_battered_butterfly_

_battered_butterfly_

PaperDoll_EasilyTorn
Mar 5, 2021
So... Is it just me ...
or does anyone else have the OPPOSITE effect when it comes to some meds?

Example, most histamine affecting medications are listed as allergies on my medication list, because they are stimulating, rather than sedating to me. They're stimulating to the point that I feel like I'm crawling out of my skin, like I want to literally cut my skin off, and I won't be able to sleep for several days.
Benadryl.
Olanzapine...
Seroquel...
Compazine...
They all have similar methods of action, and they all make me Wide Awake ... & tweaky.

Opiates make me feel totally out of my mind. Highhhh.
Sometimes I wonder what heroin would do to me. Think I would talk Non-Stop and be awake several days VS crashing like most.

And that is exactly what any pain relieving prescribed opiate has ever done for me. Mania. No sleep Talk your head off.

Currently... I'm prescribed benzos for anxiety. I have a fast acting, longer duration Klonopin, and a fast-acting shorter-duration Ativan. I took three Ativan, and 3 klonopin, (yes naughty me) along with two of my blood pressure pills, and 1 beer...
Yes a beer

I was hoping to just get knocked out... as I've been having such a hard time sleeping.
... And I am wound for sound INSTEAD. What kind of hell is this?!

I cannot sleep for the life of me.

I was honestly debating at this point in time ... If melatonin would help... but they don't even do anything for me anymore, usually.

Also
... I haven't been taking benzos for Anxiety for that long.
Like one month on and one month off ... and I rarely used Ativan when I was prescribed it alone
... now I am BACK on Ativan AND Klonopin... and just started taking both of them a few weeks ago. There is no way I have a tolerance.

I don't even use them regularly... And Only the first two days of use were they actuallllly sedating and helped me with my anxiety,

now it's like the exact opposite happens.
Same with Olanzapine which we tried a month ago (but it was a nightmare. Wanted to filet my skin off)

I know I shouldn't have taken as many as I took tonight, 3 of each

... but it really is quite interesting to note that I'm completely Restless on this combination of Ativan and Klonopin. Like restless leg syndrome, can't sleep, Wide Awake. Feel like I could binge watch Netflix all night... Well. Morning

*sigh*

I wish friggin Delta 8 or Cannabis would work for me to help me relax

Any medications you seem to have an opposite reaction to?
Anything that's supposed to be stimulating, sedate you? I have that effect from coffee as well! Coffee is very sedating for me, and will put me to sleep.

Too bad I don't have any!!!

Last edited:
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Anti depressants either made me more suicidal than i already was or did literally nothing.

_battered_butterfly_

_battered_butterfly_

PaperDoll_EasilyTorn
Mar 5, 2021
Anti depressants either made me more suicidal than i already was or did literally nothing.
same here ...

with nearly ALLL I have tried.. exception being one formulation of Effexor By zydus Pharmaceuticals.

It worked really well for me for several months, until they went messing with my medications and added another serotonin affecting medication, BUSPAR... which caused me serotonin syndrome, because they combined it with sumatriptan for my migraines and Zofran for nausea.

All those affect serotonin and I got really bad serotonin syndrome... started having seizures and nearly died.

Now NO antidepressant medication is working for me. It's just been a downhill spiral since August of last year.

But even before that, I had been trying different antidepressants since 2016 ... with no luck.

CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
It's actually a statistics thing. I learned about it in school.

You have a bell curve or something and for all the people that receive positive effects there are some that receive the exact negative effects they are trying to avoid, in all things.

• Wow
Reactions: _battered_butterfly_
_battered_butterfly_

_battered_butterfly_

PaperDoll_EasilyTorn
Mar 5, 2021
It's actually a statistics thing. I learned about it in school.

You have a bell curve or something and for all the people that receive positive effects there are some that receive the exact negative effects they are trying to avoid, in all things.
Wow. Sounds about right... Sums up my life
... Lol...