Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
So yesterday I decided to give an online dating a chance after many years without being to one. Met one sweet talker, baby this baby that, I was laughing on how fake he was. Now I opened that app, and it was flooded with messages baby can you borrow me money baby. Baby your ass! Deleted. Idiots. Stay alert ladies, as some of us might be more vulnerable and easy give in.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Journeytoletgo, Marchioness and 15 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I'd rather just stay single for the rest of my life than stick up a profile on an online dating app lol.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Marchioness, 262653, Busdriver and 10 others
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
I pretty much gave up on the online dating apps. As a hetero dude, it's basically a waste of my time. It often feels like tailoring a C.V. to your job application. I lost touch with people a long time ago and arguably I was never in touch with anyone. Don't get me wrong, I've had some success with online dating as pretty much my only means to have some sort of intimacy, but the majority of people are hard for me to relate to. Not that I'm some sort of special snowflake or something, cause I certainly am not. I just don't know or don't share what people like to do with their time.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Marchioness, Deleted member 4993, Sherri and 7 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Manchild trying to scam money
How cute lol

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Viro_Major, AvaAdore and 7 others
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I think both men and women are equally vulnerable to bad experiences and bad people of both genders in the on line dating world. If we are already broken/lonely people we are even more vulnerable. That makes it even harder.
But at least you tried.
I am not brave enough to try it even though I am lonely. I would really struggle with the inevitable rejection I would get.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, ocd is bad, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
catalepsy

catalepsy

Student
Sep 4, 2020
I tried online dating for a while but all the women on those sites have stuff like, "I'm so done with all you assholes, men are a joke!" in their profiles. I don't really blame them, though. Men are kind of dumb. Online dating men are even more dumber. I actually got one girl to talk to me after dozens of attempts, but the conversation consisted of "thoughtful opening thing here" "Hi how r u" "fine, [open ended questions and what passes with me for witty banter here]" "Oh okay." I eventually gave up. I now presume that all people on online dating sites are actually chimpanzees pressing buttons for bananas. I think like in all things, the trick is to stop thinking, stop worrying about what might happen, and just be playful with it. If it doesn't work out, that's no big thing. But if the other person starts asking for money or n00dz, well, they probably didn't get spanked enough as a child.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Umbreon, searchingfreedom, Deleted member 4993 and 5 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I've had alot of luck as a male with dating apps, even when I put in minimal effort. I don't consider myself good looking so I don't really understand the success I've had with it. :heh:

• Hugs
Reactions: Viro_Major, Deleted member 4993, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I've never tried dating sites or apps. I have met the last 2 partners online, but not intentional... it can be easier to connect online if one is a bit of a loner and as such doesn't get out to socialize.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sherri and Deleted member 4993
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Yeah, online dating sucks. You have to really leave out a lot of your personality to make people even consider you.

Also Tinder raises its prices for Tinder Gold if you are older than mid 20s. Not sure why, but it's still scummy imo.

• Hugs
Reactions: Busdriver, Deleted member 4993, ocd is bad and 3 others
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
Do girls really give random dudes they barely know money nowadays?????
it seems like it's not his first time lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Viro_Major, Sherri and 2 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Yeah, online dating sucks. You have to really leave out a lot of your personality to make people even consider you.

Also Tinder raises its prices for Tinder Gold if you are older than mid 20s. Not sure why, but it's still scummy imo.
Honestly the paid services are a scam. I get a shit ton of matches on the free version. Paying money won't give you a better profile or better looks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Viro_Major, Deleted member 4993, Dr Iron Arc and 2 others
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Honestly the paid services are a scam. I get a shit ton of matches on the free version. Paying money won't give you a better profile or better looks.
It will. It will make your profile appear for more people, it will allow you to see who liked you so you get to choose who to like back, and many other benefits. May you do are good looking to be getting so many matches in the free plan so that you think the paid one is unnecessary.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
It will. It will make your profile appear for more people, it will allow you to see who liked you so you get to choose who to like back, and many other benefits. May you do are good looking to be getting so many matches in the free plan so that you think the paid one is unnecessary.
I have a low self esteem so it's hard for me to judge myself on looks. I'm not very photogenic either, I think most of it is due to other factors and variables though.

