birdofafeather

birdofafeather

Just tired
Feb 12, 2023
There is this part of me that believes that humans are inherently kind and empathetic, and I do quite literally everything I can to protect that part of me. I believe that the systems we live in breed, perpetuate, and reward cruelty and egocentrism. After all, the only reason the sapiens are the only remaining species of the Homo genus is due to community and communication: survival in groups.
That idea, while partially correct, is a gross oversimplification of human nature. Humans, after all, were the ones who built these cruel systems we live in. People manipulate others for no apparent reason, and the pain they cause breeds more pain.
This part of me has put me into some unbelievably horrible situations, and while it is the part of me that is most optimistic, it's also the part of me that has driven me to CTB, as time and time again, we get hurt because of this assumption of inherent kindness.
I'm tired. I wish things were nicer. I wish people were kinder. The void and inherent meaninglessness of everything wouldn't feel as lonely. I want to destroy myself. There is this inherent part of me, inherent part of human nature that revels in its own self destruction. All I want to do is harm myself visibly and painfully, until there isn't a single part of me that isn't scarred and then to end it. To just end the pain that comes with being hurt over and over and over again. The pain that comes with fighting the depression and bpd and all the other mental illness alone.
I don't know. I'm tired.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, HyenaRadio, ireallylikemangoes and 1 other person
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
I don't think humans are inherently kind, I think altruism is a disguise for our very selfish nature. Humans constantly torment others and social expectations are the only solid thing in the way of people showing their true colours. I don't think most people think anything through, they just do which also leads them to be cruel to others relentlessly. I've never really met anyone who's been particularly nice to me and it's unsurprising. It's understandable that you feel tired and I am as well, I just want to be able to sleep forever. I hope you can find the rest you need.

• Love
Reactions: Suicidе, leavingsoon99, OceanBlue and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The way that I see it, humans are responsible for making this world even more of a hellish place, it's a cruel mistake how the human species even evolved in the first place, you just cannot trust and rely on people in this cruel world which is just the unfortunate reality. It really doesn't surprise me that so many are suicidal in a world like this.

Reactions: settheory, Suicidе, leavingsoon99 and 2 others
man_in_red:)

man_in_red:)

Wandering with no destination
Mar 27, 2023
Yup life is just a game with a metaphysical leader board, and everyone is just DYING to get to the top. Almost everyone, some people are just dying to get it over with.

Reactions: leavingsoon99 and OceanBlue
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
Nah, evil comes easy to humans.. when given an enemy as a group they bond by committing the most violent acts.

Humans have done the worst to survive this long.. they shouldn't be romanticized.

Reactions: leavingsoon99
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
I'll just say this...

Earth is hell, and humans are its imps.

Reactions: OceanBlue