RomaineLettuce

RomaineLettuce

only 8 calories per cup
Jan 22, 2023
i've recently gotten back into the star wars franchise due to reading the thrawn trilogy (canon one) and was wondering how many other people on this forum enjoy star wars.
i think i kind of fell out of love w/ a lot of star wars content b/c i wasn't the biggest fan of the new sequel trilogy.

was just wondering if you enjoy any star wars content and if so from what era? canon or EU?
or any other general opinions the franchise are fine as well

Reactions: Hikikomori1 and Nervosomnifer
Nervosomnifer

Nervosomnifer

I wish I wasn't born a linear human
Jul 6, 2023
i've recently gotten back into the star wars franchise due to reading the thrawn trilogy (canon one) and was wondering how many other people on this forum enjoy star wars.
i think i kind of fell out of love w/ a lot of star wars content b/c i wasn't the biggest fan of the new sequel trilogy.

was just wondering if you enjoy any star wars content and if so from what era? canon or EU?
or any other general opinions the franchise are fine as well
I enjoy the old republic era. Played through kotor 1 and kotor 2, read knights of the old republic comic and played swtor as well. The idea of neverending war where two equally despicable factions fight each other, ruining immense multitude of lives.. and all of it in the setting where psionics, "Force" exists and influences the universe seems quite interesting

I also like how kotor games, especially the second one managed to convey the tension of the situation. The atmosphere in that specific game is amazing. Games are the reason why I chose this particular era as my favourite one

RomaineLettuce

RomaineLettuce

only 8 calories per cup
Jan 22, 2023
I enjoy the old republic era. Played through kotor 1 and kotor 2, read knights of the old republic comic and played swtor as well. The idea of neverending war where two equally despicable factions fight each other, ruining immense multitude of lives.. and all of it in the setting where psionics, "Force" exists and influences the universe seems quite interesting

I also like how kotor games, especially the second one managed to convey the tension of the situation. The atmosphere in that specific game is amazing. Games are the reason why I chose this particular era as my favourite one
i've only played through kotor 1 which i immensely enjoyed.
the choices in the game felt very real and i was very attached to both my crew and the Ebon Hawk by the end of game.
malak too was a very formidable foe.

Nervosomnifer

Nervosomnifer

I wish I wasn't born a linear human
Jul 6, 2023
i've only played through kotor 1 which i immensely enjoyed.
the choices in the game felt very real and i was very attached to both my crew and the Ebon Hawk by the end of game.
malak too was a very formidable foe.
The second game has a setting of "the lone survivor" type. The galaxy is at silent war, hidden sith order tries to eliminate the last jedi..whom they believe to be the player - exile, while the Republic crumbles and experience, basically, the great depression of its own, since the war of Revan really depleted it of a lot of resources...while the Rvean himself after his canonical victory over the Malak..fled to unknown regions...and never returned. And developers really managed to portray the crisis in game quite well. And yeah, you also encounter various old allies of Revan that become your companions on the old and rough but still sturdy Ebon Hawk. Really recommend it!

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I am a huge Star Wars fan. I have seen the original trilogy (re-release), prequel trilogy, and sequel trilogy at the cinemas. I have not seen the Mandolorian series yet, but I enjoyed the Obi-Wan Kenobi series. It was cool to see Ewan and Hayden again and the little girl who played young Leia was fantastic. Rouge One is still the best of the newer movies for me. I am looking forward to The Acolyte, which will explore the history of the Jedi and the Sith faction. I think that should be interesting. Disney is a bit of a hit-and-miss with the franchise but they still pull out a few gems now and then :wink: Oh and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is an amazing game that I highly recommend.

