Do your CTB plan includes organ donation?

• Yes

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • I did think about it but no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I didn't think about it

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I don't want my organs to be given

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • The question is ill formed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The question is irelevant

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I don't care about that

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

TW She/Her
Aug 9, 2020
I wonder if some of you have planed to give their organs in their ctb plan and how. If I ever ctb which is not planned for a near future, I'd really like to have a plan which would allow my organs to be donated quickly.

MiseryLovesMyCompany

MiseryLovesMyCompany

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
It would be impossible. Your organs should be harvested really soon after you die.
Also, by using SN or train there won't be much to harvest.

Reactions: elfgyoza and 141592653
Nephthys22

Nephthys22

Aug 16, 2020
I dont think SN would allow for organ donation.

Reactions: MiseryLovesMyCompany and 141592653

TW She/Her
Aug 9, 2020
I don't wanna do SN, more like shoot in the head and call for rescue just before, put my organ donation next to me so they can get them really quick (not my idea though, I can't get credited for that). I agree SN ruins organs so SN makes it impossible.

justpeachy

justpeachy

I’m haunted by the bottle & death on my breath.
Sep 6, 2020
They are really picky about what they take. My cousin who was 18 and suicided with a gun to head was able to donate his corneas, skin, and a few other parts. If you are older though they likely won't take much.

Reactions: 141592653

TW She/Her
Aug 9, 2020
They are really picky about what they take. My cousin who was 18 and suicided with a gun to head was able to donate his corneas, skin, and a few other parts. If you are older though they likely won't take much.

OK thank you for sharing this. I get that but they need a lot of organs. I'm 24 and healthy + universal donator (O+). Maybe some meds could prevent the donation though. I should stop taking medication long before killing me then...

deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
I think this is selfish but I don't want anything from my body to stay alive and functioning, I can't explain, I just want everything that once belonged to me to be destroyed

Reactions: HaleyWayMCR and 141592653

TW She/Her
Aug 9, 2020
I think this is selfish but I don't want anything from my body to stay alive and functioning, I can't explain, I just want everything that once belonged to me to be destroyed
I think this is totally understandable. I'm interested in all viewpoints about organ donation and suicide and your point is really good. Who knows? Maybe if our organs live we continue living, there is no evidence against that (nor proof that confirms it either btw)

justpeachy

justpeachy

Sep 6, 2020
OK thank you for sharing this. I get that but they need a lot of organs. I'm 24 and healthy + universal donator (O+). Maybe some meds could prevent the donation though. I should stop taking medication long before killing me then...
It likely won't matter if you don't take them for weeks or months. It's in your medical history. It's worth still being an organ donator imo and i personally am too but just be aware that they don't take much and are very very very selective. i work in the emergency department so i often see donation and i would say only like 1-2 out of every 10 to 20 ppl we get deceased can even donate. you'd have to be found alive too. if you are found dead they will not take anything as they leave you on life support while harvesting.

TW She/Her
Aug 9, 2020
It likely won't matter if you don't take them for weeks or months. It's in your medical history. It's worth still being an organ donator imo and i personally am too but just be aware that they don't take much and are very very very selective. i work in the emergency department so i often see donation and i would say only like 1-2 out of every 10 to 20 ppl we get deceased can even donate. you'd have to be found alive too. if you are found dead they will not take anything as they leave you on life support while harvesting.
OK thank you that really helps. I def don't want to be found alive for obvious reasons so I get that it seems more and more pointless. I do believe you're right when you say it's worth being an organ donator cauz even if they don't take anything, they at least have the chance to do it.

• Love
Reactions: justpeachy
justpeachy

justpeachy

Sep 6, 2020
OK thank you that really helps. I def don't want to be found alive for obvious reasons so I get that it seems more and more pointless. I do believe you're right when you say it's worth being an organ donator cauz even if they don't take anything, they at least have the chance to do it.
yeah i would definitely never tell someone don't be one bc i think it's an amazing thing and selfless thing to do but most ppl aren't really aware how it works and how stringent they are in the us at least.

and to me even helping one burn victim or one blind person see again would be worth it.

• Love
Choronzon

Choronzon

Sep 23, 2020
In Canada at least, you pretty much have to die in the hospital for your organs to be harvested. Most organ donors do not end up having their organs used.

However, you could consider donating your body for medical training or research. Usually you arrange this with a nearby university, and each one will have its own setup to get you on file as a donor. You can be both an organ donor and a body donor, though after you die, your body will only be used for one or the other.

If you kill yourself with something really poisonous like cyanide, they won't use it, since it can be dangerous even to handle your remains. However I think you would have a shot with the body donation route as long as it's something like traumatic injury or asphyxiation. I plan to use nitrogen, myself.