DeadD

DeadD

King Idiot
Mar 28, 2019
I've had this plan for a while. I probably won't go through with it for a couple years. I want my girlfriend and I to be more established first. This will ruin her. But my whole life is constant agony. I can already barely stand it. I used to be open about it, but it effected her so much both in stress, and irritation at me for being so negative, that I just pretend I'm fine now. So anyway, it's gonna happen eventually. I just want to hold on a while longer so that she'll have more savings to live on while she's grieving.

Anyway, onto method. I was trying to think of ways that would be 1. Clean 2. Painless 3. The least traumatizing to my family as possible and 4. Puts no one else at major risk

So what I came up with this plan. I'll go to a part of the patomic river right over the under current. People who fall in here are rarely ever recovered. I'll stand on the rocks, turn around, pop off my head and fall into the river, getting sucked under and hopefully not be found.

This way, my girlfriend will get my insurance pay out, they won't have to clean up a body, ect.

I'm stuck on if this is actually a good idea or not. I'm worried some poor bastard will find me. Or that I'll wash up somewhere, rot, and cause someone to get some kind disease. Also, do I just disappear or leave a note saying I'm running away? Or would that be even worse than just having them know I killed myself? Closure vs insurance pay out for her wellbeing. Idk.

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
She might spend it all and more looking for you.

Reactions: About_to_Go, ArtVandelay and TheGoodGuy
A

ArtVandelay

Experienced
Apr 15, 2019
I'm curious, how do life insurance payouts work when the body is never recovered? Technically you would just be considered missing and not dead right?

O

Onomotopoeia

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
Yea I expect if there was no body there would be no payment. Likely ever, or if eventually it probably requires a super long time. 10 years seems to be rattling in my head but i didnt look it up and may have just heard it in some random movie.

Related note: some people hate uncertainty and if she is like that it may actually be worse.

Reactions: Jolene40 and ArtVandelay
L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
I'm curious, how do life insurance payouts work when the body is never recovered? Technically you would just be considered missing and not dead right?
I think if a person is missing, 7 years has to go by for you to be declared legally dead. I don't think insurance companies would pay out before that.

Reactions: ArtVandelay
DeadD

DeadD

King Idiot
Mar 28, 2019

Apparently I'm a dumb idiot lmao

DeadD

DeadD

King Idiot
Mar 28, 2019
Yea I expect if there was no body there would be no payment. Likely ever, or if eventually it probably requires a super long time. 10 years seems to be rattling in my head but i didnt look it up and may have just heard it in some random movie.

Related note: some people hate uncertainty and if she is like that it may actually be worse.

Yeah I'm a fucking idiot for not considering that lol

A

ArtVandelay

Experienced
Apr 15, 2019
You're not an idiot. Life insurance is tricky when it comes to suicide. I know some policies won't pay out at all if it is proven that you killed yourself. The Peaceful Pill Handbook discusses methods where it is near impossible for the medical examiner to determine cause of death. I believe N is one of those methods. I would recommend giving that a read. Also, you should check the terms of your policy...you may need to be married in order for your SO to get the money.