I

It'llNeverEnd

Mar 1, 2020
My personal opinion is ghosts are around, but only if something is keeping them there. No afterlife, meaning heaven/hell/purgatory. If you don't want to stick around anymore you just rot in the ground.

Reactions: the box is empty
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I believe in there being something other then just us, I have had personal experiences which is were my beliefs come from. I do think it can be over hyped at times, like some really haunted buildings in the UK, aren't as haunted as they say, One near me is claimed to be one of the most haunted in the UK, yet when I went, yes you know there is something there, but they sell the place as a tourist attraction by over hyping ghosts, setting up an atmosphere to make you feel uncomfortable.
I don't believe in heaven or hell, I believe there is another place for us, whether that is a dream like state where our mind settles for eternity or a whole other life waiting for us I do not know.

Reactions: highlyvolatile and Jumper Geo
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Never seen a ghost, a spirit or any sort of apparition. The closest I ever came to a mystical experience was the other day listening to Bach.

Reactions: highlyvolatile, omoidarui, Jumper Geo and 3 others
I

It'llNeverEnd

Mar 1, 2020
a couple days ago i was saying how much i loved my cat to him and saying i also love the others, even the one who died, a chinchilla who passed away a year ago. it was right then that my printer made a noise. i thought it was unplugged, it's not plugged into the computer at all. maybe my chinchilla came to say hi.

• Love
Reactions: highlyvolatile, Jumper Geo, Lethe and 1 other person
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
They are real.

Reactions: highlyvolatile, Jumper Geo and Mizzmini45
Lejes Rimul

Lejes Rimul

Feb 9, 2020
Hello, there are many enigmas related to this topic, I do not know whether to call them ghosts but there are rare events that happen and are difficult to explain, for example, one night I woke up and heard small steps, it seemed strange and I turned on the light of the lamp, It did not turn on and I thought that the light had been cut, then illuminate with the mobile phone, then I heard the steps escape, then I turned on the light of the room and it turned on, it seemed strange to me, then I checked the lamp and noticed that it was semi unplugged the plug, strange thing because I had left it plugged in and I turned it off before sleeping
I don't know what it is, but the other time I met a person who said he was a sorcerer and told him what happened, I wonder what sector he lived in and answered that they are elves
no idea

mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
I think alot of crazy shit happens all through our lives.

When something random happens at the worst or opportune time,we blame a "ghost or spirit".

If you look deeper its just us trying to make sense of things in the midst of chaos.

One thing you cant deny is when your gone,your gone...Aint no coming back.

Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
Back in my younger days when I was first getting into television, I devised and shot a pilot for a gameshow based around a team of people surviving the night in a haunted castle (I won't name it as I'd prefer not to give my real name away here).

I believed in ghosts and spirits back then but as is the nature of television, it's not very interesting unless actual shit is going on and freaking people out (anyone who has watched Most Haunted will see this, later series were more 'haunted' on camera).

To accomplish this, I had people sneaking around banging on walls and floors, small SFX units hidden in the ceiling which blew out puffs of air, we wanted to set up a peppers ghost thing too but didn't have the budget, so the compromise was a participant was locked in a room with a picture that was said to be of the deceased, unknown to them we'd fitted a tube in the frame so we could make it cry - scary when you're jumpy and only have a candle for light.

Long story short once I'd accomplished all of that I knew the kinds of tricks a lot of ghost shows (the ones that claimed to be real) got up to and could spot it a mile off and it made me think twice about what I believed.

I started being very rational and demanding an alternative explanation of myself for everything spooky that I saw and the magic, and my belief soon disappeared.

But that actually proved to be a good thing for me. Ever since I was a child is believed that my bedroom had been haunted, and even after I moved out I'd believed the ghost was angry that I'd left. Whenever I visited home, I struggled to sleep in that bedroom at night without anxiety, fearing being haunted by the ghost.

Once that belief in ghosts disappeared, so did my anxiety and years of guilt I'd felt for subjecting my parents to a terrible haunting for moving out was resolved.

It does suck that I no longer have the hope of reuniting with my lost family, in particular my daughter after I've gone, but when I meet them in my dreams I like to think instead that they aren't alive in the afterlife, but alive in my heart and my memories and dreaming (not Ouija boards) is the way to find them again :)

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I think alot of crazy shit happens all through our lives.

When something random happens at the worst or opportune time,we blame a "ghost or spirit".

If you look deeper its just us trying to make sense of things in the midst of chaos.

One thing you cant deny is when your gone,your gone...Aint no coming back.

