Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
It's not even the bugs or the heat, but the fireworks here in the US. They start up around Memorial Day and last almost until October.

I'm really hypersensitive to my surroundings because of my PTSD and that stuff is so triggering to me (and my cat). On top of that, it's really hard to sleep, they last all night until dawn and there's nothing you can do about it. Police don't care, and will tell you to approach these people on your own and ask them stop (death sentence in NYC).

I just remembered this now and got instantly annoyed. Already wishing for Fall to come through again.

• Aww..
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, Ringo, Achlys and 4 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Are earplugs of any help? I will buy some today for myself, the birds are starting to chirp at 6:30 every day. Fuckers.

Reactions: Pencil+Ink and Lullaby
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
Are earplugs of any help? I will buy some today for myself, the birds are starting to chirp at 6:30 every day. Fuckers.
That's actually the one thing I haven't tried yet, I don't know why that hasn't popped into my head. Definitely going to get some!

No birds chirping here, but I already get woken up by the traffic and sirens every morning, so it'd also be nice to have something combat the serial honking.

Reactions: Pencil+Ink and whatevs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds so awful. I hate fireworks and loud noise. Noise really can make everything so much worse. Summer is the worst time of year in my opinion. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lullaby