Wandering

Wandering

Dec 7, 2019
It comes up once in a while during conversations with my best friend and he never seems to understand my point of view. Even when brought up as a joke with acquaintances they always get serious and bring up the possibility of waking up one day as one like it's a bad thing.

Ever since late elementary, when I would see the special kids running in the halls and screaming, with everyone in my class laughing at them, I couldn't help but feel jealous. We're all doomed to slave away our lives going to school or working to make some guy rich while they do whatever they want.

Maybe it could just be a situation where the grass is always greener on the other side since no one truly knows what it's like unless you are experiencing it.

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I can sort of relate to this. I've had voice problems since puberty. When I was 12 it didn't break and kinda get stuck in a high pitched tone so I started whispering because it was difficult to speak. Had to go to a speech therapist to get it to break. I still have problems and my voice is not clear or deep. I sound like a 10 year old when I talk. Ever since that experience I've been jealous of deaf people. I really wish I was deaf too so I could communicate through sign language instead of speaking. Is that weird?

H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
Huh. I've always dreamed of being reborn with a super high IQ, and preferably with a face resembling Dolph Lundgren. I have average intelligence but other genetic defects. But I guess it is as you said:
Maybe it could just be a situation where the grass is always greener on the other side.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
It may be ignorance is bliss as a kid but it doesn't stay that way. Everyone I've met with mental disabilities as an adult has had serious hardships just surviving. They usually have a hard time just paying the bills or eating.

Their safety net usually disappears as most people don't want that burden. The state even neglects them and they have few friends or companions. I feel pretty sad for the ones I've met and honestly wouldn't wish it on anyone.

• Love
Reactions: Sweet emotion
TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
I think that life would be so much worse.
Sure you might feel like they get to be carefree in their youth because they usually aren't forced to study or even attend school, but once adulthood rolls in they are doomed.
Like it's already been said, some may abandon them due to ignorance or feeling of a burden, the job market mostly deems them useless.
You'd probably end up on here as well.
But that's just my opinion, you do you.

• Love
Reactions: Sweet emotion, R_N and Brick In The Wall