Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
I just randomly came across this story. She was a twitch streamer who committed suicide back on July 6. The part I wanted to focus on was that on her Twitter you can see that she wasn't silent about her pain, but she never got help. The day before she did it she posted: "depressed ppl struggle to reach out in fear the ones closest to them will have cops show up and forcefully confine them against their will. so they're stuck feeling alone with their dark thoughts because they don't want to be trapped where they just feel worse." That stood out to me because it's a message that's been said here many times and yet ignored by pro-lifers.

Mental health is serious and yet people only want to laugh and sweep it under the rug until this happens. Then those same people are sorry they took their own life. Then the obligatory "They're selfish" posts and the suicide prevention number. This is really just a vent about the fact that no matter how many times this happens, the average person just doesn't get it. How many people are going to kill themselves before there's actually some meaningful help for hurting people besides getting locked up until they shut up? Who would ask for "help" knowing that's going to happen to them? That "solution" is only going to teach people to keep quiet, even if they're planning their suicide.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: SuicideAwaits, Lucifer'sRight, FuneralCry and 15 others
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Damn,. Thanks for sharing that. You just Never really know what other people are going through. =\.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, death137, almost_dead and 1 other person
Blank Dreamer

Blank Dreamer

Seeker of Dreams
Sep 11, 2020
The same can be said about any issue. How many times must X happen for people to understand Y? It's sad really.

People are stupid sometimes. Really stupid.

The cycle will only continue and I doubt it will ever change. Person displays signs of depression and/or suicide. Person gets ridiculed or berated for having such negative thoughts. The person goes and commits suicide and everyone wonders why did they do it and why they didn't show any signs or why the person didn't get help. It's the same thing every single time.

• Love
Reactions: SuicideAwaits, it's_all_a_game, Huntfish34 and 6 others
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
I know exactly who you are talking about. Followed her on Instagram. She constantly had stories that alluded that she was going to ctb, but people reached out to her on instagram to ensure she was ok. She made it known last year that she wanted to ctb, but decided not to. She was bullied a lot simply because she was pretty and charged for her Twitch stream.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, death137, almost_dead and 1 other person
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
The same can be said about any issue. How many times must X happen for people to understand Y? It's sad really.

People are stupid sometimes. Really stupid.

The cycle will only continue and I doubt it will ever change. Person displays signs of depression and/or suicide. Person gets ridiculed or berated for having such negative thoughts. The person goes and commits suicide and everyone wonders why did they do it and why they didn't show any signs or why the person didn't get help. It's the same thing every single time.
It's sad. People just don't get it.
I know exactly who you are talking about. Followed her on Instagram. She constantly had stories that alluded that she was going to ctb, but people reached out to her on instagram to ensure she was ok. She made it known last year that she wanted to ctb, but decided not to. She was bullied a lot simply because she was pretty and charged for her Twitch stream.
I only really saw her Twitter. It's sad that people can't just leave people alone. I bet those same people hid after that. Just like the ones that bullied Etika.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, death137 and almost_dead
Un-

Un-

I'm a failure. An absolute waste. A LOSEr.
Apr 6, 2021
It's so shitty. You either kill yourself; get meds shoved down your throat, or put in a confined space. I can't imagine living like that. I don't blame people for choosing the 1st option.