those perspectives to pursue the outcomes I would like and which would not serve me personally but serve all. That is my choice, and I don't demand others do the same.

I understand and respect that when people feel poked, they want to poke back, perhaps even more. I feel poked by many things, but not by anything in this situation. I have been on both sides. I have felt righteous indignation and sought to destroy what I thought harmed me. I and my actions were wrong. With those actions, I hurt myself and others. If I am capable of growing in awareness and acceptance, then others may be capable, too. I don't hurt with them, because I don't benefit from that hurt, I've hurt enough from my own experiences; but I have deep compassion for myself and for each person on eiher side of the battle lines, and I strive to act from that so that healing can occur where it is possible, even if it is just for one person on the other side of the line they drew. It requires patience and love. None of what I offer may be accepted, but I already have for myself the healing, patience, and love, and so I am satisfied within myself. Everything else I do emanates from that, and it does not need to be accepted and returned, though I believe, based on my understanding of reciprocity and the needs of social human animals, that I and they would be even more strengthened if it were accepted and returned. These are my values, and I act from them, without demand or expectation that others on either side accept or do the same.

In closing, I don't want to derail this thread. I recognize I started it by quoting the other member and giving them a heads-up. I don't do PMs. In retrospect, perhaps it would have been wiser to post on their wall. I'll use this experience going forward to improve so that I don't cause derailings. @ceasetobreathe03 (and others), you're welcome to post on my wall if you'd like to discuss this further, or, of course, reply here according to your own discretion.

@Epsilon0, I apologize for taking the thread off track from your intended focus. From previous interactions on many other threads, I think you're likely okay with it, but please do say if you feel otherwise.

Much respect to all who've participated on this thread and to those who read it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AJ., omoidarui, puppy9 and 2 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
This subject has been a point of debate and contention since I've joined. I can assure you guys that this place isn't going anywhere unless the founders abandon it.

I have many solid/valid reasons for why I'm sure of this, but I care not to elaborate for a few reasons.

Reactions: puppy9, Skathon and AnxietyAttack44