Whisperinyourear

Whisperinyourear

Jun 27, 2020
What is one piece of advice or even situation you've been given or experienced that has confirmed your decision? Can be related to CTB or recovery. x

Reactions: sadghost, TakeYourHappyPills and sourcreamonion
sourcreamonion

sourcreamonion

Jun 25, 2020
"We're all/I'm going to die soon anyway, why does it matter?"

Reactions: ExoticAir, Lifetimepunishment, Bct and 4 others
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Im sorry for bad language,my husband was a free man and told me:

"Their opinions dont matter, let them talk, and fuck them. We will all die anyway so do whatever the fuck you want. They can drink bleach for all i care."

Reactions: Whisperinyourear, ERASED, casctb and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
This was the advice:

The Stoics likened life to a party, and determined there were five reasons to rationally exit the party (suicide):

1. In service of one's country, i.e., an old friend shows up to the party and requires your services.

2. The arrival of rowdy revelers, i.e., tyrants who force us against our will to say or do disgraceful things at the party.

3. Protracted illness that prevents the soul from the use of its tool, the body, i.e., spoilage of provisions for the party.

4. Poverty, i.e., scarceness of party provisions.

5. Madness, i.e., drunkenness at the party. In Buddhist terms, intoxicants lower one's inhibitions against doing no harm to others and, by default, to the self. In Stoic terms, this equates to lowering the inhibitions put in place by practicing virtue. According to Epictetus, the purpose of practicing virtue is for life to flow more smoothly, and as social animals, virtues directly impact our interactions with others. This agrees with the purpose of the Five Precepts of Buddhism, considered gifts to others for the good of social order (no killing, no stealing, no lying, no sexual misconduct, no intoxicants).

Source: Griffin, Miriam. "Philosophy, Cato, and Roman Suicide I," Greece and Rome, vol. 33, no. 1, 1986, pp. 64-77. Original source cited by Griffin, Stoicorum Veterum Fragmenta, a 1903-1905 collection by Hans von Arnim of fragments and testimony of the earlier Stoics. The Buddhist/Stoic commentary under madness is mine.

The source article and article II by Griffin are available for free online viewing at JSTOR.

T

TakeYourHappyPills

Nov 26, 2019
"We're all/I'm going to die soon anyway, why does it matter?"
Yessss i think this all the time. It really helps me push forward for what little time I have left

• Love
Reactions: sourcreamonion
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I like Bill Hicks stance that 'it's just a ride.'

• Love
Reactions: GravityUtilizer, Lifetimepunishment, sadghost and 2 others
the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.
Mar 8, 2020
"Everything not saved will be lost"

Philosykos

Philosykos

Student
May 30, 2020
The common advice 'Treat others the way you'd like to be treated' and the realisation that there's only a handful of people living by that motto. Much like environmental problems could be solved if everyone remembered to switch off lights, take public transport more often, not eat meat every day etc. I feel like a lot of problems in this world could be solved if everyone made it a point to commit at least one small act of kindness to someone else on a daily basis.

Reactions: KibblesNBits and LADY007