sanlcx

sanlcx

Oct 21, 2023
I'll share what i think happens after we die: So think of all the people that died before you were born, or better yet, think of one individual that killed himself. He thought that he would be finally free of all pain and suffering and leave this world forever. What happened next? You were born. See what i mean? We'll never stop existing, when we die we'll simply be born again as a different person/animal. You (all of us) are kind of the resurrection of everyone that has died up until that point (i'm not saying that we have a soul or any of that, i just don't know a better word to use).

I think it's pretty obvious that's what happens, what do you think?

Reactions: LostVirtue and kateve
Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
I've thought about it before. I've always hated myself and I am constantly in physcial pain, so that would probably be the best case scenario for me if it were true.

It's definetely nicer to think about than burning in hell for all of eternity, but either way I can't bring myself to believe that anything other than nothing will occur. You go into a state of permanent unconciosuness, and the pain will finally end. There is no aspect of our personalities or any characteristic of a "soul" that is not subjected to and influenced by the chemical reactions in our brains, or the physical structure of the brain itself.

If the soul is unchanging (with the exception of new experiences) and can exist independently of the body, why do people with severe brain injuries have altered personalities or significantly reduced intellligence? I'm sure that question is missing the point of the whole spirituality argument, but it still makes no sense to me.

Also if we did travel between different bodies after death (or go to hell or whatever else), it would imply the existence of some higher power (like god) that makes possible what is currently, according to almost every law of physics and biology, impossible. If you say god exists and created the universe, then who created god? If god was always "just kinda there (source: trust me bro)" then why wasn't the universe always "just kinda there"?

We don't accept anything else in life without some sort of proof but then all of sudden when people love their lives too much they start to try and come up with any excuse they can to explain why actually they aren't going to die in the next few decades. Then they organize into religions where they explain why theirs is the correct belief and how everyone else is subhuman.

I can never say anything for certain though. If I weren't afraid of death I would have already died a long time ago, so maybe I'm just like the religious fanatics or the people who believe that there is something else after death.

Reactions: sanlcx
cutecats12

cutecats12

Oct 22, 2023
Same vision tbh,maybe for me it's just my brain projecting a good end instead of,well...lying on the floor with half my head destroyed ig,but i like to think that after death i'll have some freedom from these thoughts and be able to live like a normal person is,or it'll just repeat itself,no idea

LostVirtue

LostVirtue

Oct 22, 2023
I believe I'll just go back to the void, where I was before I was born. Death is just non-existence. There's no feeling of suffering, but also no joy. No more anxiety, but no calm. Just nothing at all. And we won't even know we are dead. The thought there might be something after death is more unsettling to me than that.

Reactions: sanlcx, goodnightmiku and tiredone
kateve

kateve

Sep 11, 2023
I love the way you think. And, honestly, if what you say is true, I would be more than happy about it

T

tiredone

Tired one
Dec 12, 2022
I believe I'll just go back to the void, where I was before I was born. Death is just non-existence. There's no feeling of suffering, but also no joy. No more anxiety, but no calm. Just nothing at all. And we won't even know we are dead. The thought there might be something after death is more unsettling to me than that.
I like to think its like that.
Problem is i was raised and indoctrinated by almost whole family as catholic. My brain does not want to belive this non-sens, but deeply rooted fear of punishment remains, and triggers all kinds of possibilities.
But this one seems most logical, and thats why i try to belive its like that.

Reactions: sanlcx and LostVirtue
sanlcx

sanlcx

Oct 21, 2023
Yes, when a person dies they're gone, their brain and corpse will rot and that's it, but what i'm saying is that new people will keep getting born after that, we never stop experiencing consciounsness. I'm not very good at explaining this, but i hope it made some sense.

Reactions: LostVirtue
LostVirtue

LostVirtue

Oct 22, 2023
Yes, when a person dies they're gone, their brain and corpse will rot and that's it, but what i'm saying is that new people will keep getting born after that, we never stop experiencing consciounsness. I'm not very good at explaining this, but i hope it made some sense.
I think I'd like that. Of all the options rebirth like this, even if we don't know our consciousness is being sort of "recycled" sounds nice. I guess none of us will know until we get there, and even then we might not know that we died.