For this I disagree, I have had stuff happen that cannot be explained by sense of chaos, there is shit that has happened that I could not possibly of known of yet I knew , it could only have come from something not of this world, nothing more nothing less

Reactions: Jumper Geo
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
For this I disagree, I have had stuff happen that cannot be explained by sense of chaos, there is shit that has happened that I could not possibly of known of yet I knew , it could only have come from something not of this world, nothing more nothing less

Funny that you make that point having myself just posted what I did about ghosts.. There have been times where I've experienced things that I have been completely unable to explain with logic, sequences of coincidences so unlikely that you wouldn't expect them to occur in the entire history of the universe and yet they somehow have.

I don't know if perhaps I'm missing something and preferring a spiritual explanation but I've always found these little events a reminder that there is no such thing as a true 'athiest', we are all on a spectrum of agnostic thinking.

None of us really know whether there is some kind of afterlife, spirits or collective conscience that we may term 'the universe', though we may each require different levels of proof.

I guess I should have said that although I generally don't believe in ghosts, spirits and an afterlife etc, there are still things that I either cannot explain or just don't want to :)

Reactions: Deleted member 1465 and Jumper Geo
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
Were you on the "rum" when it took place?

deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
Don't believe in them at all. You'd think someone would have gotten one on video by now or something. Some evidence that wasn't just a bunch of "I swear I saw/heard/felt something weird." There just seem to be a million more logical explanations for every "unexplained" occurrence people bring up. And the whole concept just doesn't make any sort of a sense for me. So, yeah, no ghosts, no spirits, no souls for me.

Reactions: Giraffey
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
No I was a young teenager.....

and damn for being so known for my rum on here now :pfff: :pfff: :pfff: :pfff: :pfff: :pfff: :pfff: :pfff:
Spirits,you know.Alcohol is called spirits for a reason.Not psychedelics but still..You have advertised your own rum usage.

Long term alcohol abuse can lead to some crazy shit..I know from experience.

M

Mizzmini45

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2019
I seen a ghost three times. It's not like how they say it's like on TV though. It's real I don't care what anyone says

Reactions: highlyvolatile, Jumper Geo and Myforevercharlie
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
I seen a ghost three times. It's not like how they say it's like on TV though. It's real I don't care what anyone says

The thing about making a ghost show for television is you have to make the 'phenomena' visible to people at home somehow by sight or sounds.

You're under pressure from the producers to capture something to make an interesting program, otherwise somebody has just spent thousands of pounds to film a group of people running around an empty room with nothing happening...

So that's why sometimes there is trickery that goes on with television. I apparently saw a ghost when I was younger in a haunted old cottage, I still haven't found an explanation for that, despite my general scepticism of ghosts that's come from TV land.

• Wow
A

aukguy

Student
Mar 3, 2020
i think ghosts/spirits are a figment of imagination, and. like religion. can help heal insomuch as believing a loved one is still with you. in the same way ghosts are 'scary', if you believe in them then youll probably think you saw one.

• Love
Reactions: Giraffey
M

Mizzmini45

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2019
i think ghosts/spirits are a figment of imagination, and. like religion. can help heal insomuch as believing a loved one is still with you. in the same way ghosts are 'scary', if you believe in them then youll probably think you saw one.
Your entitled to your opinion but It's not a figment of imagination to me. I never believed in ghosts. I never believed in anything at all until I seen it. I don't know about believing if a loved one is with you because the ghosts /spirts I seen where throughout my life not in relation to me. I dunno who they were in relation to anyone. I wasn't even scared either , It was just there. TV brainwashes people into thinking ghosts/spirts are the describtion you just said it was. Those things your stating are what they put on TV. If you seen a real one it's just well not like that in my experience

Last edited:
Shinbu

Shinbu

Shiki
Nov 23, 2019
They could be real. My history teacher said she seen a ghost, and that she was talking to a man for one second, and she turned away from him to look around, and then he disappeared.
I had a incident in the parking lot, and my grandpa was inside the restaurant getting pizza for us. Some lady waved at me, and smiled, then when I turned away for a second, and looked back, she is gone suddenly, like she never existed. I'm still skeptical of what I experienced, but this experience still haunts me.

TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
Never seen a ghost, a spirit or any sort of apparition. The closest I ever came to a mystical experience was the other day listening to Bach.
Classical does that to me too, though rarely. My favourite is Sibelius' Swan of Tuonela, it's just something else.

• Love
Reactions: Epsilon0
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Don't believe in them at all. You'd think someone would have gotten one on video by now or something. Some evidence that wasn't just a bunch of "I swear I saw/heard/felt something weird." There just seem to be a million more logical explanations for every "unexplained" occurrence people bring up. And the whole concept just doesn't make any sort of a sense for me. So, yeah, no ghosts, no spirits, no souls for me.

This photo of Freddie Jackson was taken in 1919 before you could photoshop or airbrush, full story below, if the picture does not show google Freddie Jackson Ghost. Story below.

