• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

lovelyheartz

lovelyheartz

Let me leave, please, please...
Jun 15, 2021

Personally, I don't think life is worth living even if it gets easier. Just seems really terrible. I don't want to live with this shit.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Promortalist_, demuic, _Minsk and 9 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
It does get easier as you gain life experience. "Better" and "worse" are not terms to work with because on closer inspection they don't actually mean anything.

Reactions: _Minsk and lovelyheartz
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, sometimes we can find coping mechanisms to make our lives more bearable. I agree with what you said, it doesn't automatically make life worth living. For many people, life just gets harder. For me over time I have became more tired of dealing with my problems and more worn down as each year has passed. You don't always cope better over time, you often just get more exhausted by it as you have been dealing with it for longer.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, _Minsk, Journeytoletgo and 3 others
D

dreamlessnight

Jun 20, 2021
"Easier"? Ever heard of these dogs and learned helplessness? This article feels like projecting a single case on an imaginary group of like-minded people. Isolation is one hell of a drug. May they find peace at last.

Reactions: _Minsk, DeathWish77 and Mistake of Nature
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
This article feels like projecting a single case on an imaginary group of like-minded people.
Not so much like-minded as like-experienced. The notion that life gets easier is entirely about reviewing experience, not about theorising about what could be.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist and dreamlessnight
D

dreamlessnight

Jun 20, 2021
I see, thanks for the quick reply. It feels like a bad joke, people jever getting a happy life but going through the motions to the point they know the script by heart. And it doesn't break the cycle as movies show us, just makes the whole thing predictable.

Reactions: lovelyheartz
lovelyheartz

lovelyheartz

Let me leave, please, please...
Jun 15, 2021
It does get easier as you gain life experience. "Better" and "worse" are not terms to work with because on closer inspection they don't actually mean anything.
Can you explain how "better" and "worse" don't mean anything? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just kind of curious.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Can you explain how "better" and "worse" don't mean anything? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just kind of curious.
When making comparisons, you need to compare apples to apples. Is my life at 28 better or worse than it was at 18? I can't say, because I was a completely different person. My circumstances were different. My outlook was different. My experience was different. My values, priorities and expectations were different. Some things can be compared between now and then and some things cannot.

I'm better equipped to deal with the challenges of life at 28 than I was at 18. Therefore I can say that my life has become easier now compared to then. This can be defined and measured with some objectivity. But has it become "better"? I measure goodness by entirely different variables now than I did then. Whether the old me thought life was good by the old measures is irrelevant to the current me who thinks and feels in dimensions that the old me didn't even know existed. The old me and the current me would disagree on the basic definitions. It's not meaningful to compare two different "betters".

Last edited:
Reactions: DivineMedicus, Null Hypothesis, Sprite_Geist and 1 other person
F

fly away

It’s enough
Oct 28, 2020
Some people don't get better no matter how hard they try, even with all resources available. And as you get older, it gets much harder. Both mentally and physically.

Reactions: DivineMedicus, demuic, BrokenArrow and 3 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Thanks for sharing. I only skimmed, but if I lived like OP of the article, I would have CTB long, long, ago. Who the fuck would want to live a life like that?

Reactions: one.way.out, ithappens and Beached_whale
Bullit

Bullit

Mage
May 6, 2021
I want my three minutes back; there is nothing to be gleaned from this article.

• Yay!
Reactions: kovkay and Alwaysbadtime
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
How does life get even remotely easier? If anything it technically gets harder as you age.

Reactions: demuic, Null Hypothesis, ncmxm and 4 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
How does life get even remotely easier? If anything it technically gets harder as you age.
You're supposed to accumulate resources and life experience over time. If you don't do that then yes, life will stay as hostile and inscrutable as it was when you were a kid, except you also have to deal with your body falling apart.

Reactions: one.way.out, Celerity and Apep
S

suisuiforum

Experienced
Jul 4, 2021
Being dead seems to be the easiest once you overcome that initial hurdle.

Reactions: Celerity and _Minsk
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
For poor people it only gets harder and worse.

Reactions: Celerity