Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

If I am no good , then let me out
Jun 30, 2019
I really want some opinions on this so apologise if is a tad long . Me and my sister have had no beef at all . I really do not get her . I live in London and know a American lady who has Huntingsons disease and we would regularly send gifts to each other . We also have the same birth day . I only spoke to her through the Line app as I do not have face book as I have been banned from making a account ( I was not a troll but posted a few protest videos )

The lady friend ( Tammy ) regularly forgets things because of her disease and has forgotten to come on the Line app for a few months . I had bought some gifts for her and her kids , but have only just been ready to send them because of the Covid 19 situation . As I can not get her through the Line app , a few weeks ago , I kindly asked my sister ( who has her as a friend on face book ) to drop Tammy a quick message to let her know I am ready to send the gifts ( so she knows to be in to receive them ) . Just a simple message

My sister's response : " No I am not doing it , you message her your self "

I told her that I have no other way of contacting her and that she is my only hope of letting Tammy know . She kept refusing and said it is because I haven't asked how she is for a long time . ( she has not asked me how I am either recently ) but that is not the point , why bring Tammy in to it ?

I asked her again yester day and she blew off again telling me to message her my self . That she does not want to and it is her perogative . I tried to reason with her for about two hours , but to no avail . After I told her it seemed spite ful , my sister eventually did send Tammy a message and then told me in no way will she ever do it again and thanked me for forcing her to do it . Huh ?

I called her and apologised if I made her feel bad and then she told me she has been to counciling because of her step father . I told her I felt for her and I made a little laugh about the whole argument earlier because it was stupid . She then snapped , shouting at me " Are you laughing at me " !!??? and before I could explain that I was not laughing at her , she snapped " I am now going to un-friend Tammy " !! and put the phone down

My sister has been extremely sensitive in the past too . You literally have to walk on egg shells to not upset her

I managed to talk her round , but this morning discovered she has blocked me on both Twitter and What's app . And has most probably un-friended Tammy

Is this normal ? What exactly did I do wrong ? I was calm the whole time , apart from when I said it felt a little spite ful of her

Last edited:
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
It sounds like she didn't say she was disowning you. It sounds like she is annoyed that you haven't been asking how she is lately. Just a friendly text saying 'hey how are you?' would be nice...(at least I would like this) and it's nice if she were to tell you how shitty things are that you just said something like "I understand/relate...yeah that sounds shitty'.

I relate to the fb thing sorta. What kind of protest was it that you got kicked off fb for? That sounds really stupid.

Did you get in touch with your friend? Can you exchange numbers?

I think if you know your sister is going through stress and anxiety just asking her how she is would make her feel better. It's fine to ask her for a favor like contacting your friend, but she has a right to feel annoyed if you haven't said much to her and then ask her for a favor.

I would just say: I am sorry, I can understand why you would be annoyed. I should check up on you sometimes because you're my sis and I luv you.

Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

Jun 30, 2019
It sounds like she didn't say she was disowning you. It sounds like she is annoyed that you haven't been asking how she is lately. Just a friendly text saying 'hey how are you?' would be nice...(at least I would like this) and it's nice if she were to tell you how shitty things are that you just said something like "I understand/relate...yeah that sounds shitty'.

I relate to the fb thing sorta. What kind of protest was it that you got kicked off fb for? That sounds really stupid.

Did you get in touch with your friend? Can you exchange numbers?

I think if you know your sister is going through stress and anxiety just asking her how she is would make her feel better. It's fine to ask her for a favor like contacting your friend, but she has a right to feel annoyed if you haven't said much to her and then ask her for a favor.

I would just say: I am sorry, I can understand why you would be annoyed. I should check up on you sometimes because you're my sis and I luv you.

It was an anti lock down protest

I usually always ask how she is and ask how her boys are . I then have a chat with her . But because of my depressionand stuff , I have not gone on to What's app much and do not have her on any thing else

I also do not have her number as she always changes it

I also had no idea she was going through stress until yester day . She told me nothing . It is about her step father I think

I had my friends number , but she changed it . Like so said , my sister was my only hope of contacting her currently

My sister has not asked how I have been either recently , she has not bothered to contact me . Did she really have to mess up my sending of the gifts to my friend and also un-friend her on face book just over me not asking how she is recently ? My father said that is petty

Like I said , why punish my friend over it ? What has Tammy done to her ?

Last edited:
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
I usually always ask how she is and ask how her boys are . I then have a chat with her . But because of my depressionand stuff , I have not gone on to What's app much and do not have her on any thing else

My sister has not asked how I have been either recently , she has not bothered to contact me . Did she really have to mess up my sending of the gifts to my friend and also un-friend her on face book just over me not asking how she is recently ? My father said that is petty

Like I said , why punish my friend over it ? What has Tammy done to her ?
I agree. She sounds....agitated. If she doesn't ask about you either that sucks. I don't understand...why don't you just text Tammy? Your sister doesn't need to be fb pals with Tammy if she isn't her pal.

I don't know what to say really....if you are pals with Tammy it seems like you would want to have a direct way to communicate with her.

Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

Jun 30, 2019
I agree. She sounds....agitated. If she doesn't ask about you either that sucks. I don't understand...why don't you just text Tammy? Your sister doesn't need to be fb pals with Tammy if she isn't her pal.

I don't know what to say really....if you are pals with Tammy it seems like you would want to have a direct way to communicate with her.

Firstly Tammy added my sister to face book and told her she is a friend because of me . They some times messaged each other to say hello

I did have a direct way of communicating with Tammy through the Line app . But she has not been on there since April ( probably forgetting due to her ill ness ), plus she visited her son in Oregon for a few weeks ( my sister told me )

I literally have no other way to contact Tammy as she does not have any other plat form , just face book and Line

I can not text her as 1. I do not have her current phone number and 2. even if I did it would not go through as I am in London and she lives in America

My sister is extremely sensitive , like I said , you have to tread on egg shells around her or she will take what you say the wrong way and slam the phone down

Also why should my sister un-friend Tammy just because she is upset with me ? Tammy is likely to be hurt over that and may think some thing is wrong

For example , if you are upset with me , do not drag my friend in to it

I also wanted to add that me and my sister were never really that close seeing that I did not see her for nearly 15 years and only got back in to contact in the last 7 or so years

She rarely contacts me & my mind is in another world for obvious reasons (which is why I am on this Web site

She knows I am not in a good way , but I had no idea she was not in a good way until yester day

Last edited:
Reactions: Alwaysbadtime