1964dodge

Student
Sep 19, 2018
I just read an msn article slamming opioid prescriptions yet again, and it's almost impossible to complain, I tried. first I want to say i'm not against anyone that uses dugs or if anyone feels that they need to ctb. but chronic pain patients need their pain meds to function and survive. the government and media don't differentiate between recreational user and pain patient. most pain patients are responsible and never abuse meds and I've been on opioids for almost 20 years. I have been reduced by about 70% and I can barely function now. a lot of people can't even get them anymore . most pain patients don't want to die, they just cant live with the pain anymore. I hope these people suffer in hell for all eternity for making people suffer for no reason. and someone posted here that the government is doing this on purpose to get people off disability, at first I thought this was crazy . but now? if I ever do ctb I will leave a long note blaming the cdc and certain members of the media for all the lies and misinformation. does anyone here suffer uncontrolled chronic pain?

Reactions: Mbound, Halo13 and Pilum Muralis
Pilum Muralis

Pilum Muralis

“We'll never be as young as we are tonight.”
Jul 2, 2019
I always feel like some druggie when I have to ask.
I have yet to go to a GP that will prescribe opioids without begging and pleading (and having an MRI). They can, but they just don't want the responsibility. The last state I was living in, they took away the ability for anyone other than an MD, to prescribe schedule II medications.
Doctors typically send you to Pain Management, where again, you have to jump through hoops. My PM doctor prescribes pain meds for me, but I'm sure it's only because I've pretty much exhausted everything else. I have a spinal cord stimulator, but doesn't work. If I didn't, I'm sure he would be pressuring me to get one.
Honestly, I'd rather be addicted to these wicked opioids they're "protecting" me from, than deal with the pain and humiliation on a day to day basis. They have to know how much pain affects your mental state. I had depression for years, but it was manageable without meds. Now I'm feeling like garbage, and I don't know if it's something more than just depression now, with these mood swings and how my brains working lately. Crying one minute, yelling and throwing stuff the next.
I'm going to make an appointment with my GP , and hopefully get some help. I hate this.

Reactions: Halo13 and 1964dodge

1964dodge

Student
Sep 19, 2018
I always feel like some druggie when I have to ask.
I have yet to go to a GP that will prescribe opioids without begging and pleading (and having an MRI). They can, but they just don't want the responsibility. The last state I was living in, they took away the ability for anyone other than an MD, to prescribe schedule II medications.
Doctors typically send you to Pain Management, where again, you have to jump through hoops. My PM doctor prescribes pain meds for me, but I'm sure it's only because I've pretty much exhausted everything else. I have a spinal cord stimulator, but doesn't work. If I didn't, I'm sure he would be pressuring me to get one.
Honestly, I'd rather be addicted to these wicked opioids they're "protecting" me from, than deal with the pain and humiliation on a day to day basis. They have to know how much pain affects your mental state. I had depression for years, but it was manageable without meds. Now I'm feeling like garbage, and I don't know if it's something more than just depression now, with these mood swings and how my brains working lately. Crying one minute, yelling and throwing stuff the next.
I'm going to make an appointment with my GP , and hopefully get some help. I hate this.
I am one of the lucky ones even though my pain meds got reduced drastically, some people can't even get them, hence all the suicides. my doctor sent me to a pain clinic which was a nightmare then after a year I begged my doctor to prescribe again and he did. I still live at a high pain level but I can tolerate the level so far. and my doctor finally agreed to medical marijuana which I take in the evening along with my other pain meds . it drops my pain down around 2 points for 5 or 6 hours which is a huge help to me

• Hugs
Reactions: Halo13
Pilum Muralis

Pilum Muralis

“We'll never be as young as we are tonight.”
Jul 2, 2019
I wish they would flat out legalize marijuana in my state. There is one medical marijuana clinic, and just the consultation fee is $300. Then there's the cost for one month of marijuana, then when you need more, you have to pay for another consultation. It's a racket!
There was a Cannabis shop, that only sold hemp-based cbd products, raided by local police recently. They even hassle stuff that's legal.
People who abide by the laws are the only people being punished. :notsure:

Reactions: 1964dodge

1964dodge

Student
Sep 19, 2018
I wish they would flat out legalize marijuana in my state. There is one medical marijuana clinic, and just the consultation fee is $300. Then there's the cost for one month of marijuana, then when you need more, you have to pay for another consultation. It's a racket!
There was a Cannabis shop, that only sold hemp-based cbd products, raided by local police recently. They even hassle stuff that's legal.
People who abide by the laws are the only people being punished. :notsure:
they have doctors that all they do is give medical cards and it's $250 once a year in my state but you can also get it for nothing from your doctor