P

Parnate

Student
Dec 16, 2021
Well I am gay and my family is looking for girls for me. I earn okay not bad. But I am balding and have become fat and am not good looking . So far of all the girls have rejected me, only one has responded positively. Even though I am gay and won't get married to a girl this hurts. I always had issues about my appearance, but this has sort of scraped the old wounds. I know it shouldn't matter since I don't like girls but somehow I wish I was attractive to girls . Don't know why.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and EvisceratedJester
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Hmm, that's actually interesting.
Not really. Most people want to be desired by others and you can find plenty of accounts from straight people who've admitted to feeling flattered when gay people hit on them or felt upset when they rejected them (even though they weren't flirting with them to being with). Feeling desired can feel nice, especially when it's for your appearance since that means that you are considered attractive in some capacity. I used to spend my time sexting random men because I wanted to feel desired, even though a large part of me kind of hated the entire experience (though I don't regret it since it led to me meeting my bf). Hell, I felt happy when I got cat-called for the first time, which I'm not proud of, because of that feeling of being desired that came with it. Tbh, it led to me wishing some pretty horrible things would happen to me...

Anyway, what the OP said is normal. Also, @Parnate I've met people who actually have preferences for bald guys and I've also met plenty of people who like men with a dad-bod or were a bit fat. There are probably some people out there who find you attractive, it's just that you haven't met them yet.

• Hugs
Reactions: Parnate
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
Not really. Most people want to be desired by others and you can find plenty of accounts from straight people who've admitted to feeling flattered when gay people hit on them
You are right. I've heard that. It's just not how I think.. I don't care what the same sex as me think about me, whether positive or negative.

Reactions: EvisceratedJester
graysme

graysme

Aug 31, 2024
It's normal to want to be found attractive from anyone at all. We all just want to feel appreciated in the end. I'm sorry for your situation by the way.