I know people with way more solid profiles that pay for it and get less dates though. Like I said, I think it's about many variables. Ultimately you just have to try different things and see what works.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
I had a go for a while, mostly I found those that nobody else wanted, and after a few messages I realised why.
One or two seemed polite and nice enough, but we both were happy with messages and it never progressed. I wasn't worried. It was a free profile and they chatted without coming across as freaky.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Sherri
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
For me a (very) few matches here and there that are guaranteed to go nowhere.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Sherri and ocd is bad
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I barely get any matches at all and when I do it's with people I wouldn't be remotely attracted to or interested in. :aw:

Reactions: Sherri
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
Yikes, that sounds gross. Which app was it?

Silvermorning

Silvermorning

The polar bears made me do it
Oct 10, 2020
Never tried those. I feel they are for normal people (as in non suicidal), with normal lifes, goals, etc

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
How desperate for money that guy should've been? Jeez...

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Deleted member 19654
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I'd rather just stay single for the rest of my life than stick up a profile on an online dating app lol.
Unfortunately Max these days it's the only way to meet people.
Yikes, that sounds gross. Which app was it?
Tinder
Manchild trying to scam money
How cute lol
Yeah what an idiot.
Do girls really give random dudes they barely know money nowadays?????
it seems like it's not his first time lol.
Some older women do, women like in their 50s. The internet is full of those stories.
I've never tried dating sites or apps. I have met the last 2 partners online, but not intentional... it can be easier to connect online if one is a bit of a loner and as such doesn't get out to socialize.
Well these days online dating seems to be the only way to date, and im not a loner, that's just the way the world became...

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Ghost2211
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
I met my partner of 11 years on a dating site. First date for both of us, think we were both just pretty desperate :pfff:

Reactions: Marine and (deleted member)
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
are actually chimpanzees pressing buttons for bananas.
LOL I wouldn't last five minutes. Unless i tried to train them for a laugh. :pfff:

My friend found love online though...

But seriously, I can't imagine myself fitting into any profile and getting matches. TBH I'm tempted to try it for a laugh.

Reactions: LittleJem and Deleted member 4993
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Well these days online dating seems to be the only way to date, and im not a loner, that's just the way the world became...
It's true. Especially with how things right now are there's even less opportunity to go out and meet people in person first before anything else.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sherri, LittleJem and Deleted member 4993
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
For curiosity, applied at 2 sites lately (after @Brick In The Wall convinced me that if you cook Tacos in front of TV, you become a threat for the ladies :wink:), with geographical specific differences, with zero intentions to engage, zero efforts produced (no info, just pics), like a fisherman who forgets his hook. Tbh, I'm doing too fine alone, not being a slave to pussy but very driven about an emotional connection instead, which I fail to imagine getting with someone within the norms. Didn't hit no jackpot but 15+ decent hits, sufficient and comforting considering my averaging down. But it really was how the quality spanned which has been eye opening. Have no plans to repeat anytime soon but it appears a viable outlet.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 262653 and Myforevercharlie
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
Honestly, think I learned more about my attractions at SS than anywhere else.
If being an almost anti-social person, crashing into too many diametrically opposed personalities can make you lose your bearings, until a focus, which is sharper than before.

The diversity here is phenomenal if you dwell on digging. *C*I*R*C*U*S*
If I had to perform some custom shopping, likely it would end up in something like that
A slice of everyone since ya'll are just too cool !
7163A382 D0BE 4638 B311 A0A9581A7286
whattaplug
Off-topic ? >>> ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and 262653
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I met my partner of 11 years on a dating site. First date for both of us, think we were both just pretty desperate :pfff:
Wouldn't call it desperate, it's the only way to find people these days.
LOL I wouldn't last five minutes. Unless i tried to train them for a laugh. :pfff:

My friend found love online though...

But seriously, I can't imagine myself fitting into any profile and getting matches. TBH I'm tempted to try it for a laugh.
That's why I did it, for a laugh...

Reactions: Deleted member 1465 and Deleted member 4993
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I met my former partner online, we were together for 12 years. Not all people on dating/ profile sites are there to make fun of others or to feel better about themselves. But I do think you have to research where you post. A lot of free sites attract people who are not seriously looking for a partner/ friends

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Deleted member 1465 and Viro_Major