This intriguing photo, taken in 1919, was first published in 1975 by Sir Victor Goddard, a retired R.A.F. officer. The photo is a group portrait of Goddard's squadron, which had served in World War I at the HMS Daedalus training facility.

An extra ghostly face appears in the photo. In back of the airman positioned on the top row, fourth from the left, can clearly be seen the face of another man. It is said to be the face of Freddy Jackson, an air mechanic who had been accidentally killed by an airplane propeller two days earlier. His funeral had taken place on the day this photograph was snapped.

Members of the squadron easily recognized the face as Jackson's. It has been suggested that Jackson, unaware of his death, decided to show up for the group photo.

Interesting side note: In 1935, Sir Victor Goddard, now a Wing Commander, had another brush with the unexplained. While on a flight from Edinburgh, Scotland to his home base in Andover, England, he encountered a strange storm that seemed to transport him through time into the future.

This photo of Freddie Jackson was taken in 1919 before you could photoshop or airbrush, full story below, if the picture does not show google Freddie Jackson Ghost. Story below.

This intriguing photo, taken in 1919, was first published in 1975 by Sir Victor Goddard, a retired R.A.F. officer. The photo is a group portrait of Goddard's squadron, which had served in World War I at the HMS Daedalus training facility.

An extra ghostly face appears in the photo. In back of the airman positioned on the top row, fourth from the left, can clearly be seen the face of another man. It is said to be the face of Freddy Jackson, an air mechanic who had been accidentally killed by an airplane propeller two days earlier. His funeral had taken place on the day this photograph was snapped.

Members of the squadron easily recognized the face as Jackson's. It has been suggested that Jackson, unaware of his death, decided to show up for the group photo.

Interesting side note: In 1935, Sir Victor Goddard, now a Wing Commander, had another brush with the unexplained. While on a flight from Edinburgh, Scotland to his home base in Andover, England, he encountered a strange storm that seemed to transport him through time into the future.

E

essence_of_struggle

Mar 20, 2020
I'm guessing, from research also, our spirit/soul completely withdraws from all earthly realms. The Theosophists would even go so far as to say that any mediumship with the dead, is only contacting a shell/echo. Ghosts then would be emotional baggage and the like.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
I had a strange experience when I was 11 years old, i'm now 49, I hold my hands up it could have been a dream but I have never experienced anything like it again. I was asleep in bed and I suddenly woke up and there was an outline shape of a human, no face, mouth or nose just this bright glowing figure next to me I suddenly sat up in bed with no effort and felt a relaxing feeling and woke up in the morning.

I don't believe in man made religions but I believe there is something after we die, even if there isn't the pain has gone, but if there is a warm white glowing light, I will be heading towards that as I don't want to be stuck on earth as an orb, watching people enjoy themselves, :haha: :haha: :haha:

Cheers Geo

Reactions: highlyvolatile
Shinbu

Shinbu

Shiki
Nov 23, 2019
They could be real. My history teacher said she seen a ghost, and that she was talking to a man for one second, and she turned away from him to look around, and then he disappeared.
I had a incident in the parking lot, and my grandpa was inside the restaurant getting pizza for us. Some lady waved at me, and smiled, then when I turned away for a second, and looked back, she is gone suddenly, like she never existed. I'm still skeptical of what I experienced, but this experience still haunts me.
"The Buddha told life is suffering."
(Kinda the same post, but with more details to the story, and a Buddhist outlook to it)

I was reading buddhism a few days ago, I still have much to learn about the subject. If I'm correct all humans were once devas (non human)?. Supposedly some humans could use the devine eye to see devas.
If buddhism is right , and the lady that I saw in the parking lot that disappeared was a deva, rather than my brain tricking me, or a ghost. Yes I'm saying that I activated the devine eye at a young age, I was 10-13 I can't remember how old I was, but it happened. Some lady waved, and smiled at me in the parking lot, I waved, and smiled back, then she dissapeared when I glanced again. There was a nail salon nearby where she was walking, maybe she went in there before I could look back. To that day I remember she was heading towards that pizza restaurant, but after looking for her, she wasn't there, or inside the restaurant, I forgot to mention that there is clear glass so you can see inside, and it is carryout only, so inside it wasn't vast, so I wouldn't have impossible viewing angles that I couldn't see. My grandpa parked right in front of the restaurant, so I had a good look. It is said devas can take human form from this quote "Most devas are also capable of constructing illusory forms by which they can manifest themselves to the beings of lower worlds; higher and lower devas sometimes do this to each other". I thought having a Buddhist take on my story would make it more interesting. I'm in no way a Buddhist I just think the line of thinking from this ideology is compatible with me. I agree that life is suffering, but I'm skeptical about the six domains. Just having the six domains be hypothetically true, made my real story more interesting to me.

Last edited: