Dying2077

Dying2077

Student
Oct 6, 2023
Unfortunately, I do not have a scale and I cannot go out or order online. Can someone take a spoonful of salt (the closest density to sodium nitrite) and put it on the scale and photograph the spoon to help me know the weight? Or tell me in writing if you know kitchen ingredients and cook a lot

Dying2077

Dying2077

Student
Oct 6, 2023
This chart should help. How accurate it is, I cannot say as I do not have SN! Maybe someone else can attest to it's accuracy.

View attachment 120992
I think it is completely wrong, a tablespoon is 15 grams, not 30 grams ! Please make sure before anyone suffers failure from incorrect information 😕

• Informative
Reactions: AllFoxedOut
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
I think it is completely wrong, a tablespoon is 15 grams, not 30 grams ! Please make sure before anyone suffers failure from incorrect information 😕
I'm sorry if it is wrong! It's only a chart I have seen on this site before, I didn't mean to say it should be treated as accurate. Which is why I made the disclaimer.

But as you said, SN and NaCl are very similar in density so if you already know how much a tablespoon of salt weighs then you have your answer!

• Hugs
Reactions: Huggs
Dying2077

Dying2077

Student
Oct 6, 2023
This chart should help. How accurate it is, I cannot say as I do not have SN! Maybe someone else can attest to it's accuracy.

View attachment 120992
You need to delete this and take this

,No one has published your photo on the site. I have completely checked whether you have edited it. It is a completely fatal mistake!

Attachments

• 154139_1658345689400.png
    154139_1658345689400.png
    46 KB · Views: 0
  • Hmph!
Reactions: AllFoxedOut
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023

,No one has published your photo on the site. I have completely checked whether you have edited it. It is a completely fatal mistake!
BROOOO don't accuse me of deliberately spreading misinformation. I did find the chart on this site, as I saved it months ago in case I might need it. If you already know how much a tablespoon of SN weighs why are you even asking for help? Not to mention I already said I did not know the accuracy of this chart. If people are gonna see my post, ignore the disclaimer and follow the image they need to do more research as theyre likely to mess up their attempt anyway.

I did NOT edit any of the numbers on this chart, it is the same as when I first found it. I can't delete or edit my post as it is past the 4 hour timer, but if you want report it to the mods they can delete it.

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
BROOOO don't accuse me of deliberately spreading misinformation. I did find the chart on this site, as I saved it months ago in case I might need it. If you already know how much a tablespoon of SN weighs why are you even asking for help? Not to mention I already said I did not know the accuracy of this chart. If people are gonna see my post, ignore the disclaimer and follow the image they need to do more research as theyre likely to mess up their attempt anyway.

I did NOT edit any of the numbers on this chart, it is the same as when I first found it. I can't delete or edit my post as it is past the 4 hour timer, but if you want report it to the mods they can delete it.

Imge hs bn deletd

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and AllFoxedOut
L

Leopard2023

Sep 24, 2023

This one says 1 tablespoon is 19 grams, the other 30 grams, which one is right?

Dying2077

Dying2077

Student
Oct 6, 2023
This one says 1 tablespoon is 19 grams, the other 30 grams, which one is right?
The right is 1 tablespoon is 15-17 gram of salt

Google and all the YouTube videos prove this because sodium nitrite has the same density as salt

1 tablespoon= 15-17 g SN

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Interesting. I assume that not all existing table spoons have exactly the same size.Therefore it 's impossible to say how much grams that is. It's always more guessing than knowing.

This is just my opinion, but I would always use a scale here to be sure about the exact amounts of SN.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: AllFoxedOut and avoid
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
Imge hs bn deletd
Thank you Dot!
Interesting. I assume that not all existing table spoons have exactly the same size.Therefore it 's impossible to say how much grams that is. It's always more guessing than knowing.

This is just my opinion, but I would always use a scale here to be sure about the exact amounts of SN.
This is true too. Not only is it unclear whether the tablespoon is heaped or not, but despite a tablespoon being a standard measurement countries define the volume of a tablespoon differently (it might only be Australia that differs). It is always safer and more sensible to use a kitchen scale.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023

Especially in baking with handling flour for example, how tightly the flour is packed into the measuring tool can change without it appearing visually different. Volume measurements are not accurate for measurements. I think if Dying2077 wants to follow through with his plan, he should take a little less than the estimate to prevent vomitting, but then up the intake if he doesn't feel too nauseous.

• Love
Reactions: avoid, AllFoxedOut and Praestat_Mori