• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

H

HopeisjustaPoison

Sep 19, 2023
I only come to this website when I'm not doing well mentally, usually to "research."

I've convinced myself and my therapist that "buying myself time" by spending time planning is keeping myself from impulsivity of attempting. Part of me wonders if that's true.

Either way, I only come here when I'm feeling down. I don't know if this is just an observation of a thing that is, or if I need to find some way to slow down or stop or replace? I don't want to replace this. I don't feel so alone when I'm here lurking and looking at everyone's stories. Is there something else I can do? (Probably not in that state of mind) Are there better ways to thrive on this recovery forum rather than pouring over methods on the other forum?

Not sure if I'm looking for advice or sympathy or just wanted a quiet, safe place to vent. Either way, thanks.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: UnrulyNightmare, lacrimosa, BrokeN__lil’__girl and 5 others
Dingusguy

Dingusguy

I just want to sleep...
Oct 20, 2023
If this place helps you, or makes you feel less alone and understood then I don't think you should replace or quit coming to. I come here personally to vent, and to feel understood. I think SS is a great website for people who just want to be understood rather than told they are fucking mental an need to go to a doctor.

So. I guess if you were looking for advice you got it, and if you were looking for sympathy well you have mine.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Eternal Eyes, lacrimosa, Lostandlooking and 2 others
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Personally I don't think I would want to give up this place, at least not until I'm further into recovery. I've decided to avoid the suicide section for now, and otherwise occasionally browse the recovery forum. Mostly I just vent in my mega thread in the sanctuary (a private forum that only opens after you've posted a lot) and don't generally respond to any replies. I essentially use it as a place to vent out into the world without trying to get anything else from it. There is something cathartic about knowing someone is reading your thoughts rather than putting them in a journal for me, myself, and I. I don't know what it is, but knowing that it's somewhat public makes it more relieving for whatever reason. That's how I have been going about it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: m4rius, Lostandlooking and HopeisjustaPoison
iamanavalanche

iamanavalanche

May 20, 2024
i feel the EXACT same way. somehow i feel calmer after looking through the forums. if this site is a comfort to you, then keep it as a little thing to help you along your journey.

• Love
Reactions: lacrimosa, m4rius, BojackHorseman and 2 others
BrokeN__lil’__girl

BrokeN__lil’__girl

dead_inside
May 10, 2023
Can't come here anymore. I see people even here being in relationships and even being happy…. Something I'll never be able to experience and it makes me feel worse….

• Hugs
Reactions: HopeisjustaPoison