Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
Assuming you are functional physically and mentally, and your suicidal tendencies if any, are the result of depression or heartbreak, what can really help is passion for a hobby or skill or an outcome that is still in the future.

So for example, being passionate about helping others, or about reading, travelling or things like that. Stuff that is possible and not dependent on certain conditions. For example, reciprocated romantic love which is dependent on you being in a good place in life and meeting someone who is vibing well with you. It is still a conditional thing, so it can go away any time.

But if you have passion for doing something, like making great software, or building a business or something like that, then you will be able to pull yourself together.

Note that there's some assumptions I have made here. Namely, one of the assumptions is that you are not vindictive, seeking to settle scores just for petty revenge or seeking to hurt someone. Other assumption is that you are physically and mentally functional.

If you have a genuine passion for something that is possible and doable within your life, there are more chances of excellent recovery.

• Love
Reactions: Nillionaire, rainbowbright and Firegirl
Firegirl

Firegirl

Sep 28, 2022
This is very true! Although I'm wondering if you have any tips on how to start being passionate about something? Some of us tend to feel numbed out as if life is meaningless and thus we don't have passions. Anything you could recommend to build passions again?

Reactions: Painless_end
Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
This is very true! Although I'm wondering if you have any tips on how to start being passionate about something? Some of us tend to feel numbed out as if life is meaningless and thus we don't have passions. Anything you could recommend to build passions again?
I wish I could help ! I am struggling with it myself. I did manage to step back and look at the whole situation objectively and that's when I realized this.

The most productive people have undying passion for life and some great goal that will take years to achieve usually well into their 40s or even 50s.

One of my friends who is extremely successful as a software developer has a lifelong goal towards constantly creating good software and so he plans his life around that and takes huge steps with the commitment that comes with it.

I don't know if passion can be taught. It is something that has to come from within you, sometimes it can take someone years to discover it.

You want to have a well grounded education in some subject and then look at various career or hobby choices. There's so much to say here but I am short of time.

• Informative
Reactions: Firegirl
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Assuming you are functional physically and mentally, and your suicidal tendencies if any, are the result of depression or heartbreak, what can really help is passion for a hobby or skill or an outcome that is still in the future.

So for example, being passionate about helping others, or about reading, travelling or things like that. Stuff that is possible and not dependent on certain conditions. For example, reciprocated romantic love which is dependent on you being in a good place in life and meeting someone who is vibing well with you. It is still a conditional thing, so it can go away any time.

But if you have passion for doing something, like making great software, or building a business or something like that, then you will be able to pull yourself together.

Note that there's some assumptions I have made here. Namely, one of the assumptions is that you are not vindictive, seeking to settle scores just for petty revenge or seeking to hurt someone. Other assumption is that you are physically and mentally functional.

If you have a genuine passion for something that is possible and doable within your life, there are more chances of excellent recovery.
I would add that you need the energies and the dedication to do that, if you are so depressed that even showering is a big task all the rest is impossible. In principle I would like to do charity but it requires too much interaction with other people and that is overwhelming for me. I loved writing software but when I try now I cannot do it anymore, seems like I forgot everything.

Reactions: rainbowbright
O

onetapgandhi

Student
Oct 4, 2022
I agree. I was always suicidal but less so when my mind was fully focussed on my climbing PBs. Its really hard to dedicate mental capacity to suicide when you are constantly thinking about your diet and training regime to go over 1200 VAM

rainbowbright

rainbowbright

Oct 1, 2022
My work was my passion but the anxiety has just got so much I haven't been in months šŸ˜© I'm going to really try and go in Sunday as I need to get that Passion and purpose back

StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
True. I learned it the hard way now that I see that I lost any interest i had for medicine and that all the work I put into getting here in the first place was a result of trauma and perfectionism rather than an interest in studying itself. I never had any passion for anything, I remember thinking this or that job would be interesting to experience and I remember being entertained out of my cruel reality by certain anime and shows but that's about it. I never had anything I liked doing and at the off times that I did my parents would mock and scold me because it wasn't productive or EdUcAsHiOnAl enough.