• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Reapentence

Reapentence

Feb 28, 2019
Media is being censored across the world. Reddit used to be a platform where one could post/discuss anything anonymously. Now it's becoming like Instagram and Facebook.

Last edited:
Reactions: thishappened, ithappens, Manaaja and 8 others
lemmeeleev

lemmeeleev

Still here
Nov 29, 2018
The only place you can discussing absolutely anything you want freely is on a piece of paper, then burn it so no one knows what you wrote (the anonymous part). We need a place we can discuss and share absolutely anything 100% free of censorship and anonymous so it's actually free. I think they shouldn't have banned it because they say free speech, but it is their website and they will do as they please with it.

Reactions: Manaaja, Severen, RottenOdysseus and 5 others
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
I thought it was still there but all well. I knew it wasn't go to last though. Most of the content comes from gore sites anyway like YNC, Bestgore, Liveleak, goregrish, deathaddict, etc.

Reactions: Norest4thewicked, fisil, lemmeeleev and 1 other person
F

fisil

Arcanist
Mar 9, 2019
I think this is awesome mega cool

Reactions: Circles and lemmeeleev
Umbra

Umbra

Trans Girl
Mar 15, 2019
Damn, I actually enjoyed the former. I'm actually surprised it stayed on Reddit for how long it did though. I think you shouldn't be denied content just because someone disagrees with it being there. Not to mention the two subs are very explicit in what content they provide, if you go to r/gore or r/watchpeopledie you know exactly what you're going to be seeing. With this in mind why should they be removed? Alas, many sites; especially mainstream, will always feel the need to censor everything that is deemed too "extreme."

Reactions: lemmeeleev and Taylored
Your Own Ghost

Your Own Ghost

Human
Mar 12, 2019
It's because of advertising money. Most of the censorship you see on the internet is because of advertising money. Advertising companies are afraid of being affiliated with offensive content, and in turn you have sites also taking preemptive measures to attract those advertising companies – especially if they want to expand.

As far as Reddit goes, there's a ton that goes on behind the scenes. It's a propaganda machine. And even if they say something about those subreddits not aligning with their ethics and values, what they really mean is money.

Reactions: Severen, RottenOdysseus, Sundayafternoon and 2 others
Umbra

Umbra

Trans Girl
Mar 15, 2019
It's because of advertising money. Most of the censorship you see on the internet is because of advertising money. Advertising companies are afraid of being affiliated with offensive content, and in turn you have sites also taking preemptive measures to attract those advertising companies – especially if they want to expand.

As far as Reddit goes, there's a ton that goes on behind the scenes. It's a propaganda machine. And even if they say something about those subreddits not aligning with their ethics and values, what they really mean is money.

Ah, I should've thought about that. I once used a site that publicly stated that certain content had to be removed because they were in danger of losing most of their advertisements.

Reactions: Your Own Ghost and lemmeeleev
RottenOdysseus

RottenOdysseus

θᾰ́νᾰτος
Feb 25, 2019
I wish the internet went back to how it was in the 2000s. Maybe I am just looking back with rose tinted glasses but the internet seemed much more fun and chill and less censored back then. Now all people do is argue over dumb shit and push ads.

Reactions: ithappens, Severen, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
Dracovern

Dracovern

Mar 14, 2019
I wish the internet went back to how it was in the 2000s. Maybe I am just looking back with rose tinted glasses but the internet seemed much more fun and chill and less censored back then. Now all people do is argue over dumb shit and push ads.
It's because "normies/sheep/whatever else you call non-nerds" weren't invested into it.

I feel this picture explains it best to what happened to the internet. I was around back then and remember a different place, if you take something like 4chan for example you'll know that for the most part it was really never good but after so many of the so called normies heard about it on social media like twitter and facebook and memes they saw it as the new way to be edgy and cool.

The best way to keep a community on the internet strong and "fun and chill" like you remember it is to increase the difficulty of access as much as possible without compromising too many others. Most of the people who ruined the internet for everyone are just people that are unable to even google their issues, I don't consider myself tech savy in the absolute slightest but I can still research and put effort into what I do and accomplish things online. You put that barrier of work that requires some level of intellect to do and you'll have yourself a good community that brings content rather than just 99% shitposting because shit posters dont bring content and dont want to do work so they wont bother even attempting to join the community, which is what most computers requires at least some level of effort back in the 90's and early 2000's.

Attachments

• 1540909510978.jpg
    1540909510978.jpg
    482.4 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: Severen and lemmeeleev
GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
I completely agree.

Reactions: Severen
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I think it's disgusting that in the Western world, where freedom of speech and the free exchange of everything else is supposed to be a part of the foundation of the Western world and it is all being flushed down the toilet and replaced with Chinese like censorship. The hypocrisy is disgusting me and on top of that, destroying the few qualities of Western culture that made it somewhat respectable is now just leaving us with a culture with no Pros whatsoever but only Cons... If every positive quality is stripped from this society, then we are pretty much just left with a steaming pile of shit.
Media is being censored across the world. Reddit used to be a platform where one could post/discuss anything anonymously. Now it's becoming like Instagram and Facebook.
Reddit has been completely been taken over by control freaks who are afraid of triggering anyone.

You'd make an excellent point if we were talking about Youtube but Reddit? Nah, I just think Reddit has been taken over by a bunch of control freaks and cowards.
It's because "normies/sheep/whatever else you call non-nerds" weren't invested into it.

I feel this picture explains it best to what happened to the internet. I was around back then and remember a different place, if you take something like 4chan for example you'll know that for the most part it was really never good but after so many of the so called normies heard about it on social media like twitter and facebook and memes they saw it as the new way to be edgy and cool.

The best way to keep a community on the internet strong and "fun and chill" like you remember it is to increase the difficulty of access as much as possible without compromising too many others. Most of the people who ruined the internet for everyone are just people that are unable to even google their issues, I don't consider myself tech savy in the absolute slightest but I can still research and put effort into what I do and accomplish things online. You put that barrier of work that requires some level of intellect to do and you'll have yourself a good community that brings content rather than just 99% shitposting because shit posters dont bring content and dont want to do work so they wont bother even attempting to join the community, which is what most computers requires at least some level of effort back in the 90's and early 2000's.

You nailed it, exactly, 100%. I've been using the internet since the early 90s and the second it became more accessible to human beings, I saw a major influx of idiots and people who are basic in every way. There was a time, the internet was an exclusive playground for the eccentric and the nerds... Good times. :)

Yes, most subs on reddit are actually co opted by various groups pushing an agenda. Scary shit, actually. There's people paid to just post on reddit to leave only viewpoints they are paid to express and people paid to manipulate the sub reddits so certain posts are more easily seen by people.

Last edited:
Reactions: thishappened
K

Kaput

Here, now
Apr 10, 2019
I thought it was still there b
I thought it was still there but all well. I knew it wasn't go to last though. Most of the content comes from gore sites anyway like YNC, Bestgore, Liveleak, goregrish, deathaddict, etc.
thats a good point

Personally, I dont find the lack of this content regrettable. Am not a fan of gore, or watching people suffer.
Its very different from SS, where people come together as a community and help each other

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Reddit is turning into a joke. They are pretty much banning any sub that is not politically correct.

Reactions: Manaaja
Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
I don't know enough about those subreddits to have an opinion on this subject. Could someone explain what was the point of creating subreddits centered around those things? Was it purely for sadism sake or did it have some objective such as shocking people into not doing something dangerous (such as those disturbing images in cigarrete packs)? I'm curious.

stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
That sort of content is available elsewhere. I wasn't bothered to see it go.