lastNamePicked

lastNamePicked

Apr 3, 2019
A suggests Zofran as an antiemetic to use. He names the formula needed: metoclopramide but Zofran has the formula ondansetron which is confusing.
As for the indication, he states to take 2 tablets 8 hours before taking the n, then 2 more half an hour before. He does not name the dosage though: Zofran is available in the form of both: 4mg and 8mg tablets.
In general: is there a reliable up-to-date source to get the needed antiemetics for this procedure ?

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
What continent are you on, @lastNamePicked?

My (limited) understanding is that people who take zofran also take domperidon, because that combination is about as strong as meto. Meto causes some people problems like EPS, which might be why A suggested the alternative?

Reactions: inconsequential and kuddelmuddel23
Sirius

Sirius

Student
Jul 10, 2019
Interested in dosage also. Just asked my ND for Zoltan for stomach flue. He called it into pharmacy no problem. Wonder how much more I need

lastNamePicked

lastNamePicked

Apr 3, 2019
What continent are you on, @lastNamePicked?

My (limited) understanding is that people who take zofran also take domperidon, because that combination is about as strong as meto. Meto causes some people problems like EPS, which might be why A suggested the alternative?

I'm from Europe.
A didn't mention domperidon though. Normally, all literature refers to metoclopramid as the formula for the antiemetic at hand but A himself names Zofran at this point solely.

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
Odd. Can you ask A why he recomnends that instead of meto?

I'd like to get zofran but I don't know where. I got meto from ebay.

lastNamePicked

lastNamePicked

Apr 3, 2019
Odd. Can you ask A why he recomnends that instead of meto?

I'd like to get zofran but I don't know where. I got meto from ebay.

he does state meto as the needed formula but names zofran as an option to use. that is the deal.

what is the name of the medication and the seller you got it from ?

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
Primperan is the commercial name for meto.
I got it from a supplier in Spain that doesn't have it nonstop; you may have to check every few days. Now I want Zofran instead (I've already got domperidon), so if you see any please let me know. 8]