RomaineLettuce

RomaineLettuce

only 8 calories per cup
Jan 22, 2023
The second game has a setting of "the lone survivor" type. The galaxy is at silent war, hidden sith order tries to eliminate the last jedi..whom they believe to be the player - exile, while the Republic crumbles and experience, basically, the great depression of its own, since the war of Revan really depleted it of a lot of resources...while the Rvean himself after his canonical victory over the Malak..fled to unknown regions...and never returned. And developers really managed to portray the crisis in game quite well. And yeah, you also encounter various old allies of Revan that become your companions on the old and rough but still sturdy Ebon Hawk. Really recommend it!
ah, that sounds fun. i have kotor 2 in my steam library just havent played much.
after kotor 1, i played a bit through the tutorial area and then life happened
and i didn't pick up the game again.

the way you described the game sounds very interesting
and i should def pick the game back up
glad to hear abt seeing old allies again

I am a huge Star Wars fan. I have seen the original trilogy (re-release), prequel trilogy, and sequel trilogy at the cinemas. I have not seen the Mandolorian series yet, but I enjoyed the Obi-Wan Kenobi series. It was cool to see Ewan and Hayden again and the little girl who played young Leia was fantastic. Rouge One is still the best of the newer movies for me. I am looking forward to The Acolyte, which will explore the history of the Jedi and the Sith faction. I think that should be interesting. Disney is a bit of a hit-and-miss with the franchise but they still pull out a few gems now and then :wink: Oh and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is an amazing game that I highly recommend.
if you couldn't tell, im a fan of star wars as well lol
i saw the sequels and re-releases of the original trilogy in theaters.
i would recommend the mandalorian but the writing has gotten more shakey as the seasons progressed.

i had mixed feelings abt the obi-wan series but i do agree it was cool seeing them together again.
i enjoyed the first fight between vader and obiwan (in ep 2 i believe)
def my fav scene

rogue one was overall good though idk how to feel abt the CGI Tarkin and Leia
and i haven't heard much abt Acolyte

i think out of the live-action stuff i'm cautiously optimistic abt the Ahsoka show
having read the canon thrawn trilogy and having just finished rebels, it was interesting to see her character again
the show is also where thrawn will appear for the first time in live-action and i'm hoping they do his character justice b/c rebels handled him weird
there is a little bit of a disconnect between him in that show and the books.

i've actually played jedi fallen order and got through the main story
i should probably replay though, it was a fun game
i've too been excited to try jedi: survivor but i'm waiting until more patches come out

i agree w/ you on the disney stuff lol
idk if you've heard abt Andor or have watched the show
i think it's some of (if not) the best piece of star wars media that disney has put out
very excited abt season 2

Reactions: Lost Magic and Nervosomnifer
A

ares0027

Apr 11, 2023
Never watched it, hate the hype, will never watch it.

T

Twntysix

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
Aug 26, 2021
I only watched Andor and The Mandalorian hhehehehehe 😅✌️ maybe later i'll watch the og star wars that had the main character like luke, leia, anakin etc.

Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
I gave up on Disney Star Wars after the Obi-Wan show i felt so insulted by that.

I will however never stop loving George Lucas Star Wars episodes 1-6 and the old canon.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
ah, that sounds fun. i have kotor 2 in my steam library just havent played much.
after kotor 1, i played a bit through the tutorial area and then life happened
and i didn't pick up the game again.

the way you described the game sounds very interesting
and i should def pick the game back up
glad to hear abt seeing old allies again

if you couldn't tell, im a fan of star wars as well lol
i saw the sequels and re-releases of the original trilogy in theaters.
i would recommend the mandalorian but the writing has gotten more shakey as the seasons progressed.

i had mixed feelings abt the obi-wan series but i do agree it was cool seeing them together again.
i enjoyed the first fight between vader and obiwan (in ep 2 i believe)
def my fav scene

rogue one was overall good though idk how to feel abt the CGI Tarkin and Leia
and i haven't heard much abt Acolyte

i think out of the live-action stuff i'm cautiously optimistic abt the Ahsoka show
having read the canon thrawn trilogy and having just finished rebels, it was interesting to see her character again
the show is also where thrawn will appear for the first time in live-action and i'm hoping they do his character justice b/c rebels handled him weird
there is a little bit of a disconnect between him in that show and the books.

i've actually played jedi fallen order and got through the main story
i should probably replay though, it was a fun game
i've too been excited to try jedi: survivor but i'm waiting until more patches come out

i agree w/ you on the disney stuff lol
idk if you've heard abt Andor or have watched the show
i think it's some of (if not) the best piece of star wars media that disney has put out
very excited abt season 2
You made some good points there about the series as a whole. I tried to watch Andor but it bored me to tears tbh. Disney is definitely a hit or miss when it comes to Star Wars, but I guess there is something there to suit everybody's tastes.

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I like the original trilogy, all the rest has been meh