L

Louise Payne

Sep 13, 2023
I keep oscillating between bouts of crying.... and then feeling numb.
I still am carrying responsibilities at work, at family and at my place / location of faith.
So I slap on a smile ... and feel like a fraud.

Anyone going through this also?

I am new here, so if any admin / moderator feel I am posting inappropriately, please correct me.

Thank you to our community. 🙏🏻

• Hugs
Reactions: SlowlyFalling, d3j3ct3dl0s3r05 and ChronicallyCynical
ChronicallyCynical

ChronicallyCynical

Natural pessimist, born quitter.
Sep 9, 2023
You may just be trying to fit into a society that doesn't really accept struggling people as much as they act like they do. I smile reflexively, also, when talking to people. It feels horrible to lie, but it doesn't even feel like a choice.

I don't know if you've tried talking to a mental health professional, but if one's accessible to you, they might be figure out what's up and how to resolve that. If not, there might be some suggestions in the recovery section, or lifestyle/diet adjustments you can make... but all of this is just a treatment, and even that might not work. I can't guarantee any cure, much as I would love to.

If that's not the route you wish to risk/take, that's perfectly valid though. Regardless of what you choose to do about this, I do hope you'll find some release from the emotional pain/emptiness.

• Love
Reactions: Louise Payne
L

Louise Payne

Sep 13, 2023
You may just be trying to fit into a society that doesn't really accept struggling people as much as they act like they do. I smile reflexively, also, when talking to people. It feels horrible to lie, but it doesn't even feel like a choice.

I don't know if you've tried talking to a mental health professional, but if one's accessible to you, they might be figure out what's up and how to resolve that. If not, there might be some suggestions in the recovery section, or lifestyle/diet adjustments you can make... but all of this is just a treatment, and even that might not work. I can't guarantee any cure, much as I would love to.

If that's not the route you wish to risk/take, that's perfectly valid though. Regardless of what you choose to do about this, I do hope you'll find some release from the emotional pain/emptiness.
Thank you so very much for your kind reply. Yes, I did look for some health care resources in my country. Will definitely check it out. 🙏🏻