lanax09

lanax09

Experienced
Apr 17, 2021
I don't think I have many regrets for when I ctb but I do have one big one:
I'm in a band with a friend, but we never got to release because we formed shortly before the first lockdown and her family is at high risk so they wouldn't allow her to visit me or vice versa. Most of the songs I wrote were a bit bland and I don't really mind them dying with me, but there were a couple that were just so fucking amazing in my opinion that I hate the thought of them being lost when I go. They have powerful lyrics and a really good soundtrack and I just love them; I had always wanted to write a really beautiful song, sort of like King by Lauren Aquilina, and I never thought I would do it but I did. Twice. I guess I could try and ask a friend to release them but I don't have faith in any of them to actually do it. They took years of writing and readjusting and they're probably my proudest creations. I don't think I'll hang on just so I can release them, but I sort of wish I could. I guess a second, milder regret is that one of my favourite shows is releasing a new series only a couple weeks after my ctb date. I guess I might have hung on those couple of weeks if it released all at once, but they're going to release one episode a week until August, and I'm not forcing myself to live for 3 months just for a show.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, Jumper Geo, WornOutLife and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yeah, I think its normal to feel regrets when we are about to ctb. Even know we are certain in our decision, we can be held back by things. There is no shame in postponing a date, we can die at any time really. At least you have accomplished something in your life though, I have always liked the idea of being a songwriter.

Reactions: S like suicide and lanax09
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
That's what YouTubes for, :smiling: why not record them on there and see what reaction you get or leave the links in a delayed e-mail to your friend.

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: lanax09
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yeah, forcing ourselves to be in this world really sucks.
Well, maybe you could realease some of those songs at least?

Wish you the best!!

Reactions: lanax09