P

pringle6066

Jul 15, 2020
See title. Trying to figure out where I should hang to maximize my chance of success and minimize the elements my remains will be exposed to (sunlight, water, animals, etc.)

There's a few parking garages and parks nearby which may be my best shot, but those are still not ideal. Any examples of where successful hangings took place (ideally with as little damage to remains as possible) would be appreciated, as well as your experience with hanging.

Rünomai

Rünomai

Neurodivergent
Aug 15, 2020
If you are devoted to not being found, then I recommend a forest of some sort. The suicide forest is notorious for their suicides -- hence its name, suicide forest -- and I believe that the reason ancillary to that is the density and depth of the forest, which is somewhat of a deterrent for people to enter lest they get lost. However, if you are determined, getting lost can be either a good or bad signification depending on the circumstance.

For instance, if you're lost because you are no longer on a trail -- assuming you entered via a trail -- and yet you don't know how far you are from the trail, you might find yourself unwilling to commit; you realistically could be nearby a human capillary that is not visible to you due to the lack of human activity and the trail's camouflage with the forest's ground. But -- again, assuming you entered the forest via a trail -- if you entered the forest with a rough layout of where specific watersheds and trails are, and you're lost because of your immense divergence from what is visible on the map, and your view of the outside of the forest is shielded by trees, you are probably in a spot in which you will not be found.

In order to maximize the unlikelihood of being found, doing this at night is probably ideal. Moreover, I would, as mentioned about above, enter the forest with a rough layout of where you are, where the watersheds/trails are, and where the most densely packed aggregation of trees are; I wouldn't enter blindly.

P

pringle6066

Jul 15, 2020
If you are devoted to not being found, then I recommend a forest of some sort. The suicide forest is notorious for their suicides -- hence its name, suicide forest -- and I believe that the reason ancillary to that is the density and depth of the forest, which is somewhat of a deterrent for people to enter lest they get lost. However, if you are determined, getting lost can be either a good or bad signification depending on the circumstance.

For instance, if you're lost because you are no longer on a trail -- assuming you entered via a trail -- and yet you don't know how far you are from the trail, you might find yourself unwilling to commit; you realistically could be nearby a human capillary that is not visible to you due to the lack of human activity and the trail's camouflage with the forest's ground. But -- again, assuming you entered the forest via a trail -- if you entered the forest with a rough layout of where specific watersheds and trails are, and you're lost because of your immense divergence from what is visible on the map, and your view of the outside of the forest is shielded by trees, you are probably in a spot in which you will not be found.

In order to maximize the unlikelihood of being found, doing this at night is probably ideal. Moreover, I would, as mentioned about above, enter the forest with a rough layout of where you are, where the watersheds/trails are, and where the most densely packed aggregation of trees are; I wouldn't enter blindly.
A few problems with that though:
1. I live in southern Arizona, so there are few if any forests nearby.
2. While a dense forest would help my chance of success (isolation, response time), my other worry is the damage to my remains, and I'd rather not leave myself to be an open buffet for every animal or insect that finds me.

I'm looking for somewhere that is both isolated and away from the elements, particularly the sun and insects/animals. That's why my first idea was a parking garage, but the one I have in mind doesn't seem to have support structures that would hold my weight (it's mostly just metal pipes in the ceiling).

ExitStageLeft

ExitStageLeft

Experienced
Mar 7, 2020
A hotel room.

Reactions: lostangel and pringle6066
P

pringle6066

Jul 15, 2020
Have you tried checking bridges?
that was my initial plan, but again, exposed to the elements.
A hotel room.
That's actually what I've landed on since posting. Isolated, protected from elements, etc. I'd feel bad letting somebody working there find me, but I can probably figure something better out.

Reactions: Xiaomi
TheSoundofTime

TheSoundofTime

In time you will find peace...
Aug 9, 2020
Search for a house to rent for a weekend. Look through pictures with where it could be possible to attach the rope. Make the move at midnight before the cleaner comes in the morning.
At least that what I would do

Reactions: pringle6066
ExitStageLeft

ExitStageLeft

Experienced
Mar 7, 2020
That's actually what I've landed on since posting. Isolated, protected from elements, etc. I'd feel bad letting somebody working there find me, but I can probably figure something better out.

Do it late at night and tape a note on the door warning the cleaning crew that your body will be there.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
A few problems with that though:
1. I live in southern Arizona, so there are few if any forests nearby.
2. While a dense forest would help my chance of success (isolation, response time), my other worry is the damage to my remains, and I'd rather not leave myself to be an open buffet for every animal or insect that finds me.

I'm looking for somewhere that is both isolated and away from the elements, particularly the sun and insects/animals. That's why my first idea was a parking garage, but the one I have in mind doesn't seem to have support structures that would hold my weight (it's mostly just metal pipes in the ceiling).
Those pipes in a parking garage should be sprinkler lines or drain lines. They sould be strong enough to hold you. Toss a rope over one and see if it will hold your weight. Check for security cameras first.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I would check what is around your area as far as nature areas. I suppose Arizona might make that hard, but there must be somewhere pretty to die, and all we really need is a strong tree.