• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
As per the title- I had one line of cocaine this morning. I have felt okay all day - no suicidal thoughts and functional.

Can anyone explain?!

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, SMmetalhead36 and eatantz
DeathWish3301

DeathWish3301

May 15, 2024
Because it shoots your dopamine levels up to the moon.

I haven't done it in a while now. I miss going on the occasional skiing trip.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, divinemistress36, SMmetalhead36 and 3 others
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Shoots them up for a whole day?!

Yes please.

It's like £10 a line…If it works two or three times a week then that is three days off depression a week for £30.

Have a psychiatrist appointment this week. They are going to give me more fat pills.

I wish I could just do anti-depression with drugs!

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Well, the effects usually last only 40 min (it's like smoking a cigarette, one after another...). Doing something out of the ordinary that feels great can have that impact sometimes. On the long run it might be bit expensive or addictive, so I would rather recommend micro-dosing psychedelics.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and DeathWish3301
DeathWish3301

DeathWish3301

May 15, 2024
Shoots them up for a whole day?!

Yes please.

It's like £10 a line…If it works two or three times a week then that is three days off depression a week for £30.

Have a psychiatrist appointment this week. They are going to give me more fat pills.

I wish I could just do anti-depression with drugs!
Totally depends on your tolerance and body's reaction to it, the snow itself, and so on. If one line keeps you happy for a day, I'd be the last to complain.

And plenty of people do cope with depression using substances. You're just going to have side effects and repercussions from doing so.

S

SMmetalhead36

Ready to have my forever date with suicide
Oct 6, 2023
The whole day? When I do it, it's only for 40 minutes like a previous poster said or an hour at the most for me.

Reactions: DeathWish3301
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Well, the effects usually last only 40 min (it's like smoking a cigarette, one after another...). Doing something out of the ordinary that feels great can have that impact sometimes. On the long run it might be bit expensive or addictive, so I would rather recommend micro-dosing psychedelics.
Tried that!

LSD at 150 ug saved my life twice. But doesn't always help me. The two times it did I had therapeutic input. Am trying to get my hands on some more to see if it helps again!
The whole day? When I do it, it's only for 40 minutes like a previous poster said or an hour at the most for me.
Exactly. It's really strange isn't it.

R

Rubypie41

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
This makes no sense. Cocaine wears off after approximately 1 hour.

I would suspect it's psychological placebo affect, you had a bump and felt good, then held on to that feeling in your mind.

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
I love stimulants and I think they have saved my life at times even though they come with problems too. I had no idea coke lasted for such a short time, it seems not worth it. I'll use an extended release amphetamine but they're practically impossible to get now and my life has been much harder since I haven't had access in months. I think the FDA is trying to remove these drugs from the market.

Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Experienced
May 9, 2024
I wish I could like uppers, but no matter how hard I try, I still fucking hate them all. Downers, on the other hand, are sooooooooo nice.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Cocaine causes an outsized response from the brain's pleasure centre (the nucleus accumbens) leading to the brain producing around more than three times the normal amount of dopamine. The effects are supposed to die off after around 90 minutes at most, I think, so I don't know why it made you so happy throughout the rest of the day. Maybe the dopamine rush put you in a good mood, leading to a positive mindset that ended up remaining throughout the rest of the day. Either way, drugs that mess with the brain's pleasure centre, like cocaine, can cause a worsening of mental illness symptoms (depression, anxiety, PTSD) over time and they are chemically addictive so I wouldn't recommend using it too often.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori